British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tapesuptv

Usa National Speedway 2008 - 2009 Televised Series

(Courtesy Motors TV: http://www.motorstv.com/sites/default/file...n_motorstv.pdf)

US SPEEDWAY ON MOTORS TV

“USA National Speedway 2008” comes to Motors TV on March 22nd when we start our marathon 17 consecutive week run of one of the most spectacular events in world motorsport.

Coverage from last year's US Speedway scene features notable names such as former World Champion Billy Hamill as well as current and former British League riders Billy Janniro, Mike Faria, Chris Manchester, Bobby Schwartz and Shawn McConnell. In addition to seeing some of the United States' top riders go head-to-head, viewers will have the opportunity to witness some of the best racing from the world famous Costa Mesa stadium which last year celebrated its 40th anniversary of Speedway.

What is more, the series presents America’s most important Speedway events including the US Nationals and AMA National Championships. The season of speed will even end with the USA's only test match of 2008, when they took on the Rest of the World, offering a line-up complete with notable names such as Lubos Tomicek, former World Finalist Phil Collins, and German international Martin Smolinski.

Alex Raby, producer of "USA National Speedway 2008" said: "It is a great honour that Motors TV have chosen to dedicate us a primetime television slot on Sunday at 8pm, and a sign of the appeal of Speedway as a motorsport. I believe that in return, we offer a fantastic product, with sheer entertainment value, and the fact that it is to be shown multiple times per week is representative of just what we offer.

“Fans are given a pure racing spectacle, an hour of gladiatorial Speedway combat, racing from start to finish. For the many who have campaigned for Speedway to be shown more widely on television, this is a day of great pleasure for you. The racing is fast from the very start and the events are World Class and include National Championships."

“Bike racing has always been one of the top-rated motorsports on the channel,” added Motors TV Head of Programming & Acquisitions Frédéric Viger. “We know from past experience that Speedway is a favourite amongst our viewers so when the possibility of broadcasting its very best championship arose, we didn’t have to think twice.

“We’re confident it will be a hit. This is hopefully just the first step as we’re working very closely with Alex Raby to bring much more Speedway to the channel in the future.”

Catch Motors TV’s US Speedway coverage premier each Sunday night from 8pm, kicking off with the Spring Classic on March 22nd. Don’t worry if you miss it though as we’ll have repeats throughout the week, including a regular Tuesday evening slot from 6pm and Friday nights at 11.

Edited by unknown

QUOTE ("Official Programme Press Release")

IN ASSOCIATION WITH American Speedway Online, Alex Raby is pleased to announce that Speedway will be returning to Motors TV from March, following the confirmation of a seventeen programme series commencing on the twenty second of the month. Entitled "USA National Speedway 2008", the series broadcasts some of the best racing from last year's USA Speedway scene, featuring notable names such as former World Champion Billy Hamill, current British League rider Billy Janniro, and former British League riders Mike Faria, Chris Manchester, Bobby Schwartz and Shawn McConnell, amongst others. As well as seeing some of the United States' best riders go head-to-head, viewers will have the opportunity to see some of the best racing from the world famous Costa Mesa Speedway stadium in its 40th season of Speedway. Moving away from The Bullring, the series presents the most important of USA's Speedway events including the US Nationals and the AMA National Championship. The season of speed will even end with the USA's only test match of 2008, as they took on the Rest of the World, offering a line-up complete with notable names such as Lubos Tomicek, former World Finalist Phil Collins, and German international Martin Smolinski.

Programme producer Alex Raby says of the announcement: “It is a great honour that Motors TV have chosen to dedicate us a primetime television slot on Sunday at 8pm, and a sign of the appeal of Speedway as a motorsport. I believe that in return, we offer a fantastic product, with sheer entertainment value, and the fact that it is to be shown six times per week is representative of just what we offer. The frills are gone, and fans are left with a pure racing spectacular, an hour of gladiatorial Speedway combat. For the many who have campaigned for Speedway to be shown more widely on television, this is a day of great pleasure for you. On a personal level, the project is the culmination of a great deal of hard work over the last year, putting together a product that is representative of the sport.”
Edited by Alex Raby

Looks fun to watch on those tiny little tracks and should compliment the Sky EL coverage.

I think the British fans will get a kick out of this. The racing is good and competitive, and those nay sayers on American Speedway will get to see what it is really like. The footage is from the www.americanspeedwayonline.com website. It was fun to be a part of these broadcasts in the US and I'm sure it'll make good Sunday night viewing.

Pleased about this,when I saw it on the Exeter forum today it seemed to suggest we would have to subscribe,on checking our virgin media TV channels after they offered us XL TV free and large broadband it seems Motors Tv is indeed included!--Looking forward to this.

I think the British fans will get a kick out of this. The racing is good and competitive, and those nay sayers on American Speedway will get to see what it is really like. The footage is from the www.americanspeedwayonline.com website. It was fun to be a part of these broadcasts in the US and I'm sure it'll make good Sunday night viewing.

Have watched some U.S. racing online so I reckon this should be good entertainment, lets face it, compared to football there is precious little speedway coverage on TV. This will be a welcome addition as far as I am concerned.

You guys are lucky as we don't get to see any Speedway on Tv over here. Maybe this will help us to get it on Tv back over here in the USA

Apart from the top league being sponsored by a TV company, this is the only other Speedway on TV. And that needs to change!

Hey maybe we can get Motors Tv to do a trade and show Premier over in the USA. That would be cool. :wink:

Edited by TMGracing

will it be possible to watch online? some of us don't have more than 5 channels...

The sad thing is I contacted Motors TV about 3 years ago about televising CL Speedway (as the rights for that haven't been signed away). I sent them a couple of discs of meetings and they were very keen. I then spoke to a Promoter and a video production company. The Speedway you have seen on Motors TV the past two years shows how hard they pursued things!

For non subscribers to Sky I wonder if it will be possible to view it on myp2p.com. Lots of live sport on there if you can negotiate you way around it. Just need to register and anything there is free.