British Speedway Forum

Good result for the Brits.Let's hope they can also do that on foreign soil :unsure:

Agree iris. Well done the Brits/

Lewis and Tai probably will as I expect them to make the final but the others it will likely be a learning curve.

Would Ward be the youngest ever winner if he won?

Well done Ricky Wells on qualifying...That should improve his confidence no end... :approve:

One brilliant race between Tai, Lewis Bridger and Kozza Smith that was top class ..... apart from that there wasn't much else to excite ..... There were too many delays and the track was very dry early on with the threat of rain .... Bad news for Rye fans, Joe Haines breaking a hand after the German wobbler locked up in front of him in heat 3 ..... There were some others who were way out of their depth, including Tim Gomez who was very poor ...... Bad luck to Tai who was on course to win the meeting before a puncture in his last race, but congratulations to Rob Mear for winning the meeting ..... Most impressive of the visiting Europeans was Artur Mroczka, who was always in the mix and unlucky not to win at least one race ..... Bridger showed his lack of class after Smith had blocked him well on the last bend of heat 8 buy waiting at the pits gate to remonstrate with Smith who did nothing wrong with that move.

Looks like we'll be missing Joe Haines for a while, and with a trip to Workington and a Northern Tour coming up it couldn't have happened at a worse time ..... Craig Saul announced good news for Rye fans, then announced that Tommy Allen should be back for our visit to Workington on Saturday ..... Still waiting for the good news. :blink:

Edited by Shadders

No Wim Kennis?????!!!

Glad I didn't go now! :P

..... Bridger showed his lack of class after Smith had blocked him well on the last bend of heat 8 buy waiting at the pits gate to remonstrate with Smith who did nothing wrong with that move.

Both as bad as each other....

Lol what happend with Wim Kennis?

Officially he was "ill", but I was told he was struggling badly with the track in practice and probably didn't fancy it ..... He couldn't have been any worse than Tim Gomez was today surely? :blink:

Well done to the Brits and to Ricky.

Would also like to say get well soon Joe!

Lets hope orion and the rest of swindon fans dont find out about Joes crash today cos no doubt they will blame the track even if they had not been at the meeting the track would off been to blame. Get well soon Joe.

Well done to Rob Mear on a fantastic performance. Tai was very unlucky and really deserved to win, look the sharpest all night tbh. Darcy was great entertainment, this kid is really going places. Best wishes to Joe on a full, speedy recovery!

One brilliant race between Tai, Lewis Bridger and Kozza Smith that was top class..........Bridger showed his lack of class after Smith had blocked him well on the last bend of heat 8 buy waiting at the pits gate to remonstrate with Smith who did nothing wrong with that move

Had to laugh when Bridger was throwing his toys out everywhere, he tried to have a pop at Kozza's step father at the pits gate who just laughed at him as he bounced off his considerable frame :D

Both as bad as each other....

And Fisher is probably worse ;) Didn't realise you were there Dekker, you should have come and said hi :wink:

----------------------------------------------

Not a bad meeting, but as Shadders has said the delays didn't help matters, although of course unavoidable. The Poles impressed me today, my word they can gate.....the top three were the best by a margin, very unlucky for Joe Haines who would have breezed through too. Thought Kozza rode very well seeing as he only had his first full meeting of the season on Friday, with a little more composure he would have scored ten and grabbed the final spot.

I like Lewis Bridger, he obviously has the ability but his temperament at the moment just isn't what it needs to be.....of course he is young and is no worse than Crump & Pedersen were at that age, but there was really no need for his histronics after his second heat. Managed to gather himself (with the help of Rob Lyon B)) and scored the points required to get him through.

Other unfancied riders like Smart, Courtney, Tregoning and Mudgeway got stuck in and certainly added to the entertainment. Wells rode very steadily and his gating wasn't as bad today as I was expecting....loks a decent prospect.

Edited by Bagpuss