Sign in to follow this  
Shortcrust

Nicki P - World Champion 2003

In case you guys didn't know

NICKI IS CHAMPION :approve::approve::approve:

Yes i am very excited and proud of the dane

:P Thats to all who doubted him

Well Done Nicki

It's no good getting excited now, TTF. You should have told us before the final you were supporting Nicki instead of keeping quiet about it.... ;-)

Sorry Nobold :oops: :oops:

Well i guess i am a closet Nicki fan ;):D:D and had to come out :approve::approve:

hee hee i did tell you all but no one believed me!

like i said before the best man won lol lol

Hee hee look at the Grump and the smiley Nicki :approve:

http://www.speedwaygp.com/gallery/full/509.jpg

Nicki P as World Champion.....and who can say that on the night he did not deserve it. He has maintained his consistency over the year, and has ridden his luck, as all Champions do, on several occasions. Poor old Jason must be wondering just what he has to do...! In my opinion, he has been the best rider in the World over the last 2 years, but does not have much to show for it. Never mind Crumpy, there is always next year.

:)

As a belle vue fan i'm supposed 2 support crump but i've got to say Nicki deserved to win!!!!He was much better overall, a much more interesting rider to watch- i mean a race with nicki in it is never boring is it?!

Nicki also always makes me laugh!!!He's always smiling and even when he's been excluded or something like that he generally manages to make you laugh!!or smile.

NICKI DESERVED TO WIN WELL DONE!!!!! :)

Hey TTF, I believed you about Nicki too :) you weren't the only one cheering for him. I just didnt happen to post as many messages about him as you did! ;-)

Completely agree Em, I don't know how people can see Nicki is so horrible, just watching him in Norway when he was all happy and joking - even after his awful crash, he was in good spirits. I think hes a great guy, very approachable and a good laugh and now the BEST rider in the world too :D:D:D

Congratulations Nicki very pleased for him and his support team based in Sheffield ;) He done you proud flower :D

Newcastle are not claiming Anders - He started at Long Eaton.

yeah but Newcastle made him the rider he became - its a city that makes heros

Yeah JJ totaly aggree on that one, :) Brough seems to create future stars and we know of another in Bjerre and hopefull a future British talent in William Lawson, did anyone see the strong Brough connection in the Norway GP there was Nicki of course and Bjarne but also with Lee Richardson son of former Diamond Colin and then the race Director himself Ole Olsen,how one track has influenced the highest levels of the sport in a single meeting was quite evident. ;)

It was also good of our promotion to recommend Nicki Pedersen to Newcastle when Edinburgh couldn't fit him in to their team that season :P

Guest RickDia1

I think it was a sad day for the sport when Nicki Pedersen became World Champion. The sport does not need idiots like him winning it! He fences people week in week out, he's not someone young riders can look up to. Tony Rickardsson was an ideal role model for youngsters, now look what they have. As Sky TV put it 'he would put his own grandmother in the fence'.

Lets not forget, Crump could have put Pedersen out of the meeting if he rode into his head, Crumpy did very very very well to avoid, the bucking bronco Pedersen. Is Nicki ever in control of his bike?????

When Crump got excluded I was disgraced, I thought Holta could have easily stayed on that machine and a friend of mine who was in Hamar said the same! He knew he had been passed and bailed out. Any professional rider could have stayed on!

Then in the final Pedersen, is aloud back in the re-run after doing the same thing as Crump!

Crump will win the ELRC at Coventry to prove he is the best in the world, his average in the Elite League goes to show how much better than Pedersen he really is!

Pedersen has everything on his side in the GP's, he has Ole Olsen preparing tracks as he likes them, Jacob Olsen following him around like a lap dog making sure the other Danish riders help Nicki's way into the finals, I'm sure Jacob has a brown nose!

If Crump would not have had such cruel look earlier on in the series, the Championship would have been over months ago!

I think I've just read the most biased posting on the entire forum!

did you get your super quality rose tinted glasses from armadale? :P

Theres nothing you can change now by moaning Nicki won fair and square over a series of GP (as some of you have forgotten :evil: )

Please just leave him alone now :-(

at the end of the day, Pedersen won it.... we need to accept it.

hopefully having someone like him as Champ will give the sport a bit more publicity... you know you don't always have Mr NiceGuy at the top of the tree for anything, and Pedersen might just surprise us all with what he could do for the sport.

If you watched the play-off final with Tim Lovejoy and Helen Chamberlain presenting the trophies, they said there hadn't been any crashes yet... it was what they were after....they didn't know good racing from bad.

If there had been a crash, it would be shown on their extremely popular allsport show on a Friday night.

All this is exposure... it's what the sport needs in one form or another, and if Pedersen brings this in... fair play.

But as you suggest, let's just hope no-one gets hurt in the process.

Never mind Crumpy, there is always next year.

:)

Sorry to put a dampner on it but...

1992 Gary Havelock 2000 Mark Loram 2004 Scott Nicholls :?:

can't see the pattern : All leap years ............. gotta be ours!