British Speedway Forum
paul84

Entertainment At Cardiff 09

I was totally gutted for them.

Yeah really gutted for the young lad excluded for touching the tapes, how pathetic, if it was my son I would have turned him round at the pit gate and sent him back... they want to encourage young british riders..

Any news on that lad who got taken away in the ambulance?

We had a World Cup round at Poole once, But we didn't play the theme from Howard's Way.

Classic :lol::lol::lol:

With the possible exception of a bushy moustache that even Dietbowers would have been proud of, the "Queen" tribute were a very poor imitation of the real thing. Even the "Wayne's World" was a bit closer to the mark, and at least it was funny! :o

I'm not sure why we need a "warm up act" anyway to be honest. I go to Cardiff to have a couple of light ales, to watch some speedway and catch up with a few friendly faces. Or maybe that's just me? :unsure:

Edited by Seb the Snail

The "entertainment" this year was the worst ever.

The women with the huge balls were a bit different and entertaining for the first 2 minutes or so, but didn't do anything else except flip over whilst the balloons were being pulled down and allowed to float up, so it soon got boring.

"Murder Queen" were dreadful. They were on a loser anyway because the sound system was so poor, but I reckon even with a good sound system to play their pre-recorded tapes, they'd still be bad. The crowd clearly hated them.

(I don't know why anyone wants to be a Queen tribute act anyway. Freddie Mercury is the only poof who could mince about camply on a stage and be brilliantly entertaining. Anyone else who tries it just looks like an annoying poof mincing about camply).

That nobody who sang that welsh song and the National Anthem was cack too. He's obviously local, cheap and the only person BSI know who can speak welsh.

Choice of music played over the P.A. was rubbish too and did nothing to help the atmosphere.

What a disappointment the Under 15s racing was too. The 500s got one race which was pretty impressive. Then on to the 250s, and that poor 10 year-old kid excluded for touching the tapes and sent home without turning a wheel on what should have been the biggest day of his life. HOW PATHETIC.

The crash in the re-run was unfortunate. Then some pillock decides we've run out of time, so no more under 15s racing. TOTALLY PATHETIC.

In future, give the kids three races each and cut out the other pre-meeting "entertainment"

I guess John Leslie would complain about his own funeral.

I was really dissappointed with the Queen effort. The whole thing was pants - even Freddie's teeth looked stuck on!!!

Yeah really gutted for the young lad excluded for touching the tapes, how pathetic, if it was my son I would have turned him round at the pit gate and sent him back... they want to encourage young british riders..

Any news on that lad who got taken away in the ambulance?

From Plymouth Speedway Forum:

can confirm that Nathan is ok. At the time of his accident there was the suspicion that he might have fractured his pelivs. However, following x-rays no fractures / breaks were found.

From Plymouth Speedway Forum:

can confirm that Nathan is ok. At the time of his accident there was the suspicion that he might have fractured his pelivs. However, following x-rays no fractures / breaks were found.

Great News.

In future BSI/IMG please abandon crap like tribute? bands and hasbeens and fill it with more kiddies racing for heavens sake...the 'entertainment' was little short of spine numbingly boring and excruciatingly painful....The silver girl on the sphere thing can sit nxt to me next year and the referee needs to take a chill pill and a reality check for excluding the youngster 4 tape touching...and has for cutting the kids racing short so we could endure camp freddie and Lenny the lion May bloody shame on you! youve even made me say an expletive on here!...if i hadnt downed x amount of Monster and Red Bull (not Rockstar bile!) then im sure i would have been left comatosed :rolleyes::blink:

Edited by hagonshocker

just read the above mine post about young Nathan excellent news but still gutted 4 the lad :unsure::cry:

So lets get this topic into perspective.42000 were at the event and to date only 144 posts, mainly criticising the evenings entertainment have been recieved. As usual the DOOM & GLOOM brigade, alias Steve Shovlar and John Leslie are at he forefront with nothing costructive to say. Well lets throw down the gauntlet to these two fine gentlemen.I would like to challenge you both to compile a play list of music covering three hours or so that is needed at Cardiff which betters that played by the resident duo . Its time to EITHER PUT UP OR SHUT UP, but as usual ,no doubt from you two fine gentlement, the result will be neither. I would conclude that from the figues quoted, the vast majority enjoyed the entertainment and personally I thought the English medley played prior to the start of the meeting equalled the impromptu brilliance of last years Land of Hope & Glory for the Chris Harris incident. It certainly got a round of applause in my area of the stadium With that in mind its pleasing to know that this team of resident D.J.s who provide the music at Coventry as well as the aftermeeting disco at that venue, as well as Centre Green presentation duties at Birmingham Speedway have already been booked for CARDIFF 2010!!!! So gentlemen, pens and papers at the ready and for once in your lives show some ability to put your money where your mouths are. the speedway world awaits the outcome with interest!!

<long winded nonsense snipped>

Since you're the only person in 10 pages who doesn't think that the pre-meeting entertainment was extremely poor, I guess you're either the guy who played crap music selection, or the guy who thought he was impersonating Freddie Mercury.

I guess it's the former.

I didn't watch the Queen tribute band, only arrived in the stadium for 5pm so can't comment on that.

During the meeting, some of the music was a little eek (that England chant got bloody annoying after the second play) and the songs I did like only got a few seconds played of them just prior to tapes up!

Oh well, didn't impact on my enjoyment of it and there was some good bits to counter the not quite so good....but please don't do the overkill on the England chanting next year, it really really grated on me.

With the possible exception of a bushy moustache that even Dietbowers would have been proud of, the "Queen" tribute were a very poor imitation of the real thing. Even the "Wayne's World" was a bit closer to the mark, and at least it was funny! :o

I'm not sure why we need a "warm up act" anyway to be honest. I go to Cardiff to have a couple of light ales, to watch some speedway and catch up with a few friendly faces. Or maybe that's just me? :unsure:

No it's just you Seb,i love the build-up to the meeting so much so i have only ever seen Belinda Carlisle.On Saturday i got into the stadium just as the tribute act was finishing.It's a great chance too meet people from the forum.

So it's hi to your good self Pints or Points,Sandie,Queen Bee,Nikkif and Lora,Firestorm,Silver Bee,SCB,TNT,Matt Davis,Rob B,Mark1,Shazzy,Stilton Panther and Tsunami who i have met before.

And hi to 21CH,Crazy Sue,Jenn,ETFC,Silver Cheetah Snr,Paulco,Chivs,Dave Watters and Chris Durno.Good to meet you all,hope to do the same next year.

Finally thanks to the Poole girls and Kev, thanks for a great weekend. :approve:

Silver and SCB Mini D has said the Emil hat coming to Brandon at the end of July :lol:

It was interesting to note the comments of a cricket correspondent in today's Daily Telegraph about the entertainment at yesterday's Ashes Test match in Cardiff.

"It takes some doing, in a land of song, to find three people who struggle to hold a tune, but somehow they found them.....A pub singer urged God to save 'our' Queen. He reappeared, though not by public request, at the lunch interval to sing Rule Britania....By the time another pub singer was dragged out at tea to have a go at Delilah we had entered the realm of self parody"

Is 'our' man moonlighting at the cricket?