British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

European Hotel Prices

I have been checking out hotels in Prague and Copenhagen in readiness for gp trips, and the prices seem to have gone through the roof ! ! I know the pound is really struggling against the euro at present - can this be the only reason for these ridiculous prices ?

I have been checking out hotels in Prague and Copenhagen in readiness for gp trips, and the prices seem to have gone through the roof ! ! I know the pound is really struggling against the euro at present - can this be the only reason for these ridiculous prices ?

Basically, yes. I sold my car today to a guy form Holland, he is ecstatic as he has got himself a bargain and I'm pleased because I got a good deal. All because the Pound to Euro rate is so weak. It's great if you have something to sell :D

could i sell the wife over their.would accept a couple of quid and a bar of cadburys hazelnut

could i sell the wife over their.would accept a couple of quid and a bar of cadburys hazelnut

Id be happy with just the cadburys hazelnut bar :P

can this be the only reason for these ridiculous prices ?

No. Hotel prices have gone through the roof in the past couple of years, for whatever reason. I suspect it's the reliance on Internet booking sites that tends to focus interest on a relative handful of hotels in each city, which basically means if a hotel is not listed, they lose out.

With respect to Prague, it's still a relatively cheap place off the beaten track, but it's increasingly becoming a ripoff place. Copenhagen was always expensive from what I remember.

Firstly, the Czech Republic and Denmark don't use the Euro.

Prague is nowhere near expensive. It's just not as ridiculously cheap as it used to be. I'm sure the cost is still creaping up, but as of this past summer you could still get drunk for a fraction of the cost over here. :lol:

The whole of Scandinavia is relatively expensive. I went to Sweden and Denmark 5 and 4 years ago, respectively. Even back then it was the best part of £2 for a 500ml bottle of Coke/Pepsi etc (and I paid £6 for a single rum (local not international brand) and coke). That's just an everyday example.

Check out this site : http://www.hotelclub.net

I am going to Prague from January 9th to 12th, and booked the "Hotel Golf" through "Hotel Club" a couple of months ago, for £16.80 a night for a Single Room with all mod cons ! :lol:

The Hotel Golf website is here - http://www.hotel-golf.cz, and it looks a decent place, certainly for less than £17 a night ! Yes, its a little way out of town in Prague 5, but there is tram stop called "Hotel Golf" right outside the hotel...

Just checked, and the current price is £18 a night, but you MUST book through Hotel Club to get these prices.

Hotel Club offer rooms in just about every country too, not just the Czech Republic

Check out this site : http://www.hotelclub.net

I am going to Prague from January 9th to 12th, and booked the "Hotel Golf" through "Hotel Club" a couple of months ago, for £16.80 a night for a Single Room with all mod cons ! :lol:

The Hotel Golf website is here - http://www.hotel-golf.cz, and it looks a decent place, certainly for less than £17 a night ! Yes, its a little way out of town in Prague 5, but there is tram stop called "Hotel Golf" right outside the hotel...

Just checked, and the current price is £18 a night, but you MUST book through Hotel Club to get these prices.

Hotel Club offer rooms in just about every country too, not just the Czech Republic

Thanks for info have used www.booking.com in past but these look a lot cheaper with a fair amount of choice

Go to the site www,quidco.com and book hotels abroad with the holiday companies like hotel.com and save another 8% on average. They do holidays all over Europe,Electrical goods, bookies account all with discounts. It cost £5 to join but you do not pay anything as he comes off your first discount.

Prices of the Czech GP tickets are a joke anyway :unsure: