British Speedway Forum

can someone confirm the bydgoszcz date. i thought it had been put back 2 weeks not bought forward. if it means its in august i wont be able to take the wife away this year cuz il be at bydy

can someone confirm the bydgoszcz date. i thought it had been put back 2 weeks not bought forward. if it means its in august i wont be able to take the wife away this year cuz il be at bydy

Its on first page

Speedway GP:

April/avril 25 Czech Republic/République Tchèque Prague

May/mai 9 Poland/Pologne Leszno

May/mai 30 Sweden/Suède Göteborg

June/juin 13 Denmark/Danemark Copenhagen

June/juin 27 Great Britain/Grande-Bretagne Cardiff

August/août 1 Latvia/Lettonie Daugavpils

August/août 15 Sweden/Suède Malilla

August/août 29 Poland/Pologne Bydgoszcz

September/septembre 12 Slovenia/Slovénie Krsko

September/septembre 26 Tba tba

October/octobre 10 Italy/Italie tba

November/novembre 14 Australia/Australie (tbc) Melbourne

Its on first page

Speedway GP:

April/avril 25 Czech Republic/République Tchèque Prague

May/mai 9 Poland/Pologne Leszno

May/mai 30 Sweden/Suède Göteborg

June/juin 13 Denmark/Danemark Copenhagen

June/juin 27 Great Britain/Grande-Bretagne Cardiff

August/août 1 Latvia/Lettonie Daugavpils

August/août 15 Sweden/Suède Malilla

August/août 29 Poland/Pologne Bydgoszcz

September/septembre 12 Slovenia/Slovénie Krsko

September/septembre 26 Tba tba

October/octobre 10 Italy/Italie tba

November/novembre 14 Australia/Australie (tbc) Melbourne

is this official.thanks

is this official.thanks

yes it is since it is taken from the Official FIM pressrelease document.

Edited by Ghostwalker

someone in prague just confirmed the 1st gp is on the 25th april at the marketa.but tickets are not on sale just yet, their gonna let me no a date soon.im booking me flight and hotel very soon.

Edited by beercellar

According to the speedway star BSI say that only the first 5 GP's that are quoted in the press are correct and they will not be going to Australia so when Bydgoszcz is who knows but for sure its the one to attend

According to the speedway star BSI say that only the first 5 GP's that are quoted in the press are correct and they will not be going to Australia so when Bydgoszcz is who knows but for sure its the one to attend

Quote "Grand Prix rights holders BSI Speedway have ruled out a return to Australia in the GP calendar for 2009. And they say early release of the full schedule by the FIM was 'somewhat premature', insisting only the first five dates are so far confirmed..."

So BSI Speedway can't even confirm a complete calendar in time for the FIM congress ?

They cant even deliver on a fundamental requirement like next years dates ?

Just 5 out of 11 or 12 events confirmed, contradicting the official FIM press release ?

Perhaps the grim realisation that SGP isnt making them any money and they now want out of their 25 year (or however long it is) deal ?

The FIM Track Commission must be wondering who they've got running their flag ship event !

And Prague :( Going to be cold and miserable. Always said the GP got in the way of a good weekend, I might still go in August any way.

Have to agree too early for Prague, have been mid May which is better, Wonder if organisers ever stop to consider the fans. Really the first one ought to be inside, when it might be a bit warmer, or at least further South.

Prague in April? What is the world coming to?

Yes agree about Prague in April-

The average temperature in Prague during the last week of April is low to mid teens. Rainfall is less than half of that in late July/early August. Sounds fine to me. :neutral:

Perhaps the grim realisation that SGP isnt making them any money and they now want out of their 25 year (or however long it is) deal ?

Until 2021 apparently. The contract can also be terminated by BSI if television revenue is insufficient (amongst other things).

That sounds good. What about getting to Krsko by public transport. I like to have the odd drink or two.

