British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
shoy

Brits In The Gp 2009

Perhaps a slim chance that Scott Nicholls will win one now that he has cut down on his commitments.

I fear Chris Harris has little, if any, chance. He's not really GP material yet. Given a couple of years he could be.

However they do we'll be there cheering them on GP after GP :approve:

How will the two brits fair in this season GP ?

I can see them wanting a wild card for 2010 even before they turn a wheel in 2009 but i do hope i am wrong nothing would please me more than to see either or both do well

Guest sjl
However they do we'll be there cheering them on GP after GP :approve:

You bet ! I will be cheering our Brits until I am hoarse (as usual) -- I have to admit that I have doubts about Bomber's success (and I speak as a Coventry supporter) this year but who knows he may shock us all yet? As for Scotty ---- I will never give up hope --all toes and fingers crossed for him to succeed even if it is Cardiff alone! :wink:

I fear Chris Harris has little, if any, chance. He's not really GP material yet. Given a couple of years he could be.

remove Chris Harris, insert Scott Nicholls, it still works! :lol:

Harris just needs that focus he had in his first season back and I think he could qualify for 2010. Nicholls, I have no idea, he doesnt have the talent/mental strength at this level, you can't question his effort but he will probably slip behind quite a few riders his junior this year. Just my opinion and I hope for WC purposes that atleast one qualifies.

i think scott has made the changes and i think he will benefit from that i think we see alot of scotty nicholls this year as for chris harris i think he needs to make changes and big changes if he stands any chance . we will see fingers crossed for both .

Scott has made enough finals to make me think he can win one. The main problem is his lack of points in the 5 heats meaning he gets a poor gate choice.

Hopefully he can get a few more points and do the job.

The talent is there and I hope he loses a stone in weight by training hard over the winter,

Come on Scotty you can do it.

Nicholls will never win a GP . As we have seen before , he lacks the bottle and fluffs it when the pressure is on

I think it's a bit unfair to say he "lacks the bottle" because he most certainly doesn't but I agree he cracks under pressure so tend to also agree with you that he won't win a G.P. Happy to be proved wrong this year though. :wink:

i carnt see harris doing any better than last year hes very lucky to be in this year.a bit different with scott hes not a million miles off the top but i feel its now or never.i agree he needs to lose a stone he may not be in bad shape but compare him to pedersen and hes got a way to go.

Nicholls has to do better this year, if his self imposed exile from the EL is to be justified. Going to look a bit of a tool if he fairs no better than previous years. Who knows with Harris. Last year he changed his bikes, and that seemed have an adverse affect on him. He must have learned a lot from that mistake, but I fear the same old performances from the pair.

Edited by srbramble