British Speedway Forum

To be honest, that is rubbish. :rolleyes:

It is not the Poole fans who have been complaining about the meeting / the name of the meeting or anything else.

It is the supporters of other clubs, notably the Newport fans. While I can understand the Newport fans dismay at this meeting being held in Poole, there are a few days yet before we know for certain that Newport will even be running in 2009. (I sincerely hope that they are)

Hopefully, Newport will stage the meeting again next year. :)

It is not the Poole fans who have been complaining about the meeting / the name of the meeting or anything else.

It is the supporters of other clubs, notably the Newport fans. While I can understand the Newport fans dismay at this meeting being held in Poole, there are a few days yet before we know for certain that Newport will even be running in 2009. (I sincerely hope that they are)

I think maybe he was misquoted or its just a mistake as i don't think he meant poole fans.

Agree with you Pollyanna - most Poole fans have said very little but then does he mean this site or the Poole Forum.

I have nothing against him having he licence (I have said that before) but that interview in the paper is a little hard to swallow as the meeting was originally the Champion of Chamions meeting and was only renamed as the Tim Stone meeting as an afterthought.

That is what upsets me and I am sure there are Poole fans that feel the same even if they choose not to be vocal.

And I am not about t read over the thread again but I certainly wouldnt say the thread has been abusive. Many have asked questions but I dont remember reading abuse. Maybe if I have a free 10minutes laterI will read it all again!!!! :unsure:

Maybe not abusive, but some of it has been extremely harsh but i think feelings were running high among some fans and maybe they have calmed down about it now.

And I am not about t read over the thread again but I certainly wouldnt say the thread has been abusive. Many have asked questions but I dont remember reading abuse. Maybe if I have a free 10minutes laterI will read it all again!!!! :unsure:

There was an element of abuse in there Sandie, trust me. Some of the comments were out of order, particularly in the early day - I know because I replied to some of them. I think perhaps the paper may have misconstrued the 'forum' as being the Poole one rather than this one, as only one person I think on the Poole forum (who's a bit of a miserable old anyway) has been negative about the meeting.

Agree with you Pollyanna - most Poole fans have said very little but then does he mean this site or the Poole Forum.

I have nothing against him having he licence (I have said that before) but that interview in the paper is a little hard to swallow as the meeting was originally the Champion of Chamions meeting and was only renamed as the Tim Stone meeting as an afterthought.

That is what upsets me and I am sure there are Poole fans that feel the same even if they choose not to be vocal.

Poole fans will turn up in great numbers like they always do.

Matt and the Poole staff will put on a great show as they always do.

Tim will be shown the respect he is clearly due by all that turn up.

Newport can have the meeting back in 2009 if there running again.

Whats the problem? :rolleyes:

Tidgy! You've posted on here!! You'll get a nosebleed being up this high! :P:lol:

I had to ask first

Don't you mean newport can have it back in 2010!! :wink: Getting as bad as nij on weds night! :lol:

Don't you mean newport can have it back in 2010!! :wink: Getting as bad as nij on weds night! :lol:

Its 2008 and Poole have the meeting, it's being run in 2009. Newport will apply for it in 2009 will they not.?

Excellent,just over a month to go then :lol:

Zibi Sucheki is the latest rider to be added to the line-up as reported on the poole website.

So sorry to have to ask this question again but I wouldn't have to if someone had answered it previously. Matt has decided to dedicate this meeting to Tim Stone, but this was obviously not his original plans "Champion of Champions Meeting which would have had no connection with Newport or Tim Stone but then there was a change and its now the NYC "In memory of Tim Stone" - PLEASE can someone advise why he has decided to dedicate it to TIM and how he intends to dedicate this meeting in his memory.

AND please SHOV .................

DONT BOTHER preaching in response to this - we are all converted to your clergy mate - but we wont be taking communion

no flannel or meadow poo just purely curious as are all the Newport Fans as to Matts sincere sentiments as were published in the local Rag but no quote as to how he proposes to dedicate this meeting to TIM.

Its such a simple question to answer but maybe the only person that can answer it is the person who thought up the idea in the first place and the decision would not have been made to run it on this basis without a pre-thought

Edited by newportspeedwayhh

To be honest, I think the only person you are going to get the answer from is Matt himself. I'd suggest calling the speedway office as others have done - he's an approachable chap and I'm sure if asked in the right way, he'd be more than happy to tell you what's behind the plans. With all due respect, asking on here isn't going to get you anything other than second hand info or hearsay, either from a forum member or via the papers.