British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
beesbarmyarmy

Wild Cards For 09

Im missing why Zagar is such a bad choice?

Hampel? Boring. Puk? Didn't really hack it this year did he? Who else is there?

Im missing why Zagar is such a bad choice?

Hampel? Boring. Puk? Didn't really hack it this year did he? Who else is there?

Holder! :wink:

Sorry Bazaar - I seem to have missed this. Where does it say he has turned them down. Cause based on that I assume if Hancock decides to retire or Holta does not return I guess he wont accept the aditional place.

Whereas the original list seems to indicate he is on standby.

Why put him on standby IF he has already sadi NO :unsure:

You are correct, Sandie. Chris Holder did say he wasn't sure if he had the money

or the right back-up team to do the GPs, but he said that if he was offered a seeded place,

then he would take it. (He would be silly to turn it down IF he is offered a place IMO,

because I'm sure he would increase his sponsorship to help him financially.)

We will have to wait and see.

9th is the beggars place.

IMO not anymore. I predict 2009 to be Scott's last season in SGP. Do not shout, just print screen it :P

Might not be a million miles away with that comment. Depending on whether or not any of the Brit boys progress to GP standard.

IMO not anymore. I predict 2009 to be Scott's last season in SGP. Do not shout, just print screen it :P

You are probably right.

Tai is nowhere near ready for the GP's and frankly would be embarrased if he were nominated.

Wot...: like he was in the World Cup Final... :shock::angry:

It's attitudes like this which as well as being plain wrong, hold bring the current World Championship into total disrepute...

Ronnie Moore rode in a World Final at 17 - without embarrassment!!! :rolleyes:

It's attitudes like this which as well as being plain wrong, hold bring the current World Championship into total disrepute...

Its a factual statement any one that has watched him on a regular occurrence knows he isn't ready for the GPs yet.

Woffinded him self admitted that he might struggle to compete with some of the Elite League riders

It isn't just ability he is well behind them in terms of equipment and backing

It just takes time, he will get there one day though

Really they should scrap the GP nominations, and bring back the GP Challenge Round (they have one for the World Longtrack GP Championship).

The bottom eight riders from the GP series, then race against the top eight from the GP Final qualifier, with the top eight riders into the GP series next season (no Wildcards).

All this nonsense that a certain number of riders from each country must in the GP's, makes a mockery of it. If your good enough to qualify, then you should be in the GP's, if your not, then you should try again next year.

Think you will find Tai didn't ride in the World Cup Final, GB failing to qualify from the run-off where he scored a creditable 9 points from 6 rides ( though I think you will find he didn't beat any current GP riders).

Maybe you are talking about the World Team Under 21 Final? Again GB failed to qualify though Tai did top score with 14 in the Semi.

Or maybe you are talking about the World Under 21 Final when Tai scored 3 points?

Clearly Tai is not ready for a full GP season yet. Vast majority of people including Tai himself would see that, but don't let that get in the way of having another pop at the GP's!

Its a factual statement any one that has watched him on a regular occurrence knows he isn't ready for the GPs yet.

Woffinded him self admitted that he might struggle to compete with some of the Elite League riders

It isn't just ability he is well behind them in terms of equipment and backing

It just takes time, he will get there one day though

Think you will find Tai didn't ride in the World Cup Final, GB failing to qualify from the run-off where he scored a creditable 9 points from 6 rides ( though I think you will find he didn't beat any current GP riders).

Maybe you are talking about the World Team Under 21 Final? Again GB failed to qualify though Tai did top score with 14 in the Semi.

Or maybe you are talking about the World Under 21 Final when Tai scored 3 points?

Clearly Tai is not ready for a full GP season yet. Vast majority of people including Tai himself would see that, but don't let that get in the way of having another pop at the GP's!

Thanks guys saved me the bother. I wish people would realise scoring a few points in the PL and looking good against no-one in particular during GB's failed WC bid. Doesn't mean someone is ready for the GP's.

QUOTE (Robbie B @ Oct 31 2008, 11:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Really they should scrap the GP nominations, and bring back the GP Challenge Round (they have one for the World Longtrack GP Championship).

The bottom eight riders from the GP series, then race against the top eight from the GP Final qualifier, with the top eight riders into the GP series next season (no Wildcards).

All this nonsense that a certain number of riders from each country must in the GP's, makes a mockery of it. If your good enough to qualify, then you should be in the GP's, if your not, then you should try again next year.

You would need more than one qualifier to make it fair. This years GP Challenge would have had a totally different result if it had been raced on 3 different tracks in different countries. Bjerre would have qualified but the 2 Poles would not have.

Sorry Bazaar - I seem to have missed this. Where does it say he has turned them down. Cause based on that I assume if Hancock decides to retire or Holta does not return I guess he wont accept the aditional place.

Whereas the original list seems to indicate he is on standby.

Why put him on standby IF he has already sadi NO :unsure:

It has been well documented that Holder has said ' He does not wish to ride in the GP because he doesn't think he is ready' and do you really think Zagar would have been picked ahead of him.....come on. :neutral:

Apologies.. I did, of course, mean the 'run-off' or whatever that 'last chance' meeting's called... :rolleyes:

Many predicted he would struggle to make any kind of impression in that but, as you say, he scored a creditable nine points..! :approve:

I can't understand why GP apologists don't seem to want to see exciting new blood in the competition. Personally if I was forking out cash to go across Europe to see these meetings (and yes, I can see the attraction of that - I'm even considering Latvia in August meself...: if only 'er indoors would let me..!! :rolleyes: ) I'd want to be seeing some different riders coming in, just for a change if nothing else..!! :blink:

Watching Greg Hancock become the first pensioner still riding in the World Championship in 2028 doesn't really appeal to me!!! :wink: