British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Phil

Speedway Riders' Benevolent Fund Meeting 29/03

The reaction of the Sheffield fans about 3 feet away from the incident says all it has to

Ashworth is a thug on a bike, and a cowardly thug at that

Good to see there are some decent Sheffield fans who don't have there heads buried in the sand

Always a great support at Berwick :approve:

`

Ricky Ashworth is not a thug on a bike he is a decent hard working "ENGLIISH MAN " and no way is he a coward. I dont have my head in the sand and i will stand by Ricky anyday, you should pack it in now before this gets out of hand. Im looking forward to meeting you some day, for a little chat.

`

Ricky Ashworth is not a thug on a bike he is a decent hard working "ENGLIISH MAN " and no way is he a coward. I dont have my head in the sand and i will stand by Ricky anyday, you should pack it in now before this gets out of hand. Im looking forward to meeting you some day, for a little chat.

I will make sure to look out for you Silvio Berlusconi :lol:

I will make sure to look out for you Silvio Berlusconi :lol:

It really makes me wonder and to a point worrys me a little ( WJM ) just what kind of strange individual you in are ??? , some of your posts and comments towards Mr Ashworth really have nothing to do with speedway to class someone a thug because they come from Manchester ??? how narrow minded are you my auntie is from Manchester so i guess she,s a thug too.

To comment on a meeting you did,nt even attend ??? WHY??? when everybody else on this thread is commenting on what was a very good meeting for a very good cause ( BEN FUND ) what a pity you were not there to contribute with your hand in our pocket to the fund , like thousands from all over the country did that day to a sport they all clearly love . But no your way is to lower the tone of the thread with a 1 man vendetta against 1 rider from the comfort of your home hiding behind a code name and a computer screen .

I fear that if you carry on in this vein this could all blow up in your face as i already think you have over stepped the mark , but hey i guess you make your bed and you have to lie in it .

So give it a rest mate cos you really are boring me now

And finally to all the rest lets get back to what we do best on here and have some constructive debates about SPEEDWAY.

It really makes me wonder and to a point worrys me a little ( WJM ) just what kind of strange individual you in are ??? , some of your posts and comments towards Mr Ashworth really have nothing to do with speedway to class someone a thug because they come from Manchester ??? how narrow minded are you my auntie is from Manchester so i guess she,s a thug too.

To comment on a meeting you did,nt even attend ??? WHY??? when everybody else on this thread is commenting on what was a very good meeting for a very good cause ( BEN FUND ) what a pity you were not there to contribute with your hand in our pocket to the fund , like thousands from all over the country did that day to a sport they all clearly love . But no your way is to lower the tone of the thread with a 1 man vendetta against 1 rider from the comfort of your home hiding behind a code name and a computer screen .

I fear that if you carry on in this vein this could all blow up in your face as i already think you have over stepped the mark , but hey i guess you make your bed and you have to lie in it .

So give it a rest mate cos you really are boring me now

And finally to all the rest lets get back to what we do best on here and have some constructive debates about SPEEDWAY.

Spot on post. Couldn't have said it better myself

Couldn't agree with Fur Burger more.

Stereotyping isn't a trait that does anyone any favours.

This was an excellent meeting with a superb crowd & all we're happy on this thread :approve: until a few went & spoilt it all. :angry:

The thing about WJM, that you all have to learn is that with certain clubs he will jump on the bandwagon when ever says anything against that club, he will go on and on, until he has the last word, challenge him and he won't answer your question generally, if you do the same he will not shut up, in fact he should try a career in politics he would go far.

If you do what I do, ignore his comments most of the time then he might just go away quietly, but get into an agruement is not worth it.

First chance ive had to post on the meeting.

I enjoyed the day and think the idea of a regular meeting for the benevolent fund is a great idea, however my impression of the day was that it was WAY too long.

The flood of people leaving the minute the 2nd place result was announced bears out testimony that i wasnt the only one.

Nearly 3 hrs for a speedway meeting is , in my opinion, way too long.

I like the Sheffield track - its fast and can lead to some good racing. There were several heats that offered some heart stopping moments and was worth the admission fee alone.

However the padding of 4 extra races for the youngsters and the 3 old timers heats were too many in my opinion.

maybe the format needs tinkering a bit as some of the heats on Sunday were spread out and lacked much enthusiasm.

Good to see Briggo, freddie Williiams and Bert going round on bikes.

The injured riders present was exactly what the meeting was about - i thank each and every one for coming along.

Woffy was superb and always had the best reception on the terraces. What a pleasure, as a wolves fan, to watch this lad develop.

Adams as expected was classy along with crump.

Our freddie started well but faded a little.

Our UK number one Mr Nicholls, who has left England behind to better himself in the GP`s looked awful and either wasnt bothering or was completely outclassed. I think it was the later. Where as the likes of Crump will be challenging for the crown again - on this showing Nicholls will struggle to make the top ten. Anyway glad you have your priorities right Scott.

Watt was a little hit and miss.

Kennett was pretty poor

Barker was very impressive and his battle with Woff was superb.

Ashworth strutted his stuff as top Tiger

compton was very up and down given his tigers legend status.

Doolan did very little.

Sitera tried hard to impress.

also rans - nieminen, lyons and hall.

Special mention for Auty who should have been pointless in a field like this but battled away with reward, particularly in his last 2 heats.

Have to disagree, meeting was not too long and the blend of the two other formats of past and future made it for me

Have to disagree, meeting was not too long and the blend of the two other formats of past and future made it for me

its ok to disagree.

my opinion still stands tho.

I have 2 signed race jackets from this meeting for sale. They are Josh Auty's & Andre Compton's. I am looking for offers of £50 minimum & all proceeds will go to Speedway Riders Benevolent Fund.

Please pm me if you are interested.

Julie

I have placed the jacket worn by Barry Briggs to the Ben Fund Bonanza on Ebay under item no 360152371987.

All proceeds from this sale will go to Benevolent fund so please bid generously.