Last year we flew to Lubljiana as we wanted to see the city. We took a train - it takes 1.5 to 2 hours depending on stops but the scenery is good !! We stayed at Terme Catez for three days (see Sandie's post) - a complex of three hotels, spas, swimming pools and Water Park. You have to ge a taxi from the railway station to the hotel, about 2 miles, and then need to get to Krsko, about 5 miles. The train did stop at Krsko as well so I suppose you can stay there but we like the days by the outdoor pool in April!

someone in prague just confirmed the 1st gp is on the 25th april at the marketa.but tickets are not on sale just yet, their gonna let me no a date soon.im booking me flight and hotel very soon.

Beercellar,or infact anyone,can you give me some advice please......With there being no Racers :cry: next year i've decided to spend all the money i would spend over the season in one go and i'm going to take the wife to Prague for the speedway and hopefully a dirty weekend :blink: I've found this web-site called My Prague .net and i can book flights and a hotel for less than 400 quid.The hotel i looked at was called the Marketa which as that's the name of the stadium i thought it would be quite close to it,anybody got any idea if it is close or not!!!!!!!!!!

Is it worth booking now or waiting till closer the time !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm a total virgin at this so any help would be much appericated.

Any good advice will be noted and if that person goes to Prague i will meet up with them and buy them a beer or three.................

Cheer's guys in advance

Si.

Beercellar,or infact anyone,can you give me some advice please......With there being no Racers :cry: next year i've decided to spend all the money i would spend over the season in one go and i'm going to take the wife to Prague for the speedway and hopefully a dirty weekend :blink: I've found this web-site called My Prague .net and i can book flights and a hotel for less than 400 quid.The hotel i looked at was called the Marketa which as that's the name of the stadium i thought it would be quite close to it,anybody got any idea if it is close or not!!!!!!!!!!

Is it worth booking now or waiting till closer the time !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm a total virgin at this so any help would be much appericated.

Any good advice will be noted and if that person goes to Prague i will meet up with them and buy them a beer or three.................

Cheer's guys in advance

Si.

Pards

Your hotel choice seems to be some way outside of the main city.

We use Trip Advisor for all our planning and it may be worth you looking at:

see here

It would appear your hotel is not the best reviewed.

Ideally you are looking for a hotel in OLD TOWN or WENCELAS SQUARE. Prague is divided into sections and you are looking at PRAGUE 1 for your main central location.

Also if you can book everthing independantly that sometimes works out cheaper.

Queen Bee and I had a hotel booked last year (Ramada I think!?) and as we got closer to the GP the price of the room kept dropping. So we kept cancelling and re-booking - saved ourselves nearly £100 I think.

Hope that is helpful

Sandie

Cheer's guys in advance

Si.

Looks about halfway between the speedway track and the castle, but not particularly close to either.

I wouldn't bother trying to get close to the stadium for the sake of one tram ride.

The stadium is about 20 minutes by tram form the centre/tourist stuff. Stay in the centre, get the tram on the day for about 50p each. It's easy enough to find, just look for the tram full of speedway fans (or with a big 22 on the front)

If you stay in the centre, you can't go wrong. As Sandie says, ether of the squares. Wenceslas is a bit more active and a bit cheaper where as Old Town is only a 5 minute walk away but is quieter and more expensive and more of a sit down for a beer in a quiet bar rather than the clubs (thats your other half may not always enjoy) of Wenceslas square. Neither is particular busy though.

Pragues brilliant, something for everyone/ Clubs, pubs, bars of varying levels of excitements plus enough tourist thing to do in the day (and night) to impress anyone. Get up to the castle on night, when everything is lit up it's amazing.

Don't stay near the stadium, you'll be miles from anywhere but the stadium and what appears to be a ghetto.

Cheer's guys in advance

Si.

if you dont mind going fri-mon you could try www.click4sky.com which offers cheap czech airline flights.for a hotel try www.booking.com who have over 250 hotels in prague listed.