British Speedway Forum

Nearly 3 & a half hours to run this meeting, not good at all, especially in the sweltering heat.

OK i can appreciate that incidents happen, but the time between each incident was unacceptable, no wonder The Wasps are struggling for crowds if this is the norm. A word to the wise Mr Mallett, respect the fans.

I have to say though that i partly blame the ref for not having stricter control of it.

The track had really suffered with the heat, the blue grooves on each bend we're the worst i've ever seen.

1 plus from this meeting was Jonas Anderssson, impressive & i take it that performance will gain him a contract, shocking decision to exclude him.

Also good to see OUR Jordan get on the rostrum after being bashed about more than most.

How. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Maybe my eyes were Blue and White tinted or full of Dust............

Anyhoo.......... maybe i was a bit harsh about the Newport meeting, it was difficult weather condtions to contend with but the Newport meetings are always held in the afternoon?

The meeting was dragged out though and not helped my so many falls and when so many fans called in to Newport looking for a slick (!) presentation, its no wonder so many left disgruntled.

The majority of fans called in to Newport after Cardiff and faced a long journey home, so were not happy to wait around for 3 and a half hours for the meeting to be completed.

Best of luck to the Newport managment on a good little set up.

in defence of the promotion the track has been the best ive seen consistently this year ive missed less than 10 matches since we reopened - wasnt there yesterday tho'! :( escaped luckily it seems - :blink:

We are still trying to work out how Andersson was excluded when Doolan fell by himself and the lad was left with nowhere to go, the fans certainly made their feelings clear to the point that the ref sat down and wouldn't look at anyone!

Not only was he very poor with his decisions but the amount of time left between re-runs and other heats really took the p**s, and to be honest that is what ruined the meeting for myself and others!

As for the Fish/Frampton incident at the end from where we were it looked like Fish didn't realise Jordan was there!

Can't say that I will be rushing back to Newport for quite a while though.

Edited by Debbi

Doolan had to go there as said Andersson was left helpless. Now call it what you want but a ref from Workington allows a workington rider back into the same heat 3 times when twice he should of been excluded makes you ask some questions. Shocking performance, shocking track. Hadnt changed one bit from the 2006 open still dust all over the place you miss have the racing clearing your eyes.

Doolan had to go there as said Andersson was left helpless. Now call it what you want but a ref from Workington allows a workington rider back into the same heat 3 times when twice he should of been excluded makes you ask some questions. Shocking performance, shocking track. Hadnt changed one bit from the 2006 open still dust all over the place you miss have the racing clearing your eyes.

But fisher ploughing through everyone from the inside gate was innocent?

What about when Jordan Frampton came down? nothing to do with Kev, he was going for the cut back knowing Fish would push everyone wide im glad kev didnt go for the outside in that one or it could of been nasty. :shock:

When did fish plough through everyone?

Anyway what does a heat wit Fish in it when no one went down have to do with a heat re run 4 times which Doolan should never of been in. Instead Andersson gets excluded.

Edited by Snyper1010

I think you are wrong there Snyper, Stuart Wilson is always impartial when refereeing at Worky.

The Newport Management called the Worky track bad on their last visit. :rolleyes:

Topaz i think Snyper is just a little upset that Doolan left fisher in the dust to take the win!

Edited by Stoney=Legend

Topaz i think Snyper is just a little upset, Doolan left fisher in the dust to take the win!

Pretty sure he, like everyone who isn;t from Cumbria, was left baffled by the decision to exclude an innocent rider, and thus put him into the final.

Well Stoney your wrong again i spoke wit Diesel and Seedef and i said Doolan out gated Ryan and that was that if you gated you won simple.

I just dont know how Doolan was allowed back into all 3 re runs.

From what I saw of the Doolan/ Anderson incident was that Doolan could'nt turn into the bend, two wheeled it in to the fence Anderson the had nowhere to go and ran over Doolans bike so how that's an exclution for Anderson is beyond me. How ever in one of the (many) reruns Frampton fell off by himself but the ref put all 3 back, then Frampton took Doolans wheel and all 3 were back in the rerun, so some bizare calls by the ref.