British Speedway Forum

This is yet another example from the long list of mistakes made by the sport's authorities. A promoter has to make telephone calls to find out how qualifying was achieved for one of the prestige meetings of the season. It appears that no-one else knew either. It seems appropriate to mention THE current topical word - TRANSPARENCY. For heaven's sake, publish the rules and qualifying criteria at the start of the season, let everyone know and stick to them. I know it is all too easy to fall back on "special dispensation" to favour certain clubs and individuals but it really does the sport no favours to project itself as being run by an incompetent, disorganised rabble.

Edited by Starboy118

This is yet another example from the long list of mistakes made by the sport's authorities. A promoter has to make telephone calls to find out how qualifying was achieved for one of the prestige meetings of the season. It appears that no-one else knew either. It seems appropriate to mention THE current topical word - TRANSPARENCY. For heaven's sake, publish the rules and qualifying criteria at the start of the season, let everyone know and stick to them. I know it is all too easy to fall back on "special dispensation" to favour certain clubs and individuals but it really does the sport no favours to project itself as being run by an incompetent, disorganised rabble.

Whoops - forgot! Very best of luck to Tom and Darcy.

just leaving for the pairs, from gods little acre, see all you Bears fans for a scrumpy beforehand, best of luck and safe riding for all the pairs tonight, but more luck to the Havvy Ty pair

Any more weather updates. Now just outside Swindon and it's looking pretty miserable but not raining too hard. Going to head to Cardiff and get checked in but in two minds whether to risk the trip back.

Any more weather updates, leaving MK in one hour and heading straight to the Oak Treet but very poor weather here at present.

Weather update 13.40

My source works next door at the golf driving range , yes very heavy overnight rain but drying up now slight water on the inside of the bends .

sharp rain storm has just happened as i write this message and will have info up to 3.30pm when he finishes work

He thinks if it stays dry or even more rain the track will be prime condition and please use links in earlier message on here for webcams

Regards

Speedwaysteve mk2

Edited by Speedwaystevemk2

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the updates site? If so, could you please either leave a message here or send me an email or pm.

Thanks

Still looking anyone.

.How can you make up the rules as you go along?

Seems to be the norm for UK speedway at the mo :(

Hope the weather holds and those who turn up have a good meeting

Any updates?

Nothing on Somerset website.

Who's going to win? I hope the Comets do of course, but think Somerset, especially Johnno will take some beating on their own track.

Who's going to win? I hope the Comets do of course, but think Somerset, especially Johnno will take some beating on their own track.

Doolan And Rymel stand a good chance.

Doolan And Rymel stand a good chance.

Kings Lynn. ;)

I've been about 2minutes down the track for the whole day and everywhere is drying up nicely, the track has had a lot of water due to the rain and should be in perfect condition assuming we have no more rain.

Boy it's gonna' be a good'un B)