British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Newcastle 80th Anniversary Meeting

Pity about that because it would have been great to see Kasprzsak for the first time at Brough and of course to have seen KB return as a GP star now.

Never mind these fields regularly change and McGowan is no mug.

As GLS has said, it would be great to see old fans back for this one and hope that everyone is trying to bring others to see a classic field riding for the biggest pot ever at Newcastle for a championship meeting. :shock:

Bring it on. :lol:

:lol::lol:

Maybe Wilko for the last rider? The diamonds fans never get sick of seeing him :approve:

Maybe Wilko for the last rider? The diamonds fans never get sick of seeing him :approve:

Leigh Lanham has been confirmed as the final rider for Sundays meeting (5.30pm start).

The field for Sunday's 80th Anniversary Championship (in alphabetical order) can now be officially confirmed as :

Steve Boxall (Newcastle & England)

Craig Branney (Newcastle & England)

Kevin Doolan (Workington & Australia)

Daniel King (Ipswich & England)

Jason King (Newcastle & England)

Leigh Lanham (Ipswich & England)

Kenni Larsen (Newcastle & Denmark)

William Lawson (Berwick & Scotland)

Trent Leverington (Newcastle & Australia)

Jason Lyons (Birmingham & Australia)

Travis McGowan (Swindon & Australia)

Bjarne Pedersen (Poole & Denmark)

Rory Schlein (Coventry & Australia)

Derek Sneddon (Newcastle & Scotland)

Casper Wortmann (Newcastle & Denmark)

James Wright (Belle Vue & England)

Reserves :

Adam McKinna (Newcastle & Scotland)

+ 1 to be confirmed

And I'm not stuck indoors doing live updates either, so I'm looking forward to this one - be great to see Rooboy back at Newcastle :)

With Leigh Lanham now in the field, I know of 2 daughtas who will be very pleased to see him. :shock::lol:

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Cannot believe we have lost the two best riders from the field, how unlucky are the great Diamonds fans this year?

Would have been great to see the master of Brough Park who learnt all from Juul defending his turf, letting the opposition have head starts only to win by the length of a straight - hopefully we will see you at the place with the muck soon Mr Bjerre!

Only one more day before the BIG event.

A bit of rain today and the track is going to be perfect for a brilliant meeting.

See ya there. :approve:

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Edited by Tsunami

Cannot believe we have lost the two best riders from the field, how unlucky are the great Diamonds fans this year?

Would have been great to see the master of Brough Park who learnt all from Juul defending his turf, letting the opposition have head starts only to win by the length of a straight - hopefully we will see you at the place with the muck soon Mr Bjerre!

Says on the Diamonds website they are both keen to come up later in the season so all is not lost! :)

I also must add I am really looking forward to seeing Leigh Lanham back at Brough as its been a few years since he's been there with Arena and

usually flies round our track do you not fancy being a No 1 for us Leigh? :lol:

And also as a sponsor of William Lawson who started his career with Newcastle I would just like to wish him the best of luck for the meeting :)

I also must add I am really looking forward to seeing Leigh Lanham back at Brough as its been a few years since he's been there with Arena and

usually flies round our track do you not fancy being a No 1 for us Leigh? :lol:

And also as a sponsor of William Lawson who started his career with Newcastle I would just like to wish him the best of luck for the meeting :)

Nice that so many like yourself have chipped in and sponsored a rider. Just hoping the weather is fine enough for us to see this cracking field. :approve:

:blink::blink:

Nice that so many like yourself have chipped in and sponsored a rider. Just hoping the weather is fine enough for us to see this cracking field. :approve:

Well I thank you for that Tsunami I only wish I could of afforded to be his main sponsor but finances did not allow me to :rolleyes: But Hopefully next time :)

Anyone got any thoughts or predictions on who is going to win?

Well I thank you for that Tsunami I only wish I could of afforded to be his main sponsor but finances did not allow me to :rolleyes: But Hopefully next time :)

Anyone got any thoughts or predictions on who is going to win?

Could be very close but I hope Speedway is the real winner. :lol:

Could be very close but I hope Speedway is the real winner. :lol:

Is he a new rider to british speedway? On what average does he come in on :lol::approve:

The field for Sunday's 80th Anniversary Championship (in alphabetical order) can now be officially confirmed as :

Steve Boxall (Newcastle & England)

Craig Branney (Newcastle & England)

Kevin Doolan (Workington & Australia)

Daniel King (Ipswich & England)

Jason King (Newcastle & England)

Leigh Lanham (Ipswich & England)

Kenni Larsen (Newcastle & Denmark)

William Lawson (Berwick & Scotland)

Trent Leverington (Newcastle & Australia)

Jason Lyons (Birmingham & Australia)

Travis McGowan (Swindon & Australia)

Bjarne Pedersen (Poole & Denmark)

Rory Schlein (Coventry & Australia)

Derek Sneddon (Newcastle & Scotland)

Casper Wortmann (Newcastle & Denmark)

James Wright (Belle Vue & England)

Reserves :

Adam McKinna (Newcastle & Scotland)

+ 1 to be confirmed

And I'm not stuck indoors doing live updates either, so I'm looking forward to this one - be great to see Rooboy back at Newcastle :)

The weather here on Tyneside at 10.25am is sunny, although showers are forecast for later on, but it should stay fine for the meeting itself.

Hope to see loads of people there, to see what should be a cracking meeting. :approve: