British Speedway Forum

It's blatently obvious in all walks of life that one mans meat is another mans poison.

This could certainly be said of both Scott Nicholls and Chris Harris. I personally prefer Scott to Bomber, but that said I will be behind BOTH of them 100% for the coming GP's

Instead of the bitching, get behind them, give them 100% support and maybe and hopefully Chris can emulate that magnificent British GP win and Scott can find that bit more and establish himself as a top 8 GP rider.

Whether you like it or not-they are in it now, so LETS ALL GET BEHIND THEM TOGETHER

agree 100 percent. I am not a nicholls fan but was cheering him on at cardiff.,As you say get behind them both and all the best to the pair of them. :rolleyes:B)

It's blatently obvious in all walks of life that one mans meat is another mans poison.

This could certainly be said of both Scott Nicholls and Chris Harris. I personally prefer Scott to Bomber, but that said I will be behind BOTH of them 100% for the coming GP's

Instead of the bitching, get behind them, give them 100% support and maybe and hopefully Chris can emulate that magnificent British GP win and Scott can find that bit more and establish himself as a top 8 GP rider.

Whether you like it or not-they are in it now, so LETS ALL GET BEHIND THEM TOGETHER

So you are saying that, on this discussion forum, we are only allowed to post favourable comments about these two men? Even the much maligned Health and Safety Executive have not dared to restrict our freedom to comment, favourably or otherwise, on any rider be he a World Champion or one with all the potential to become an abysmal second-half failure.

Within the law of the land and the rules and guidelines of the forum I will continue to express myself, with all due courtesy, on any subject raised for discussion.

I'll support them both, just as I would any rider who is British and in the GP's or riders I like (Bomber happens to fit into both categories) but that doesn't mean I am not allowed to be shocked at his inclusion in the GP's. Sadly, Bomber nomination does nothing to silence those who claim the GP's are unfair and it's not talents that gets you in but money/Nationality.

The GP series should be the top 15 in the World (I know there some arguments about who that is and sadly, 2 non-top 15 riders qualified in the Qualifiers, so the top 13 is the best that can be achieved now), Chris doesn't, sadly, fit into that bracket base don the last 12 months performances. I'm not sure why people think Puk should be in either TBH, I think he has peaked. Zagar or Holder should have Harris' place IMO.

That said, as I said in the beginning, I'll be supporting Bomber this season. I'll probably get to 2 GP's in 2008 and both time I'll be wearing my Chris Harris shirt and supporting him over everyone else, know he can prove us all wrong.

They have my full backing when i go to gps next season but that still doesnt explain how Harris somehow got in via the back door for next seasons gps.

Edited by speedy den boy

They have my full backing when i go to gps next season but that still doesnt explain how Harris somehow got in via the back door for next seasons gps.

Have you not read the other threads on this subject .................. SKY!

Nicholls is by far the best rider we have at present , but is a bit of an enigma . There are times when he looks more than capable of living with the likes Nicki Pedersen and Jason Crump , but unfortunately he can't sustain it and reverts back to mediocrity all too often . Harris , apart from that freak night at Cardiff , has looked hopelessly out of his depth in GP's and how he has obtained a wildcard for next year is beyond me .

I would like to see both of them do well , but i'm afraid you can only see them languishing down in about 10th and 11th places or thereabouts once again .

Nicholls is by far the best rider we have at present , but is a bit of an enigma . There are times when he looks more than capable of living with the likes Nicki Pedersen and Jason Crump , but unfortunately he can't sustain it and reverts back to mediocrity all too often . Harris , apart from that freak night at Cardiff , has looked hopelessly out of his depth in GP's and how he has obtained a wildcard for next year is beyond me .

I would like to see both of them do well , but i'm afraid you can only see them languishing down in about 10th and 11th places or thereabouts once again .

Yes i agree there and also think they wont be much higher then that, unfortunately

I agrre with scb.I like Scott a lot and think he should be in.Obviously scb has seen Harris more than me,but at his best he is a good exciting rider.Just don't think he deserves to be in next year.But once the GPs come around i will be hoping he does well.No-one is going to tell me that i shouldn't post my thoughts on a forum.Problem is a lot of people fail to understand what is posted and jump to conclusions,usually wrong ones :neutral:

I'll back pretty much any brit in the GP's.... im pretty sure any patriotic brit would also!

However Harris really dosen't deserve to be there... none the less ill still cheer bomber on... :rolleyes:

echo some of those comments but well p****d off that nicholls is in again always seems to get a wildcard whereveer he finishes in the standings , can imagine some riders who have not got a wildcard resign themselves to the fact that nicholls will get a wildcard !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It would be very interesting this time next year if Nicholls and Harris finished say 13th and 14th and none of the Brits got thro' the qualifier.

What would the promoters do then? Probably (hard faced) stick 'em back in.

Neither of these two are good enough for the GP series, and their appearances in it should be restricted to Cardiff as wild cards. Imo.

It's ridiculous that a rider like Holder is ignored to make way for these serial failures.

Yes, true to say that many speedway fans are very fickle - they would sooner cheer a foreign rider who happens to ride for their team than a Brit who doesn't. Shame that as a nation we don't inspire the sort of loyal following we deserve to get our country back on track, but then we don't get the support from the BSPA either. :neutral:

Neither of these two are good enough for the GP series, and their appearances in it should be restricted to Cardiff as wild cards. Imo.

It's ridiculous that a rider like Holder is ignored to make way for these serial failures.

Although Holder failed to qualify.

I have no problem with Scotts inclusion as a WC but this must be his last one. If he doesn't qualify by right next season then that should be it.

Harris' selection has me baffled, although a descision clearly made not on the basis of talent/ability it beggars belief.

Niels, Hampel, Zagar all would IMO have been better choices.