British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Phil

Speedway Riders' Benevolent Fund Meeting 29/03

SRBF chief Paul Ackroyd has specifically requested the March 29 meeting to be held at Owlerton as he is a big fan of the venue and took note of the bumper crowd at September's Premier League Riders' Championship.

The benevolent fund is there for riders who miss racing because of injury – and to this day it still benefits some riders who are paralysed from their racing career.

Said Sheffield promoter Neil Machin: "It will take place at a time when riders are wanting to sharpen up for the season. We're already getting indications that some big names will do it."

Ben Barker (Coventry), Daniel King (Ipswich), Edward Kennett (?????)

Leigh Adams Simon Stead & Jason Lyons

Ben Barker (Coventry), Daniel King (Ipswich), Edward Kennett (?????)

Leigh Adams Simon Stead & Jason Lyons

And Jason Crump.

Freddie Lindgren and Tai Woffinden now added.

For anyone who hasn't seen these 2 around Owlerton, you are in for a treat, 2 great additions to the line-up.

I'm hoping to make this meeting as well as the Ozchem Classic so i should be up Sheffield quite a lot in March!

The line up is looking good and it should be a great meeting with hopefully lots of money raised for the SRBF :)

im expecting that track record to have been pushed about a few times as well :unsure:

funny you should say that, as any meeting at Sheffield involving top riders then the TR gets brought up...and how often is it broke? Bunyan missed it by 0.1 in PLRC and nobody went anywhere near it for the other 21 heats

Crumpy will smash it!

Doubt it... one of the first meetings of the season, on a track that he's ridden on only a few times (and not since Sean's Cracker to my knowledge), probably freezing conditions, and on a track that will have been prepared to ensure that the meeting is on rather than for speed. Anybody involved in the Ozchem meeting might stand more of a chance - but even then I would say it would be very unlikely to be broken

Looking a very strong line-up, hope the weather is kind. Adam Roynon is now confirmed to race in the meeting.