British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Shortcrust

Nicki P - World Champion 2003

Well done and congratulations to Niki Pederson, :) I knew from the early days when he first rode at Newcastle that one day he would lift the world crown, and also well done to our Bjarne another future world champion in the making, Brough Park must have some kind of magic to have been influential in these riders careers. ;-)

i suppose you'll want to add Ivan Mauger and Ole Olsen to that list aswell...

seriously though congratulations to Nicki. what more can you say, the A final you had to be in it, to win it...

i'm also starting to believe that mr crump is a bottler. 3 years in a row at being 2nd, certainly making me wonder wether he'll ever do it. in my opinion he needs to win it a couple of gp's before the last, that will take the pressure off him.

did he really bottle it though? a desperate Crump driving hard into the third turn in the semi, you see it week in, week out, sometimes you can get the verdict, sometimes you don't. was just one of those things. Jason will still be crowned World Champ one day and who's to say he won't equal TRick and Ove's five wins... maybe even still be the greatest... who knows...

YAY NICKI!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I am really happy for Nicki, what a fantastic World Champion. Such an exciting rider who has that never give up attitude, I am delighted to see him win the Championship! I just think people who slate him should look at him tonight, after his bad accident he was in the pits smiling and laughing and he is such a good guy. People can say what they like about his riding, he is a genuine rider and a genuine guy and I know he would have been gracious in defeat.

But luckily we never had to see him deal with defeat - he is now the best in the world! GO NICKI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D

I'll add my congrats to Nicki too.

I don't think Crumpy bottled it, but I think the nerves got the better of him. Nicki kept his cool, even after his dramatic spill.

I'll add my congrats to Nicki too.

I don't think Crumpy bottled it, but I think the nerves got the better of him. Nicki kept his cool, even after his dramatic spill.

nerves getting the better of someone is called bottling it. CRUMPY BOTTLED IT. he missed the start, was easally faster than holta so maybe he should of sat back and waited but instead went for a gap that wasn't there. imagine what would have been said had nicki done that move, most people would have called him, let me think, dangerous, suicidal, reckless and of course, he's gonna kill someone. crumpy did what nicki does week in week out, ride his arse off.

Nicki Pedersen.... a man who looks at danger and laughs his head off!

A brilliant GP series, in which the smiling assassin came from nowhere, with no respect for reputations, with a seemingly endless supply of guts, determination and nerve, all season he has done it when and where it mattered.

After being carried off the track (nice theatrical touch!), after his amazing rodeo ride, his great drive under Scotty in the semi... his name seemed to be on the Cup.

Jason Crump... the man who should be king? I thought he deserved it, but last night he had every chance to take the crown, but was found wanting.

So congratulations to Nicki Pedersen, he earnt it and so deserves it. Nice work fella!

WELL DONE NICKI :D:D:D:D:D Knew you could do it and shut all your knockers and doubters up, and it was Newcastle who brought him over when he graced everyone. We all knew he would be world champion.

Well Done Bjarne to you were brill.

NICKI PEDERSEN WORLD CHAMPION 2003 :D

:D:D NICKI PEDERSEN WORLD CHAMPION 2003 :D:D

Just got back from Hamar, and what i brilliant night it was.

We went through all the emotions in the book, but in the end we ended up with the biggest smile on our faces...

Nicki was amazing last night...he picked himself up after the crash and just got on with the job...That made us all proud to be Danish..

What a night for Danish Speedway...Nicki finishing the GP as WORLD CHAMPION, Bjarne coming third in the final and Ronni getting 8 GP points. What can I say? 8) 8) DANES DO IT BETTER 8) 8)

Im not going to say he deserves it.........Coz he doesnt! Hes still a dirty,immature little rubbish..........But its over with now!

Jason........what can i say...........He looked totally drained right fromthe parade and I guess i had a feeling right then that he wasnt going to do it :cry:

To be fair........Jason threw it away.........Its a shame Nicki had to be the one that caught it! :x

By the way...................im feeling VERY Anti Scotty/Gollob/Sullivan/Adams today!!!they beat him EVERY day of the week normally!! It only needed ONE Of the four of them to beat him!!!!

On a positive note....................Hans Nielsen(the legendary) came 2nd 3 times in a row before he won his first title................. :)

I'm verry happy for Nicki, he has well done it but not fair. I would be happier if they met in the final - Nicki and Crump. Then we would see who deserve teh title of speedway world champion! The referee had hard job, but I think it was fair. It was Crump's fault for Holta's fall.

The big suprise for me was Bjarne Pedersen and Andreas Jonsson - they were so damn good!!! But AJ didn't had luck and was exluded in semi final:(

Im not going to say he deserves it.........Coz he doesnt! Hes still a dirty,immature little rubbish..........But its over with now!

Jason........what can i say...........He looked totally drained right fromthe parade and I guess i had a feeling right then that he wasnt going to do it :cry:

To be fair........Jason threw it away.........Its a shame Nicki had to be the one that caught it! :x

Grow up. You call Nicki immature, now ^THAT^ is immature.

Just for you......

WELL DONE NICKI, GRUMPY SCREWED UP AGAIN :D :D :D

Grow up. You call Nicki immature, now ^THAT^ is immature.

as SullyRox said its over now. hopefully Nicki will carry on developing as a rider, regardless of being World Champ he is still a little immature, he still has plenty to learn.

IMO he's still not quite the finished article, i mean could Jerzy Szczakiel really be classed as the best in the World in 1973 or likewise Egon Muller in 1983.

Leigh Adams will probably never win the World Championship but in my opinion he's still a better rider than Nicki.

The best rider in the World is still Tony Rickardsson, he doesn't need the title of World Champ to prove it.

To be fair........Jason threw it away.........Its a shame Nicki had to be the one that caught it!

to be fair it wasn't quite Crumpy's to throw away, if he'd have gone to Hamar with a ten-point lead, then yes maybe.

Well done and congratulations to Niki Pederson, :) I knew from the early days when he first rode at Newcastle that one day he would lift the world crown, and also well done to our Bjarne another future world champion in the making, Brough Park must have some kind of magic to have been influential in these riders careers. ;-)

And Anders Michanek as well.

Anyway, I was hoping Crump would win after all the bad luck he's had the year, but fair dos to Nicki. You can't say he didn't deserve on the evidence of the night's racing.

Next year, Crumpy!

And Anders Michanek as well.

thanks for that Norbold, i wasn't sure whether to put Anders in or not.