British Speedway Forum
tanya

The Prince Of Wales Trophy - Newport 15/03

To be fair, when relaying a track, you can't just dump shale on the top of it of that will become ripply, then as the tractor drives over the ripples the grader will dig in causing a bigger runt, that then obviously causes the same to happen again only bigger and so on.... The base and small amount of shale needs to bed in, then more dirt can be applied over time. That said, while Colin Meredith is there, it's not going to improve greatly even when the track has settled down.

To be fair, when relaying a track, you can't just dump shale on the top of it of that will become ripply, then as the tractor drives over the ripples the grader will dig in causing a bigger runt, that then obviously causes the same to happen again only bigger and so on.... The base and small amount of shale needs to bed in, then more dirt can be applied over time. That said, while Colin Meredith is there, it's not going to improve greatly even when the track has settled down.

The racing is going to be really 'interesting' if they are going to have runts on the track :blink:

A huge amount of work has taken place to the track and they have put on loads of new shale as someone said it's a new track and it will take time to bed in. It couldn't of been that bad because Mads Korneliussen recorded a time of just over 59 seconds. Ben Barker was riding his guts out to pass people.

will get better over time, was hardly going to be awesome on its first meeting.

interesting to read on newport fan forum that craig watson has had a successful operation, he is up and about walking and said he will ride again this year! what a man.

will get better over time, was hardly going to be awesome on its first meeting.

interesting to read on newport fan forum that craig watson has had a successful operation, he is up and about walking and said he will ride again this year! what a man.

Craig did have a succesfull operation tho as for up and walikng that is not the ase, doctors have said within 2 weeks should up and about, he has a rod down his femur so as for riding this year think we will have to wait on that decision from Craig himself.

Oh and i will slow down in the mic next week and the pa should be more user friendly to thanks for the feedback.

Oh and i will slow down in the mic next week and the pa should be more user friendly to thanks for the feedback.

It was good to have a presenter on the centre green, something that's been missing at Newport in previous seasons. I liked to hear interviews with the riders as the meeting is in progress, but could you please hold the microphone closer to the interviewee so that it's easier to hear what's being said. I could hear the questions but not the responses. Hopefully the PA will be sorted for next week so we can hear loud and clear. Keep up the good work!

Edited by rob

Very surprised that it took 2 laps before the tractors stopped going round in the interval.I wouldn't like to be the one explaining the cock-up if something had gone wrong.

Very surprised that it took 2 laps before the tractors stopped going round in the interval.I wouldn't like to be the one explaining the cock-up if something had gone wrong.

We said the same.

But Im sure these sort of 'school boy errors' wont happen again.

I know it would have been different if one of the girls had been hit, but they werent and Im sure that situation will not be repeated.

However - I was impressed with the way the tractor managed to stop on the back straight when he realised that the 1 minute silence had started!

Not seen a tractor do a handbrake stop before!!

Craig did have a succesfull operation tho as for up and walikng that is not the ase, doctors have said within 2 weeks should up and about, he has a rod down his femur so as for riding this year think we will have to wait on that decision from Craig himself.

Don't give up hope. Remember Kyle Legault last year. He had a rod down his thigh bone, and was racing again by July.

They can start by sacking Colin Meredith, can anyone make a track slicker?

Give the job to SCB who obviously knows more on the subject than anyone else!

Don't give up hope. Remember Kyle Legault last year. He had a rod down his thigh bone, and was racing again by July.

.........not to forget Kenneth Bjerre..........fingers firmly crossed.

im wasnt giving up hope, its not the first big break Wato has had, i think the decision if he is fit to ride should and will be made from him. He however seems keen to get back as soon as he can, given that the injury heals as expected this will be clear in a few weeks

Give the job to SCB who obviously knows more on the subject than anyone else!
I don't claim to know more about track preparation, I do claim to know that Colin Meredith is a ceater of slick tracks. Can you dispute that?