British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
beesbarmyarmy

Wild Cards For 09

Erm.....Holder didnt ride at ZG in the Gp Challenge...

I was very very drunk at that meeting, but think i would have noticed Holder riding.

You are abolut right. Holder was in the qualification round 4 the 21st June in Lonigo, were he finished 9th with 5 points.

Excuse my ignorance here, but was Tai considerd for the Gp's...? Think he will have more chance of doing well for us than Snotty ! Scott seems to crack under pressure, whereas Tai thrives on it? Is he not ready/too young, or didn't he want it? :-/

Bwahahahahahaha!

IMO, probably the correct 4 (may have swapped Richardson for Nicholls) but then I don't just look at British results so what do I know?!

The last time I looked Chris Holder was 9th in the Polish averages, with Hans Andersen 14th and Scott Nicholls in 27th place!

So it isn't just over here that Chris can do well. His time will come for the Gps, but I would like to see him get a couple of the Wild Cards as he hasn't got a seeded place.

You have to remember he rode at reserve all season though, that contributed to his high average. Still very good tho.

Bwahahahahahaha!

IMO, probably the correct 4 (may have swapped Richardson for Nicholls) but then I don't just look at British results so what do I know?!

Are you serious, Richardson for Nicholls. That is crazy. I was at Zielona Gora for the GP challenge. And as for people saying at this stage Tai is better, how totally ridiculous. He doesnt even ride in the Elite League and is a reserve in Poland.

Excuse my ignorance here, but was Tai considerd for the Gp's...? Think he will have more chance of doing well for us than Snotty ! Scott seems to crack under pressure, whereas Tai thrives on it? Is he not ready/too young, or didn't he want it? :-/

He is nowhere near ready. Would be absolutely ridiculous to give him a wildcard at this stage.

people saying at this stage Tai is better, how totally ridiculous. He doesnt even ride in the Elite League

He does now ! :wink:

Zagar will the the Dryml of 2009

Can't see him being that bad.

Will probably float somewhere around 9th.

Can't see him being that bad.

Will probably float somewhere around 9th.

9th is the beggars place.

He is nowhere near ready. Would be absolutely ridiculous to give him a wildcard at this stage.

But he won the plrc .

The only way to qualify for GPs should be on the track. Top 8 from previous year's GP + U21 Champ + top 6 from qualifiers + highest average home rider from the senior league of the staging country. Fairer all round and you qualify on merit.

Wild cards? PAH :mad:

Best suggestion I have seen for ages. Sadly thoough there are sound sponsirship and financial reason s why this would never happen.

And there was us dreaming of a world championship that ANY rider had a chance of winning

Who on earth picked these wildcards....Stevie Wonder.

So Bjarne Pedersen and Chris Harris have been replaced by the calibre of Sebastian Ulamek and Matej Zagar.....are they having a giraffe or what.

Nicholls and Saufutdinov I understand and I am glad Holder turned down the GP series but it is really embarrassing for GB that we have only one rider in.

Matej Zagar igve me a break.....Davy Watt could do better or Lindback or Hampel....even Mark Loram and he's been injured for a year.

So Bjarne Pedersen and Chris Harris have been replaced by the calibre of Sebastian Ulamek and Matej Zagar.....are they having a giraffe or what.

I know, how dare Ulamek attempt to qualify and then actually get in because he was good enough on the day. Christ if Bomber had done that and got a place in the GP series for next year we'd be loving it.

Just read on sportowefakty.pl that 4 names were just FIM proposals. BSI's got the final word and they will announce the wild cards in two weeks time.

Are you serious, Richardson for Nicholls. That is crazy. I was at Zielona Gora for the GP challenge.

I don't think Lee should be in for Scott,but just because you was at ZG,what does that mean?I was at Vojens last year and Tomicek finished 4 points ahead of Lindgren.I am glad we didn't have to see Lubos in every GP this year in place of Lindgren :blink:

I don't think Lee should be in for Scott,but just because you was at ZG,what does that mean?I was at Vojens last year and Tomicek finished 4 points ahead of Lindgren.I am glad we didn't have to see Lubos in every GP this year in place of Lindgren :blink:

Did you see how many Lee scored. But worse than that he seemed disinterested. How else do you explain 3 points. And before anyone mentions it his EF were typical at the back EFs