British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Shadders

Pairs Meeting @ Peterborough

Can't see anything on the forum about this, apologies if it's been mentioned elsewhere.

Only heard about this meeting because someone mentioned Robbo was riding in it.

Apparently Tai has pulled out of the meeting and there is as yet no partner announced for Robbo.

Line up isn't particularly inviting, but hey...it's gonna be a long speedwayless winter, so it'll probably be my last fix until the New Year Classic.

Looking forward to it, haven't been to Peterborough since the Rockets won there in the Inter league Cup in 2003.

Link to info HERE

Can't see anything on the forum about this, apologies if it's been mentioned elsewhere.

Only heard about this meeting because someone mentioned Robbo was riding in it.

Apparently Tai has pulled out of the meeting and there is as yet no partner announced for Robbo

Line up isn't particularly inviting, but hey...it's gonna be a long speedwayless winter, so it'll probably be my last fix until the New Year Classic.

Looking forward to it, haven't been to Peterborough since the Rockets won there in the Inter league Cup in 2003.

Link to info HERE

I doubted this information and have checked accordingly, this is completely untrue and should not be posted on the BSF as this could be harmful to the staging promotion.

Tai Woffinden is riding tonight as planned.

Edited by bigcatdiary

Guest FlyinPanther
I doubted this information and have checked accordingly, this is completely untrue and should not be posted on the BSF as this could be harmful to the staging promotion.

Tssk Tssk Shadders you are a bad lad... :oops:

I have to agree with you here BCD rumours like this spread like wildfire and can affect the promoting of such an event! :rolleyes:

Guest Steve Dixon
Cos the line up is amazing anyway :unsure:

Was a very entertaining night actually, some great racing and some funny stuff at the end.

was a great meeting with some good racing.

thanks to all the people that were involved in putting the meeting together.

i am going with it being with Tai n Zabik.

Just going to be thinking bout going to Stoke tonight then that would be my last for 2008 : (

it was a good night, some good racing and competitive even allowing for the fact it was a " friendly" meeting.

Tai and Karol added a bit of fun at the end cant believe they done that , various laps , doughnuts , wheelies wearing only boots and crash helmet and underpants, [nice pink ones in Tai`s case}.

even afterwards Henning summed up what speedway is all about.

a little boy wanted to take his photo, but henning being henning wouldnt have it and waited a good couple of minutes while "mum" was trained to use the camera so that the boy could be in the picture with him.

brilliant henning and shows why speedway riders are far better people than football stars.

spectators count and are not just bums on seats

Absolutely cracking nights worth of racing. It was my first visit to P'boro last night and I guarantee that I will do my best to get back some time again.

Three standouts of the night for me were Tai, Zabik and Bridger.

Wouldn't actually be surprised to see Bridger end up there next season on that showing, even more so because it says in this week's SS that he wanted to go to a bigger track..

Was nice to see Robbo back mixing it again, IMO proving that he could still do a job in the EL.

One bad thing though, t'was blooming cold last night :shock:

I received a text at 11.46am yesterday from someone local with connections telling me that Tai had pulled out. I'll not name them to prevent their blushes.

I was pleasantly surprised at the riders commitment last night. Some cracking racing and on the whole a very good nights entertainment.

I'll certainly be planning more trips up next season if the racing is uaually as good as this

Lewis Bridger caught the eye last night as did Robbo, who was certainly in the mix.

Absolutely cracking nights worth of racing. It was my first visit to P'boro last night and I guarantee that I will do my best to get back some time again.

Three standouts of the night for me were Tai, Zabik and Bridger.

Wouldn't actually be surprised to see Bridger end up there next season on that showing, even more so because it says in this week's SS that he wanted to go to a bigger track..

Was nice to see Robbo back mixing it again, IMO proving that he could still do a job in the EL.

One bad thing though, t'was blooming cold last night :shock:

God i remember the freezing damp foggy nights at Berrington Lough think thats how it was spelt going to the bar getting

the up and down eyes for daring to travel up to watch the Panthers get a thumping ,Rob Grant elbowing Nigel Flatman in the neck area after the race had finished as it wouldnt of hurt in the face with his helmet on !! , Dick Barrie taking the pi$$ out of our minibus that one of us fans actually owned not rented it Yep i've had some great nights up at Berwick also.

I received a text at 11.46am yesterday from someone local with connections telling me that Tai had pulled out. I'll not name them to prevent their blushes.

I was pleasantly surprised at the riders commitment last night. Some cracking racing and on the whole a very good nights entertainment.

I'll certainly be planning more trips up next season if the racing is uaually as good as this

Lewis Bridger caught the eye last night as did Robbo, who was certainly in the mix.

Was interesting to hear that Robbos reason for wanting to ride EL was down to the air fence safety issue that is in place for EL and not PL,

Was interesting to hear that Robbos reason for wanting to ride EL was down to the air fence safety issue that is in place for EL and not PL,

While at Rye last week he gave a list of the tracks he thought were dangerous.

Tai and Karol added a bit of fun at the end cant believe they done that , various laps , doughnuts , wheelies wearing only boots and crash helmet and underpants, [nice pink ones in Tai`s case}.

Maybe next year a promoter might bring over Nanna Jörgensen.I am sure seeing Nanna going round in just pink underwear,boots and a crash hlemet should put a few extra spectators on the gate.Especially in October :lol:

Nanna