British Speedway Forum

It was embarrassing watching Tomasz Gollob being presented with that yellow Super Prix trophy when we all knew he was going to go in blue. What a great idea that was!

I thought it was more embarrassing that Bellamy was handing over a trophy that looked like it had been made in a CDT class. :D

Anyone notice the wry smile Tomasz gave when the girl translating mention next year.

AlsoTatum said "he'll be sorely missed" & then backtracked & said"When he does retire"

Edited by colincooke

Anyone notice the wry smile Tomasz gave when the girl translating mention next year.

AlsoTatum said "he'll be sorely missed" & then backtracked & said"When he does retire"

Don't really listen to what tatum says!! :shock: I'm glad someone does though! :wink:

According to the Super Prix rules - if one rider win more than one GP from "Super Prix series" than the place in the final heat goes to the best rider in the final GP classification. And that's why (and only that!) Nicki tried to start :P in yellow helmet.

Edited by Mama

Now i see it for myself, Nicki was 2nd in Parken & that's the rules.

Hey-ho.

No the rules, decided before the season were that in the event of an already qualified rider gaining a second qualification then that place would go to the highest ranked GP rider not currently with a super prix place.

I was highlighting the fact that you thought Andersen was more worthy with second place last night than would have been the second place rider in PARKEN. both were second to Gollob in a super prix final.

No the rules, decided before the season were that in the event of an already qualified rider gaining a second qualification then that place would go to the highest ranked GP rider not currently with a super prix place.

I was highlighting the fact that you thought Andersen was more worthy with second place last night than would have been the second place rider in PARKEN. both were second to Gollob in a super prix final.

That makes a bloody nonsense of it then imo.

Why am i surprised? :rolleyes:

That makes a bloody nonsense of it then imo.

Why am i surprised? :rolleyes:

Are you totally stupid or is it just an act, it is the absolute best and fairest way of deciding the four super prix finalists, for christs sake if you have nothing remotely intelligent to say simply say nothing.

it is the absolute best and fairest way of deciding the four super prix finalists

And for once I agree with you, even if the Super Prix is a daft concept in itself. ;)

Thought this was by far the best GP I've seen this season ........ Excellent racing which wasn't without it's racing incidents.

NikkiP may have been excluded from the Super Prix final but he was still smiling could that be because he still got the money for being the fourth man in ..... I would of been smiling ear to ear if that had been me, not racing and still coining it in :approve:

BSI knew what they were doing, a massive crowd to cheer a banker home win, 95% of people who know speedway knew the result before the start!

Sadly in doing so they killed speedway!!!!!!!!!!!! I for one will not attend another meeting that BSI make money from, well done 44 years of dedication to the sport down the pan!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

What-is-your-problem??? Everyone could have won this GP but Gollob did it. He deserved the 3rd place just like Greg or Hans but they simply didn't make it. I dislike Gollob but when I read your posts I get so angry! You can't always have things your way. Get a life but first learn how to lose.

Hello peeps, first time poster here! :)

Have to agree that Hancock got shafted last night. Fair play to Gollob though, being the best rider on the night by far. If he had nailed 3rd place in Germany then no one would be complaining but lets be honest here ... if you had to bet your house who was gonna win in Bydgoszcz, 99.9% would have backed Gollob.

Have to feel sorry for Greg, busting a gut all season just to be robbed of a Bronze medal by last weeks farce. I mean, would it have been fair to Nikki P and everybody else for that matter, if the final GP had been moved to Belle Vue ...(humour me here!)... obviously favouring Crumpie to win the Super Prix and possibly giving him the only feasible chance of catching Pedersen?

Although i enjoyed the racing last night i felt that the situation stunk .... it made me feel bad about speedways integrity. No matter what you like or dislike about certain riders, we should ALL want the outcome to be fair to all of them, shouldn't we?

I know life's not fair....but that doesn't make it okay if you can do something about it!! :angry:

Sorry it took a "moan" to make my first post....!! ;)

What-is-your-problem??? Everyone could have won this GP but Gollob did it. He deserved the 3rd place just like Greg or Hans but they simply didn't make it. I dislike Gollob but when I read your posts I get so angry! You can't always have things your way. Get a life but first learn how to lose.

I'm getting a bit sick of reading people bleating about Greg being robbed as well...From the way some were writing on here, you'd think Greg couldn't ride Bydgoszcz at all, and Tomek couldn't ride temporary tracks at all..... It's just a shame that Greg won at Bydgoszcz earlier this year and Tomek won at Parken earlier this year to totally discredit those arguments.

Yes, Tomek's chances of outscoring Greg possibly improved when the venue changed, but it didn't gift it to Tomek, he still had to go out and race for it.

If a decent temporary surface had been provided last weekend, unlike the one served up at Cardiff year after year, I'm sure Tomek would have been out giving his absolute best, and might well have repeated his achievement in Parken...and if Greg had spent less time worrying about being hard done by and more time concentrating on his racing, maybe he would have won at Bydgoszcz last night!

NikkiP may have been excluded from the Super Prix final but he was still smiling could that be because he still got the money for being the fourth man in ..... I would of been smiling ear to ear if that had been me, not racing and still coining it in :approve:

Of course, he might also have just been delighted because he had retained his World title and joined an Elite band of Danish riders with 3 World Titles.

:rolleyes:

I see you got an answer to your Egon Müller theory in the Speedway Star the other week.Wonder if you took note? B)

Well firstly I don't read the Star so I have no idea what was said and secondly what is my "Egon Muller Theory"

Lets get this straight, I agree Muller was the most worthy winner on the day, his day. All the elements combined to make it virtually impossible for Muller to lose. But I dont agree that Egon was in reality among the best speedway riders of that time, he merely exposed the flaw in the old system.

Plenty of other riders have had luck on their side to win World Finals, Mauger was extremely lucky to win in 1977, but he was at the time one of the best speedway riders in the world and would have been in with a chance wherever the final was raced. Quite simply Muller would not have won on any other speedway track, in fact Norden was more of a long track.

The same could be said for Szcackiel in 1973.

As for Havvy in 1992, a poor field combined with lousy weather and a disjointed meeting simply threw up an unlikely winner although it could have been worse if Gert Handberg had won as could so easily have happened

As for Havvy in 1992, a poor field combined with lousy weather and a disjointed meeting simply threw up an unlikely winner although it could have been worse if Gert Handberg had won as could so easily have happened

Garvy Havelock was easily one of the best - if not the best rider in the world in 1992. All season long he was outstanding, on the rostrum (winning 2) in all the qualifying rounds & up the top of the league averages. Hans wasnt at the final granted, but all the other big names of the time were and Havvy was one of the pre meeting favourites. To imply it was a lucky win is a wrong Sir.

Perfectly capable of losing, just wish that it had been fair on ALL the other riders not just Greg (who i like) but others who i don't particularly like. :mad:

Not keen on Gollob either BUT he isn't to blame for the farce we had on saturday (racing was very good but with home track advantage no-one was going to pass Him were they??) :rolleyes:

The blame lies firmly with BSI, Carlyboys post about integrity is very appropriate and mature.