British Speedway Forum

Still looking for a texter....anyone?

I'm amazed at the lack of publicity in the Swindon Evening Advertiser for this event - there should have been full page spreads for the last two Saturdays & a four day countdown with pen pictures & interviews - what's up with Swindon's "Promotion"?

Darren - there's an 8 page pullout on the new season in today's edition.

Bad form about Troy, Jarek and Emil all dropping out. What on earth does the weather in Poland have to do with anything? It's set fair now for Sunday in Blunsdon, so that's the important thing. :)

That cursed Silver Bee had me all excited about Renat filling one of the new spots when he said that I'd be pleased with the replacement. All respect to Jimmy, but he's no match for the Gaffer when it comes to thrills and spills! :D

I wonder if Mr Sajfutdinov will make it to Poole next week instead, as I see his name is down for Bjarne's big night. :unsure:

I'm sure lots of fans will be doing two in a day for the opening meetings of 2009 with Newport at 1pm then Swindon at 6pm

Edited by Main Man

I'm sure lots of fans will be doing two in a day for the opening meetings of 2009 with Newport at 1pm then Swindon at 6pm

That depends on how much more the Swindon line up changes in the next 48hrs.

Here's hoping - Not a lot!!! :lol:

Edited by Sandie

But no mention of Sunday's line-up!!!

Given that it was to be the best line-up in the country this year it deserved better coverage & just might have attracted new fans to see Pedersen & Sajfutdinov etc.

The 8 page pull-out for the new season should have been a separate thing next week.

Disappointing.

Bad form about Troy, Jarek and Emil all dropping out. What on earth does the weather in Poland have to do with anything? It's set fair now for Sunday in Blunsdon, so that's the important thing. :)

That cursed Silver Bee had me all excited about Renat filling one of the new spots when he said that I'd be pleased with the replacement. All respect to Jimmy, but he's no match for the Gaffer when it comes to thrills and spills! :D

I wonder if Mr Sajfutdinov will make it to Poole next week instead, as I see his name is down for Bjarne's big night. :unsure:

This is from Mateusz a few days ago.....

"Sayfutdinov got Polish citizenship today He'll be representing Russia in SGP and riding as a Russian in Ekstraliga though. Polish citizenship was needed to end massive problems he usually had with getting visas to travel between Russia and Poland/EU. Due to those problem Emil won't ride in Swindon and Poole in March. In a couple of weeks he should get his Polish ID and passport and then such problems won't happen again. "

So it would appear no....

So he'll be in the Polish World Cup team I suppose!

Still looking for a texter...getting to desperation stakes now!

Anyone?

Thanks

Ben Barker?? or an approach for Tai? as the last rider....pity that Travis already down for the good cause at Ozchem!

and i was going to suggest Jason Doyle from the Newport line-up to see he has to PRACTICE in Poland and has pulled out - with rumours of reduced payments for appearing in Poland this year perhaps certain riders should think twice before 'allowing' themselves to be pulled out of actual meetings in the UK! Was Hampel 'ordered' to ride in Poland or just another usual excuse!!

Could always appraoch Matej Zagar for the last spot.......

So, as I see it, it is now:-

Charlie Gjedde

Jurica Pavlic

Chris Harris

Niels-Kristian Iversen

Leigh Adams

Chris Holder

Kenneth Bjerre

Krzysztof Kasprzak

Lee Richardson

Nicki Pedersen

Simon Stead

Antonio Lindback

Mads Korneliussen

James Wright

Ryan Fisher

& ............................

17 Gathercole

18 Sweetman

OUT

Emil Sajfutdinov

Troy Batchelor

Jarek Hampel

And Nicolai Klindt in according to the Swindon website.

But no mention of Sunday's line-up!!! Given that it was to be the best line-up in the country this year it deserved better coverage & just might have attracted new fans to see Pedersen & Sajfutdinov etc.

Must confess that I haven't read it yet, but I'll be surprised if there isn't a plug somewhere. :unsure:

And Nicolai Klindt in according to the Swindon website.

Indeed. Revised draw as follows:

See here

The Sajfutdinov visa issue is a fiasco - why didn't the Promotion get on the case in December & call their MP in Jan?

From the Swindon website:

"Emil’s situation is a little different, in that he also was expected to surrender his passport for up to 3 weeks while his visa application was considered. However, more importantly he has been advised that he would be required to do this every time he wished to visit the U.K.

Given his ongoing riding commitments he was unable to do this and in order to prevent a repeat of this problem we are led to believe that he has now applied for citizenship in Poland."

How has any visa rider ever managed to ride in the Cardiff GP if he has to give up his passport for three weeks?

Edited by DarrenCook

Still desperately looking for a texter for this...anyone?