British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Tiger Cub

Heathersfield Gold Helmet 2008

Glasgow speedway finish their season with the Heathersfield Gold Helmet. The line up is as follows

1.Johnny Grey

2.Richard Lawson

3.John MacPhail

4.Adam McKinna

5.Kieran Morris

6.Steven Jones

7.Gary Beaton

8.Scott Richardson

9.James McBain

10.Scott James

11.Mike Pickering

12.Robert McNeil

Looks like an interesting meeting and with Tigers legend Steve Lawson presenting the Helmet to the winner it should be a good afternoon.

The great one should whip the leathers back on one more time, he would probably win it :approve:

This meeting has now been called off due to rain. Will be restaged next week with a 3pm start.

Edited by Highlander

Scorers can be found at Lioness' site

http://www.glasgowspeedway.com/GSCom/meeti...ield%20Jnr.html

McKinna & Lawson were best in the field but met in Heat 1 when the track was at it's heaviest.

Yeah , it was a shame the meeting was really decided after heat 1 . The track was really tricky early on , but improved from half way onwards . A final with McKinna , Lawson and Beaton would have been interesting . Thought Craig Cook , though a bit wild , showed a great deal of promise . Where does he come from ? Also the young lad Hurst ( who wore the Birmingham racejacket ) looked a tidy wee rider .

I thought it was Stuart Parnaby in the Birmingham Race Jacket, can any one confirm?

Well done to Adam, and Richard Lawson rode very well, it was only his second outing on the Ashfield track.

Craig Cook looked not bad Paulco although I think we agreed his charge up the inside of Mckinna into the third bend was a wee touch ambitious :wink: It looked like he was wearing and riding Kriss Irvings old gear so he could possibly be fron the Cumbria area :unsure:

I said on Easy Tiger that it was disappointing there was no final to decide the winner and Colin Mackie responded by saying in hindsight he should have gone with one. It would have been a decent race as the track conditions had improved and I believe young Lawson would have had the measure of Adam if they were to meet again. The tannoy not working on the fourth bend was a poor show and thats the first time in all my years of going to speedway that I have just given up on filling out my prog.

Edited by mervjankefanclub

I thought it was Stuart Parnaby in the Birmingham Race Jacket, can any one confirm?

Well done to Adam, and Richard Lawson rode very well, it was only his second outing on the Ashfield track.

You could be right ( in fact you probably are ) as i was in the bar when the riders were introduced at the start and i gave up filling in my prog after heat 4 as there was no tannoy . Somebody told me the laddie in the Birmingham racebib was Hurst , but that was in the bar a while after Davie started dishing the stock out at half price . :P

Having now seen a few snaps it looks like you are right Coppernut, Parnaby was indeed wearing a Brummies race jacket and riding an old Jason Lyons bike, Jack Hirst was wearing a Redcar jacket.

Stuart when not racing himself is Jason Lyon's mechanic

Didnt know that Coppernut, I seem to remember Jason was one of the first to start wearing the SJP gear that Stuart made when he retired the first time, in fact didnt David wear his kevlars :unsure: . I am assuming its the same Stuart Parnaby who was once a Bradford junior :blink:

Hope he let Lyonsy know he was using one of his bikes, and didnt just sneak off with it :P

Didnt know that Coppernut, I seem to remember Jason was one of the first to start wearing the SJP gear that Stuart made when he retired the first time, in fact didnt David wear his kevlars :unsure: . I am assuming its the same Stuart Parnaby who was once a Bradford junior :blink:

Hope he let Lyonsy know he was using one of his bikes, and didnt just sneak off with it :P

Stuart and his brother Steve were both juniors at Bradford, and it was Steve who made the racing suits and bike covers (SJP) which David used to wear. Steve also made the Racejackets for David's Farewell meeting .

Edited by Coppernut

Craig Cook is from Workington. He is an ex Moto-X rider that Keith Denham has scouted along with Richard Lawson. Hasnt been riding aslong as Lawson though, last few months or so but has shown great promise.