British Speedway Forum
tanya

The Prince Of Wales Trophy - Newport 15/03

A good day spoilt by the injuries to Wato and Doyle,hope both of them can recover quickly.

Nice to see so many people at Newport today.

And extremely nice of Moose to invite himself to my house for his Sunday roast :lol:

Great day until Heat 13.

Gutted for Wato. He was flying out of the starts, too.

Here's wishing Craig and Doyley speedy recoveries.

Well done Kevin :D , luck forward to seeing you in that blue and white rce jacket!

Very sad news with the injuries :cry:

Had an awful view of Watos crash looking straight down the backstraight. Horrible. I don't think I've ever seen a worse one actually despite it 'only' being a broken leg. Shocking stuff.

I really feel for the Mallets. It was a terrible meeting on an awfully slick track, they've lost the new 'Mr. Newport Speedway' before the season has begun and any of the old fans they've got back in must be wondering 'why did we bother?' It just went on and on and on through no real fault of theres :( I hope they give them a chance to get it right down there and don't give up on the place after today.

Not much to report racing wise as not a lot happened. Wato was looking very very sharp out the gate before his crash, and whilst not 'fast' certainly knew where he had to put the bike. Barker looked the quickest in the final but the track was a joke by that point. By trying to pass the leader he ended up losing second and then while trying tog et 2nd back almost threw away third too.

Best wishes to Wato, and to Doyle who also looked to be rather uncomfortable.

Best wishes to the 2 Aussie lads, speedy recoveries... strange Mads and Klindt seemed o.k. at Blunsdon a few hours later??!!

Edited by keef

What is it with some people? Wato was on the floor in clearly a bad way and people still felt the need to go and gawp at him over the fence and some twit on the 2nd bend felt the need to take photos. I hope none of those people end up in a similar situation but if I do, I hope they have a laod of people trying to get as close as possible to have a good look and see how rubbish it makes them feel, have a bit of respect people.

SB summed thing up well IMO, great shame for the Mallets things just didn't work out yesterday but not through any lack of effort on their part.

I was so pleased yesterday watching Wato, he was showing more effort and fight that I had seen him do all last season, even Silver Bee was cheering for him in one race, then he crashed :(

Best wishes to Wato and Jason.

What a shame such “new” light in British Speedway, was completely diminished by an abysmal track.

I don’t profess to be capable of laying and maintaining a Speedway track, but EVEN I know you actually have to have some shale to begin with!

Perhaps someone more knowledgeable than I, can explain what’s the objective of watering the exposed concrete [?] base?

Reminded me of the NEC Indoor racing!

I don’t think the track needs “extensive work”, just some shale and a considered preparation, would probably be suffice.

They can start by sacking Colin Meredith, can anyone make a track slicker?

Gawd they haven't got Colin Meredith doing the track every week have they? :shock:

What is it with some people? Wato was on the floor in clearly a bad way and people still felt the need to go and gawp at him over the fence and some twit on the 2nd bend felt the need to take photos. I hope none of those people end up in a similar situation but if I do, I hope they have a laod of people trying to get as close as possible to have a good look and see how rubbish it makes them feel, have a bit of respect people.

SB summed thing up well IMO, great shame for the Mallets things just didn't work out yesterday but not through any lack of effort on their part.

I was so pleased yesterday watching Wato, he was showing more effort and fight that I had seen him do all last season, even Silver Bee was cheering for him in one race, then he crashed :(

Best wishes to Wato and Jason.

SCB - you havent mentioned that on points only - Wato actually came third in the meeting and in GP fashion should have been in the final (GP's dont allow for the next person in the scores to replace an injured rider) and as such is the rightful 4th place on the day.

And for those that dont see the good side in SCB - he walked around to where we were standing at Newport as his original line of view was directly in front of the incident and it was too much for him to stand there and witness.

And remember that Craig Watson - is his favourite of favourites!!! :cry:

Absolutely gutted to hear about the injuries, was hoping to log on here and see better news. Our thoughts and prayers are with those injured, their family and friends at this time.

Didn't I read in the ' Star ' not long ago that Jordan Frampton had been practising on the ' new ' Newport track and pronounced it really good, and didn't it also say that a lot of new shale had been brought in ???

By the sound of the previous posts in this thread, the track was as bare and dusty as it always was before. It is the only track I have been to in 40-odd years where I've seen several riders

' high side ' off their bikes because there was no shale to keep them up when turning the bike in the corners.

I am as keen as anyone else that Newport make a success of their new era, but it seems there is work to do ( to paraphrase a certain TV commentator ! ).

Very best wishes to Jason and Craig. Wato was always one of favourite guests for Falcons, home or away.