British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
andout

Sayfutdinov Or Sajfutdinov...which Is Correct?

That is right....it is all down to the country and i would imagine the translator at times.......in britain they use "v" but in germany it is usually "w".......i can't see anything wrong with using an "i" instead of a "y" or "j".So Saifutdinov or Saifutdinow would also be correct translations.....but if he prefers one spelling then i guess that should be used

Iris - we agree. Any translation is acceptable, but Sayfutdinov is the one preferred by the rider and the one set to become commonplace.

But Mateusz's assertion that "both versions are correct but only these two ones" is plain wrong.

All the best

Rob

Think we should ask Stiltonpanthers' other woman, Lilia Kopylova..she'll know ! :wink::lol:

Nonsense. Any translation from the Russian alphabet into ours is acceptable. You can't say certain translations are correct and others are not. It doesn't work like that.

All the best

Rob

Write as u want then... I only quoted what my friend was told by Emil when he asked him about the spelling - as we had the same problem here and were wondering which version was correct. I stick to the 'Sayfutdinov' one, which he uses too.

Think we should ask Stiltonpanthers' other woman, Lilia Kopylova..she'll know ! :wink::lol:
Yes she would know. I will ask her when she next comes round. :lol: