British Speedway Forum
paul84

The 2009 Premier League Riders' Championship

I do and will continue to do so until these events are held at neutral tracks.

Would love to hand my money over to speedway and what I could have spent at Sheffield for the PLRC and Workington for the 4TTT is burning a massive hole in my pocket but I won't give it away to the short sighted custodians of the so called 'Super 7'.

Fair enough, the minute Ricky crossed the line to win, I knew we were going to get these types of comments,so god only knows why get myself into these types of arguements. I take peoples point about neutral tracks, but at the end of the day it appears that when it is held at Sheffield more people turn up for the meeting than they did do at the last neutral track, and at the end of the day the BSPA want to make the money.

I still don't agree with the home track advantage though, the meeting was a straight 20 heats the winner is the rider with the most points then yes I think that there might be a point,but winner is decided by one race the final,and you could have been the top man in the meeting and still lost.

Ricky didnt put the meeting at Sheffield did he?He was represting his club in a meeting which happened to be on his own track so nobody can take his victory away from him, he beat what was in front of him and was the best on the night so is PLRC 2009.

People will always winge.

Well done RA.

So for one race in the whole meeting, the home track advantage dissapeared?

In one race anything can happen.

Of course, but the home advantage is still there.

In the final race he dropped the clutch first, is that helped by him being on his own track? The all he needed to do was get his head down.

Fair enough, the minute Ricky crossed the line to win, I knew we were going to get these types of comments,so god only knows why get myself into these types of arguements. I take peoples point about neutral tracks, but at the end of the day it appears that when it is held at Sheffield more people turn up for the meeting than they did do at the last neutral track, and at the end of the day the BSPA want to make the money.

I still don't agree with the home track advantage though, the meeting was a straight 20 heats the winner is the rider with the most points then yes I think that there might be a point,but winner is decided by one race the final,and you could have been the top man in the meeting and still lost.

The organisers of the super 7 events will have seen the size of the crowd at Sheffield on Sunday , and that will mean Sheffield stays as the home of the PLRC for years to come - and rightly so .

The organisers of the super 7 events will have seen the size of the crowd at Sheffield on Sunday , and that will mean Sheffield stays as the home of the PLRC for years to come - and rightly so .

Spoken like a true Tiger :wink:

I'm going to keep pushing this side of the argument until one of these "home advantage" bummers at least acknowledges it...

What happened to home advantage in 2006 and 2008, the last two PLRC's to be held at Sheffield? Do we ignore that and concentrate on 2009?

Whatever track you hold it on, be it Elite, Premier or National League - someone will have some sort of advantage.

Imagane if the ELRC was held at Rye House - who would bet against Kennett winning the meeting? It'd be classed as a neutral track, yet one he was brought up on.

The world championship is going to be decided on a track that favours Gollob and Sayfutdinov...and doesn't suit Crump.

In ANY competition, SOMEONE is going to have some sort of advantage (unless everything is held at Cardiff...but then GP riders have an advantage over non-GP riders...)

So what Procter is saying is, at Kings Lynn Ward/Topinka wouldn't have an home advantage - yeh right.

No, what he clearly says is that if you'd taken it anywhere else there would have been a different winner, which is pretty much spot on. If Ward/Topinka had won it at Lynn, it would have been a different winner so he would have been right.

Imagane if the ELRC was held at Rye House - who would bet against Kennett winning the meeting? It'd be classed as a neutral track, yet one he was brought up on.

Me.

great venue. good racetrack, what more do you want.

we could hold it in poland. then no one would have an advantage!!

well done ricky and thats from all wucky fans.

a great day out .

if that kind of meeting dosnt please you , nothing will..

already looking forward to next years plrc, at sheff of course

ashworth to sign for wucky in 2010, i wish........

Is not about time to bury this, there are people who are going to call for neutral venues, those who are never going to accept Ricky Ashworth won on merit and on home advantage, those who feel that Ricky Ashworth won purely on merit,and for me that is what I am going to do and I am not going say anything else on the matter.

I'm going to keep pushing this side of the argument until one of these "home advantage" bummers at least acknowledges it...

What happened to home advantage in 2006 and 2008, the last two PLRC's to be held at Sheffield? Do we ignore that and concentrate on 2009?

2006? Andre Compton crashed out when in second position in the meeting after 3 rides each. Would he have gone on to win, who knows, but he was acquitting himself quite well.

2008? Compton again, scored 4 from 2, then had a fall that by all accounts was a heavy one, and an engine failure in his final race. His fall was when attempting to go around Parker for the lead, his ef was at the start of his final race. He would probably have finished on 10 or 11 points, enough for a semi final place.

So i'm going to stick with you having home advantage in both of those years, but falls proving costly, which can happen to anyone.

And also the fact that Woffinden had probably done more laps of the Sheffield track than most in 2008...