British Speedway Forum
paul84

The 2009 Premier League Riders' Championship

Really looking forward to this meeting!!

Can any Sheffield locals give me an indication of the best way to get from the Sheffield Train station to the stadium?

I see it's 3 miles - Is it walkable(it looks a pretty straight route but it the A61 walkable?)??

Go Darcy/ The Fish/ Jordan!!!!

Really looking forward to this meeting!!

Can any Sheffield locals give me an indication of the best way to get from the Sheffield Train station to the stadium?

I see it's 3 miles - Is it walkable(it looks a pretty straight route but it the A61 walkable?)??

Go Darcy/ The Fish/ Jordan!!!!

Not really it fair old walk and you would be better catching,the bus or taxi.

The taxi rank is just outside the train station,and the taxi fare will be 10 minutes and cost around £9 give or take a £1,or failing that you can catch a bus which takes about 10 minutes,the bus station is across the road from the train station, when you get there go to the Travel Information Centre and tell them you want to catch a First 53 bus to Ecclesfield, or a First 77 and 78 to High Green, they will point you in the direction of where to catch the bus and give timetables.

When you get on the bus asked to be dropped off at Owlerton Stadium. have a good time mate.

Edited by spin king

The taxi rank is just outside the train station,and the taxi fare will be 10 minutes and cost around £9 give or take a £1,or failing that you can catch a bus which takes about 10 minutes,the bus station is across the road from the train station, when you get there go to the Travel Information Centre and tell them you want to catch a First 53 bus to Ecclesfield, or a First 77 and 78 to High Green, they will point you in the direction of where to catch the bus and give timetables.

When you get on the bus asked to be dropped off at Owlerton Stadium. have a good time mate.

Awesome! Cheers for the info!!!

You are a kind hearted chap. Think you have did more to promote this meeting than the promoters and the BSPA put together :wink: Do you like speedway or something :lol:

Don't know where you got that from , cause i thought last years was pretty good . The only thing i've noticed about previous PLRC's at Sheffield is that the outside gate seems to be at a huge disadvantage

Might have been from me....I didn't think it was great compared to others I have seen at Sheffield although things improved as the afternoon went on.

You are right, gate four was a graveyard for most of the afternoon.

Might have been from me....I didn't think it was great compared to others I have seen at Sheffield although things improved as the afternoon went on.

You are right, gate four was a graveyard for most of the afternoon.

Adrian Rymel made a HUGE mistake choosing gate four in last years final!!!

We're on our way in 5 minutes ..... see you all there :D

You are a kind hearted chap. Think you have did more to promote this meeting than the promoters and the BSPA put together :wink: Do you like speedway or something :lol:

He had nowt better to do :lol:

He had nowt better to do :lol:

Still banging your drum I see :wink: Have a safe trip and a great day :lol:

Still banging your drum I see :wink: Have a safe trip and a great day :lol:

More to the point has got a new tune for todays meeting. ;)

More to the point has got a new tune for todays meeting. ;)

Can't wait to hear it! He always has a habit of livening up proceedings :wink:

Edited by sheffieldscot

Just back from holiday in time for this! Come on Andre!!

He just might do it for you, that would be a good end to your holiday :wink:

We have the texter for this but due to a large number of the team actually going to this meeting, we are struggling for an updater.

So if anyone fancies giving being an updater a go on Speedway Updates and are 16 or over, could you please send me a private message.

Thanks

Updater now found...thanks.

Edited by crazysue