British Speedway Forum

Stupid comment mate..

I hope the Poles boycott next week and Old man Olsen gets the sack. Heads have to role for this.

Oh I dunno ... you wanna try watching the news & see whats going on in the world ... I just try to keep a smile on my face & enjoy life (yes even when bad things happen to me) ... sorry for being one of lifes happy people :lol:

You know I have not been on here long .... I was warned it was used by lots of miserable people wjo do nothing but moan all the time .... I thoght it was not possible .... BUT hey I cant be right all the time :lol:

Well Smolinski must not be allowed to be the wild card next week, and the Poles have had their turn.

So bring on Chris Holder for the Finale !!!!!!!

Posting this from a very hot Germany, wont go into how my party is feeling as the comments could cause a ban :mad: :mad:

First and foremost i feel for every fan. How ever for the management of the series heads have to role...

The events off today show exactly why speedway is seen as a micky mouse sport. The so called biggest night in the seaon and they cock it up big style. May be the track was awful but they have had enough time to get it rght. The weather this week has been hot so plenty of time to get it dry and even order some more from tracks within Germany...or is that 2 simple. And for BSI to say the stadium is cold they have giant fan heaters at the Vetlins arena so more sh** from the promoters.

Where i am staying the locals have been talking about how few ticket have been sold and that the promotion would be loosing money! Interesting now they have the insurance and a full house next week they will make money! How they have managed to get it re-arranged for next week just today is very dodgy as hotels have been sold out for a week.

I hope it rains very very had and BSI are stuck as this GP series is ruining the sport i love.

Well put. Totally agree.....this whole thing is outrageous,and as many people have said, there must be more to this. Nicki injured, AJ ill,apparent ticket sales down, the ability to claim on insurance, re-stage it, and make more money in Poland..... all very very fishy. It must be heartbreaking for all those fans who made the trip.....

Edited by zonkers

Well Smolinski must not be allowed to be the wild card next week, and the Poles have had their turn.

What a load of rubbish. Smol has been nominated for the wild card and he fully justifies his place in the re-run. And nobody who rides for Poole should ever be granted a wild card!

EDIT: What gives big conk the right to be in it anyway?

EDIT 2: Its a shame, because id like him if he didnt ride for Poole!!

Edited by Mr Bee

Why must Smolinski not be allowed as a wild card next week?

It's not his fault that it all went t*** up! :angry:

Oh I dunno ... you wanna try watching the news & see whats going on in the world ... I just try to keep a smile on my face & enjoy life (yes even when bad things happen to me) ... sorry for being one of lifes happy people :lol:

You know I have not been on here long .... I was warned it was used by lots of miserable people wjo do nothing but moan all the time .... I thoght it was not possible .... BUT hey I cant be right all the time :lol:

Not a misery, just a wallyish comment matey.. Didnt mean to have a go I know you were only messing..

Like to see Emil Sajfutdinov given a go.

Not a misery, just a wallyish comment matey.. Didnt mean to have a go I know you were only messing..

No probs ... I am just fed up with nearly every post on this site being full of moaning ... are there any happy speedway fans on here apart from Pirates & Monarchs ?? :(

Like to see Emil Sajfutdinov given a go.

No doubt we'd all like to see such and such have a go but the fact remains that Martin Smolinski has done nothing to warrant his removal from next weeks hastily rearranged final GP.

It would be mightily unfair for the organisers to strip him of the chance and hand it to Holder, Sajfutdinov or another Pole and who's to say Smoli won't perform better than either of those 2. Look at the GP from Bydgoszcz 3-4 weeks ago and Jonsson didn't exactly pull up any trees did he........on his own Polish league track.

I'm still trying to get my head round how an indoor speedway meeting gets called off.....I'm not sure how they did it but boy did they do it. :angry:

No probs ... I am just fed up with nearly every post on this site being full of moaning ... are there any happy speedway fans on here apart from Pirates & Monarchs ?? :(

I'm happy just watched A.Jonsson win last year, in a race with the 4 best riders in the world Jonsson ,Crump, Adams and Hancock.

Thanks to Swedish TV for the rerun.

No doubt we'd all like to see such and such have a go but the fact remains that Martin Smolinski has done nothing to warrant his removal from next weeks hastily rearranged final GP.

It would be mightily unfair for the organisers to strip him of the chance and hand it to Holder, Sajfutdinov or another Pole and who's to say Smoli won't perform better than either of those 2. Look at the GP from Bydgoszcz 3-4 weeks ago and Jonsson didn't exactly pull up any trees did he........on his own Polish league track.

I'm still trying to get my head round how an indoor speedway meeting gets called off.....I'm not sure how they did it but boy did they do it. :angry:

Hey if leaves on the track can stop a train service .... anything is possible :wink:

Just wondering - what is the German fans take on all this, they must be just as dissapointed as everyone else ? Have they had more info in their press as to why the meeting was called off.

Another random thought ....if the track was wet and the weather warm and dry - why not keep the roof open so that the water could evaporate out into the atmosphere rather than have the humidity in the stadia build with the roof closed and the shale absorb all the moisture?

nightrider

I really sympathize with those who made the trek to Germany who have been royally screwed by the organizers reprehensible handling of this event.

I live on the US East Coast. I was planning to take my family across the Atlantic to attend the British GP next Summer. How confident can I be about this when (a) an event in an indoor arena can still be postponed because of "weather" and (B) it can be rescheduled for a week later in a DIFFERENT COUNTRY!?

Edited by TheDons

I'm happy just watched A.Jonsson win last year, in a race with the 4 best riders in the world Jonsson ,Crump, Adams and Hancock.

Thanks to Swedish TV for the rerun.

Let's face it,you sit for days on end putting spikes into tyres.You'll find anything interesting compared to that :wink::lol:

Let's face it,you sit for days on end putting spikes into tyres.You'll find anything interesting compared to that :wink::lol:

Nice to see you have a sense of humour after tonight, it's the wifes turn on the tyres today. :lol: