British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Phil

Speedway Riders' Benevolent Fund Meeting 29/03

There has been a late change to the Ben Fund Bonanza lineup, bring in Eastbourne’s Australian star DAVEY WATT to replace Simon Stead, who is required to race in Poland on Sunday.

BEN FUND BONANZA, OWLERTON STADIUM SHEFFIELD, SUNDAY 29th MARCH, 3.30PM. 16 RIDERS, 20 HEATS. ADMISSIONS £15 (ADULTS), £10 (OAPs), £5 (UNDER 16s). GATES OPEN 1:30PM.

Full Field: KEVIN DOOLAN, RICKY ASHWORTH, ANDRE COMPTON, SCOTT NICHOLLS, JASON CRUMP, LEIGH ADAMS, FREDDIE LINDGREN, TAI WOFFINDEN, DAVEY WATT, BEN BARKER, EDDIE KENNETT, JASON LYONS, KAUKO NIEMINEN, TOMASZ PISZCZ, FILIP SITERA, RICHARD HALL. Reserve JOSH AUTY.

Don't like Watt but that's no bad thing. If I was Stead I'd be telling Poland to get stuffed for a meeting like this, but each to their own and I don't know the circumstances.

Hmmm. Seeing Stead round Owlerton again was one of the reasons I was thinking of going. Not so sure now, although might still be worth it with Adams and Crump there. Oh, what to do?

Hmmm. Seeing Stead round Owlerton again was one of the reasons I was thinking of going. Not so sure now, although might still be worth it with Adams and Crump there. Oh, what to do?

I know , watching Steady around Owlerton is a joy. Obviously not very often these days and was looking forward to him .

Will still be there tho' - Good cause and also a nice array of riders for us Premier League watches that dont see these too very often.

why did they announce Chris Harris on Sunday? :rolleyes:

There has been a late change to the Ben Fund Bonanza lineup, bring in Eastbourne’s Australian star DAVEY WATT to replace Simon Stead, who is required to race in Poland on Sunday.

Only just been announced i knew this about a week ago.

Shame Simon will not be there as he is a joy to watch around Sheffield, Davey Watt should be a worthy replacement though.

Shame Simon will not be there as he is a joy to watch around Sheffield, Davey Watt should be a worthy replacement though.

My thoughts exactly. :)

Davey was one of the few who beat Sean Wilson round Owlerton (during the PL era) so should be a good replacement

By beat i mean Sean didn't fall, EF, etc

Which reminds me, i'd love to see Charlie Gjedde at Sheffield again. When he came in PL he beat Sean twice from 3 meets, the one he lost he EF'd on bend 3, lap 4 when leading!

I just wanted to put a note on the forum wishing everyone the best of luck with Sunday's meeting. Sadly I can't make it, but I sincerely hope a big crowd turns out for this more than worthy cause. Having read the pieces in this week's Star with Wilko Garry Stead and Lol Hare, I feel truly humbled and moved, that guys like them who've paid such a price to entertain us still bear no grudge towards the sport we all love.

I know it's an old chestnut, and I would never want to stifle debate and opinion on a forum like this, but maybe sometimes before people bicker and snipe at each other and at some riders we could stop and remember what these guys risk to entertain us and keep our great sport alive. End of sermon maybe I'm turning into the priest my mum would have loved me to be !!!

PS: Can i resist the lure of King's Lynn/Ipswich and wait for the mighty Bog Moggies to start on April 12th could be difficult starting to twitch a bit ..... !!!

Edited by DEEG

Is it under 12s get in free? All i can find is under 16s £5

A friend from work who hasn't been to speedway in years is hoping to go with her husband and 2 kids but the price is off putting

Don't like Watt but that's no bad thing. If I was Stead I'd be telling Poland to get stuffed for a meeting like this, but each to their own and I don't know the circumstances.

He might not have any choice in the matter - it could mean a future ban for all we know.

Hopefully it will be a good one for all concerned.

He might not have any choice in the matter - it could mean a future ban for all we know.

Hopefully it will be a good one for all concerned.

I have been told he either rides in this meeting for them or non at all :cry:

Edited by Sheff Tigers

Only 1 winner jason crump!. Has a fantastic record at owlerton staging back to his early years from 1993 B)