British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
paul84

Premier League Pairs Somerset 26th June

With Workingtons record in the pairs, and the superb performance last season to take the title, heres hoping we have a repeat performance in 09, But itl be easier said then done.

I think the 2009 final will look something like this:-

Kevin Doolan & Adrian Rymel :approve: (Champions)

Jason Lyon & Tomasz Piszcz (If Piszcz can calm down and settle for a position,Brum could be in there!)

OR:-

Steve Johnstone & Cory Gathercole ( Although they are the home pairing it will be tough for them!)

Ryan Fisher & Thomas Jonasson (Think this could be Fishers year- and if Jonasson can make it..... :wink: then you never no)

As with everything else this in the Premier league this year itl be a hard one to call!

Edited by Stoney=Legend

With Workingtons record in the pairs, and the superb performance last season to take the title, heres hoping we have a repeat performance in 09, But itl be easier said then done.

I think the 2009 final will look something like this:-

Kevin Doolan & Adrian Rymel :approve: (Champions)

Jason Lyon & Tomasz Piszcz (If Piszcz can calm down and settle for a position,Brum could be in there!)

OR:-

Steve Johnstone & Cory Gathercole ( Although they are the home pairing it will be tough for them!)

Ryan Fisher & Thomas Jonasson (Think this could be Fishers year- and if Jonasson can make it..... :wink: then you never no)

As with everything else this in the Premier league this year itl be a hard one to call!

jonno & emil will more than likely the rebels pair !!!

Can see Cory having a good season for the Rebels, Time will tell...

I'd be quite hopeful about Jason Lyons and Tomasz Piszcz doing well. Whether they have enough in their tanks to win, I can hope for it, but you never know. My main concern is that they get to the end of June without injury. If they can do that, if the track is conducive to good racing, their machinery is dialed in, and the Lords of Kobal are on their side, then anything can happen.

Yes i think the same thoughts are in the Workington supporters minds after the amount of injuries we've had over the years! But Brum did get there fair share of bad luck last year!

Id like to think the Pairs line-up doesnt have any replacements in due to injury.

Injury Free Lyons & Piszcz could stir things up. but dont bank on our lads taking it easy :wink:

As a Workington fan started this thread - then obviously they fancy their chances of retaining the title . Maybe , maybe not - Doolan and Rymel are good riders , but not as good as Nermark and Neiminen .

Too early to start thinking about stuff like this though . What is the qualifying process for getting there - is it average based or the same silly method as last year ? Most teams have a decent heat-leader pairing this season , so really anyone is in with a chance .

Two things are certain however - it will be a cracking meeting on the best circuit in the country and you will have to leave home really early cause the M5 on a Friday teatime is a complete nightmare . We got in at Heat 6 in 2007 and how we made it for the start last season was nothing short of miraculous .

Ok i admit, of course i fancy our chances :wink: . But im not sure what the situation is on qualifying Paulco, i very much doubt the bspa no themselves yet lol!

Good to see you've already written the Pairing of Sundstrom & Hi Ho off

Deano really cant see HI HO been in the pairs SUNDSTROM maybe but bound to be NEATH and ALLEN.. :wink:

Too early to start thinking about stuff like this

Two things are certain however - it will be a cracking meeting on the best circuit in the country and you will have to leave home really early cause the M5 on a Friday teatime is a complete nightmare . We got in at Heat 6 in 2007 and how we made it for the start last season was nothing short of miraculous .

I second that Paulco.....this meeting is a full FIVE months away....far too early to predict who the pairings will be, let alone who will win....Birmingham fans will know how injuries can play a HUGE part in who will line up for the respective sides.....You can't blame Workington fans for getting a little over excited though, time will tell.

As for the journey down...I've done the trip a good few times now and it is horrendous IF you leave it late. Whenever I go to Somerset I try to leave my home in North London around 1.30pm, trying to clear the M5 south of Bristol by 4pm, before the worst of the traffic.....One year we even tried going through Bristol and taking the A38 all the way, but that was worse, especially when you get stuck behind a bleedin' caravan!!!

There's a Hungry Horse pub a couple of miles from the track on the road into Burnham where you can get a decent meal, that's not a bad place to spend a couple of hours should you decide to miss the worst of the traffic and get there early ;)

Edited by Shadders

As for the journey down...I've done the trip a good few times now and it is horrendous IF you leave it late. Whenever I go to Somerset I try to leave my home in North London around 1.30pm, trying to clear the M5 south of Bristol by 4pm, before the worst of the traffic.....One year we even tried going through Bristol and taking the A38 all the way, but that was worse, especially when you get stuck behind a bleedin' caravan!!!

I know it means going a bit further round ther M25 car park, but you could always try the M3/A303 option, and then cut across Glastonbury & the Somerset levels to the OTA, it's sometimes a better bet, and it's the route we use when we come up to Hoddesdon

I know it means going a bit further round ther M25 car park, but you could always try the M3/A303 option, and then cut across Glastonbury & the Somerset levels to the OTA, it's sometimes a better bet, and it's the route we use when we come up to Hoddesdon

That's only a couple of miles further than the M4/M5 route I usually take...hmmmmmm...I may try that this year if and when I come down to the OTA, even for a change of scenery.

I'm still wary of single carriage roads though, especially at that time of the year with the dreaded caravans to contend with.....it still doesn't address the problem for those coming down the M5 from the Midlands though. The only option is to leave early in that case.....I won't be attending unfortunately as my budget doesn't extend to two meetings over the GP weekend.

I s'pose anyone worried about being late for the meeting could travel down on Thursday and stay at your place ;)

there is a cracking pub near the track. As you come off the m5 for burnham you come to the roundabout where you turn left for the track if you go right at the roundabout there is a cracking boozer there called the fox and goose. Nice food and drink with a skittle alley to boot. Also attached to the pub is a hotel called the brent knoll lodge

Edited by Dracula

there is a cracking pub near the track. As you come off the m5 for burnham you come to the roundabout where you turn left for the track if you go right at the roundabout there is a cracking boozer there called the fox and goose. Nice food and drink with a skittle alley to boot. Also attached to the pub is a hotel called the brent knoll lodge

:shock: They will probably open the CLUBHOUSE early for those who get there early. Well lets hope so. :rolleyes: