British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Phil

Speedway Riders' Benevolent Fund Meeting 29/03

Any news on who's replacing Mr. Roynon?

Not as yet, wonder what Nicki Pedersen is doing.

not at Sheffield

That seems a great shame when there are so many of them in the city :shock:

I shall be Cheering Compton on as i was last night :wink: it should be a good meeting for a good cause!

think i read somewhere Kevin Doolan would be replacing adam roynon

Very interesting, where did you read that, Kev would be a sensible replacement as he lives in Sheffield.

Is there a student rate?

I did notice the sign for the OAP gate had the letters NUS added to it yesterday so I assume thats for students .So bring your NUS card and get in for £10!

from www.speedwayworld.tv

DOOLAN IN FOR BEN

Aussie Kevin Doolan is the final name on the list of competitors for the Ben Fund Bonanza meeting at Sheffield on March 29.

The Workington rider has already made a great start to the season by winning the Prince of Wales Trophy at Newport on Sunday.

Many observers believe he will emerge as the top man in the Premier League this season.

Ben Fund meeting organiser Paul Ackroyd said: “We were looking for the best possible replacement for the injured Adam Roynon, and Kevin is the ideal choice.

"He was one of the riders who have been knocking at my door asking to be included so I am only too happy to have him involved.”

I did notice the sign for the OAP gate had the letters NUS added to it yesterday so I assume thats for students .So bring your NUS card and get in for £10!

Yep, that's what I did on the Ozchem meeting! Nice to have an advertised student rate!

Just time for one quick last bump: The OSSC & SOS passes for the Ben Fund Bonanza are still on eBay and currently going for only £41. Considering entry for four would be £60 and you'll be getting lunch and programmes thrown in, surely it's worth a look and a punt?

Bidding ends tomorrow evening and the money raised goes straight back to the SRBF. Thanks for your interest so far - lets see what we can raise!

Link to Auction - 4x Ben Fund Bonanza VIP Passes

Yep, that's what I did on the Ozchem meeting! Nice to have an advertised student rate!

Brill :D

Bidding has now ended on the VIP passes. On behalf of the Oxford Speedway Supporters Club and Save Oxford Speedway I'd like to thank everyone that put a bid in, we've been able to raise an extra £87 for the SRBF. We think that's a brilliant figure and we hope the lucky winner has a great time at teh Bonanza!

Heard there will be no stead or harris in this meeting due to commitment in poland or summot, is this true?????

Chris Harris was never in the line up, I don't know about Simon not heard that one.

they gave out Harris in the line up yesterday at the meeting :rolleyes: