British Speedway Forum

Yes, who was? :blink:

It's a stupid way of doing it. Adams ended up better off by Lindback making him look like he was riding a 50cc and it shouldn't happen like that. How difficult is it to copy the GP format really? :rolleyes:

Your theory is flawed because you have personalised it. Nobody was favoured, except by the consequence of their finishing position.

Your theory is flawed because you have personalised it. Nobody was favoured, except by the consequence of their finishing position.

No my theory is not flawed. Adams is the example of the one who happened to get 'lucky' by having a dodgy semi final system. I'll use 'rider x' rather than Adams if you'd prefer. :rolleyes:

No my theory is not flawed. Adams is the example of the one who happened to get 'lucky' by having a dodgy semi final system. I'll use 'rider x' rather than Adams if you'd prefer. :rolleyes:

So he got lucky. If it hadn't have been Adams, on his own track, and going on to win you wouldn't be bleating about it now.

The referee was Mr M Posslewhite. :neutral:

I agree that it was a slightly flawed system, but it was a season opener, not the World Championship decider! Lindback made his mark on all that were present irrespective of the placings in the final, and the vast majority of the fans saw their club's record ever scorer win its celebration of 60 years of racing. Quite appropriate, don't you think? :approve:

The club have issued an apology over the programmes fiasco and confirmed that they will be available at the track on Thursday or via mail order. Details here:

60th Anniversary Programmes

So he got lucky. If it hadn't have been Adams, on his own track, and going on to win you wouldn't be bleating about it now.

I'm pretty sure I would, actually.

Incidentally, I watched the concluding heats with the Bees contingent last night, and the last time I heard so much moaning was the night that the annual Valentine's Disco at Minety Village Hall got a little bit out of hand. I must have been about 17. Happy days! :D

Edited by Seb the Snail

Incidentally, I watched the concluding heats with the Bees contingent last night, and the last time I heard so much moaning was the night that the annual Valentine's Disco at Minety Village Hall got a little bit out of hand. I must have been about 17. Happy days! :D

I'm pleased our whinging brings as much happiness to others as it does us :approve::P

Anyone know if there's a link to any photo's of the meeting?

Yep, last night I realised I had missed the comedy commentary during the close season :lol:

Well I for one had a lovely evening!

The off season is SOOOOOO long......

Lovely to see the old riders there and the old bikes (insert joke here)

Topped off by a superb Clean move in the final and a fantastic firework display (can we have these every week MR?)

Just want to make a plea to anyone who "does" the Robins web site - can we have the 2009 fixture list up please? Cos I want to print it off and stick on my office wall so all my staff know whether to be careful or not around the boss on a Friday after I've written the results in....

I'm trying to eductae them I am - but the only team they all seem to know is the Pirates :cry:

Gary & Terry - thanks for a lovely season opener, twas much appreciated after 5 long months of cold turkey....

:wub:

Well I for one had a lovely evening!

The off season is SOOOOOO long......

Lovely to see the old riders there and the old bikes (insert joke here)

Topped off by a superb Clean move in the final and a fantastic firework display (can we have these every week MR?)

Just want to make a plea to anyone who "does" the Robins web site - can we have the 2009 fixture list up please? Cos I want to print it off and stick on my office wall so all my staff know whether to be careful or not around the boss on a Friday after I've written the results in....

I'm trying to eductae them I am - but the only team they all seem to know is the Pirates :cry:

Gary & Terry - thanks for a lovely season opener, twas much appreciated after 5 long months of cold turkey....

:wub:

Wow! Either we are on sky a lot or our promoters are doing their jobs right! :wink:

I do live in Southampton - so whenever speedway is in the news down here - its only EVER for Poole!!

Case in point - South Today (BBC TV) didn't run one story on speedway all year until Poole were in the play offs and then had outside broadcasts, the works, item went on for about 10 minutes and they did it both weeks!!

When Poole didn't win the Cup the week after - they virtually just said "poole lost" at the end of the nights broadcast!!!

fickle the media, ain't they?

Poole are a much bigger name than we are - but maybe us little Robins can get a bit of press if everything goes to plan this year.... :wink:

I do live in Southampton - so whenever speedway is in the news down here - its only EVER for Poole!!

Case in point - South Today (BBC TV) didn't run one story on speedway all year until Poole were in the play offs and then had outside broadcasts, the works, item went on for about 10 minutes and they did it both weeks!!

When Poole didn't win the Cup the week after - they virtually just said "poole lost" at the end of the nights broadcast!!!

fickle the media, ain't they?

Poole are a much bigger name than we are - but maybe us little Robins can get a bit of press if everything goes to plan this year.... :wink:

I'm glad thats all they said........didn't wanna hear it after eastbourne beat us! The less said the better! :lol:

TBF when reading were in the elite they did a few bits on them, find meridian on itv is a lot better!

I'm glad thats all they said........didn't wanna hear it after eastbourne beat us! The less said the better! :lol:

TBF when reading were in the elite they did a few bits on them, find meridian on itv is a lot better!

Obviously didn't watch Meridian tonight then. Concentrated on P**pey and mentioned a 60th Anniversary Meeting at Swindon yesterday and that was it. At least South Today were at Poole today for P & P and glad to see they gave coverage to the Buccaneers too :approve:

Have to say I couldn't believe how much weight Shaggy has lost :shock:

Obviously didn't watch Meridian tonight then. Concentrated on P**pey and mentioned a 60th Anniversary Meeting at Swindon yesterday and that was it. At least South Today were at Poole today for P & P and glad to see they gave coverage to the Buccaneers too :approve:

Have to say I couldn't believe how much weight Shaggy has lost :shock:

No, didn't see meridian tonight got home after half 6 so watched south today and they did do good coverage from p+p, maybe meridian are gonna do it tomorrow :unsure:

Yes i agree with you about joe, glad he had his zebra stripes on his bike otherwise i wouldn't have recognised him!