British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
f-s-p

U21 World Championship To Become...

In an ideal world,yes i agree Bavarian.Speedway isn't part of that world.I can see riders maybe not bothering to go to Argentina because of the costs.Especially if they are standing in 7th place with no chance of getting on the rostrum with 1 meeting to go.What real incentive do they have?Plus if someone has the titlein the bag after 2 meetings they might not bother also.We know that some of the Longtrack riders were not too keen to travel down to NZ for the GP there.I look at the young Australian kids who travel over to Europe for the YGT meetings every year with the utmost respect for the financial sacrifice their family make......

And from what the polish websites say, they managed to create the minigp from 2010 onwards. Thankfully they were all European rounds...

:unsure:

11.07.2010 - tbc (POL)

7.08.2010 - Daugavpils (LAT)

18.09.2010 - Pardubice (CZ)

people moan about the popularity of the sport, yet when even a hint of moving to a new part of the world to have an FIM round, they go against it! you couldnt make it up!

argentina looks to be developing some half tidy riders going on the scores from the rounds this winter. complin, legault, sanchez etc were beaten by unknowns as far as I know so they must have some potential.

people moan about the popularity of the sport, yet when even a hint of moving to a new part of the world to have an FIM round, they go against it! you couldnt make it up!

argentina looks to be developing some half tidy riders going on the scores from the rounds this winter. complin, legault, sanchez etc were beaten by unknowns as far as I know so they must have some potential.

While it would be wonderful to just throw a World U21 round into Argentina, the economics don't stack up at the present time.

Do you realise how much cash it would take to get 16 riders with all their equipment and support crew from Europe to Argentina? Who is going to provide that kind of money just now?

It's surely much better for the time being to encourage riders to go over and do the full Argentinian season, rather than just diving in with a sure-fire loss maker of a World Championship round.

I've heard FIM is also thinking of having one round in Florida. A venue/track in Daytona Beach is due for inspection in the following weeks/months.