British Speedway Forum

I always keep a note of starting-times for each race in any of my speedway programmes to show any delays so here are some of yesterday's details ...

Meeting was advertised as 1pm start ... but the parade was put back to 1.08 because Mark Lemon was cutting it fine getting to the track (and he was drawn in heat 1) ... he didn't feature when the riders were introduced to the crowd but did ride the tail end of the warm-up laps.

Lemo was on the parade they put his bike in the wrong position.

Surprised so many people thought it took to long,meetings at Newport always last an age,well the ones i have been to.

SB you looked so p*****d off a rerun of the 81 World final probably wouldn't have cheered you up.

No double meeting . This was changed weeks ago and the NL clash is scheduled for Friday July 31st.

can't believe this has now become a single meeting - I know a few Rye fans who are not now going (myself included) now its not a double header - why was it changed - do the Newport promotion really believe that Rye fans are going to travel to the NL match as well as next Sunday

Yeah he did but im asking you a question not giving an opinion. How does 3wins from 5 qualifying heats make a deserved winner. over 4 from Lemon and 5 from Fish?

After 20 heats, when everyone has ridden against everyone else, why can't the winner be the top scorer?

After 20 heats, when everyone has ridden against everyone else, why can't the winner be the top scorer?

Quite right I hate these Finals why should Ryan Fisher have to win it twice, not fair IMO

Newport ..Worst meeting attended in a long time.

Had a "newbie" to the sport with us who couldn't get over the delay between races etc.and speed of 'trying' to get the next race going.

He'd enjoyed the Gp saturday as thats a spectacle in itself whether there is any passing or not.......but more passing would be nice don't get me wrong!!.

However we went to Newport expecting a great meeting, out in the fresh air, close up on the action, soak in the smell and atmosphere which makes Speedway GOOD on its day and what did we get...."gaters paradise"!!. Nothing new there then.... What is it about the sport that they think people are going to pay to watch 1st from the start type racing??. Why can't someone come up with a track that produces passing? Why can't they see that racing with no passing isn't racing and folk will not come back to watch the likes of that.

Maybe speedway needs to go in direction of A1 GP where machinery are standard for everyone and all have chance to win. Whereas F1 who have the big spenders and small spenders miles apart in technology and therefore a procession of racing with predictable winners all the time. Notice how J.Button has managed to win few GPs this year because of changes and standardisation.

How can tracks be improved? Can't remember tracks being constantly as bad as this back in the 70's.....more rakers and less tractors/machinery and the racing then was brill. Must remember to remove rose tinted glasses!!

Pity meeting 2 of my weekend of LIVE speedway was spoilt by track prep.....ah well Roll on 2010

Bah, humbug, ET! OK the racing wasn't brill but it was a lovely day and a chance to catch up with folks from all over the joint in pleasant if slightly chilly surroundings. :rolleyes:

Someone should tell him it was heat 14 not 15

Maybe Kevin got confused with all the re runs and is very busy .................. un like some keyboard jockey's. :lol:

ht1 Lemon, Andersson, Kramer Hurst - 59.9

ht2 Lanham, Frampton, Westlund, Stojonowski - 60.2

ht3 Doolan, Proctor, Tregoning, Ashworth Ex - Awarded

ht4 Fisher, Howe, Tomicek, Schramm Ex - Awd

ht5 Fisher, Lanham, Tregoning, Hurst Ex - 61.9

ht6 Howe, Andersson, Stoj, Ashworth Ex - Awd

ht7 Lemon, Doolan, Schramm, Westlund - 59.9

ht8 Frampton, Kramer, Proctor, Tomicek - 59.4

ht9 Doolan, Stoj, Tomicek, Hurst Ex - 62.6

ht10 Andersson, Proctor, Lanham, Stoj - 62.9

ht11 Lemon, Frampton, Howe, Tregoning - 60.7

ht12 Fisher, Westlund, Kramer, Ashworth DNR - 61.8

ht13 Proctor, Howe, Westlund, Hurst - 63.3

ht14 Fisher, Doolan, Frampton, Andersson Ex - 61.2

ht15 Lemon, Lanham, Tomicek, Ashworth DNR - 60.6

ht16 Kramer, Schramm, Stoj, Tregoning - 60.7

ht17 Frampton, Schramm, Hurst, Ashworth DNR - 60.9

ht18 Tregoning, Tomicek, Andersson, Westlund - 61.4

ht19 Fisher, Lemon, Proctor, Stoj - 60.3

ht20 Doolan, Kramer, Lanham, Howe - 60.6

ht21 - Final - Doolan, Fisher, Frampton, Lemon

Anyone have the time for the final please.

Topaz its called having a programme.

a silly question but my dad wants to know

what do they put in the gravy as my dad loved it, or what flavour was it, does anybody know?

yes this is the most stupid question i asked on the forum and there have been many stupid questions from me :o:D

Yeah he did but im asking you a question not giving an opinion. How does 3wins from 5 qualifying heats make a deserved winner. over 4 from Lemon and 5 from Fish?

Simple answer see page 3 of the programme quote "16 riders all facing each other once in five starts with a variety of gate positions. Then the top four scorers coming together for a grand final" simple and clear I thought, winner of the grand final WINS. I didn't make the rules!

I understand your frustration but I also recall Stoney getting a 15 point maximum in the PL riders championship qualification rounds some years ago, missed the gate in the final and that was that, tough, but hey that’s the rules you just have to live with it :wink:

I aint frustrated lmao.

Just because someone makes the gate in a heat named the "final" doesnt declare them a "worthy" winner. Doolan should never of had his 2 points from heat 14 as he should of been excluded so that makes him even less of a worthy winner.

As i say nothing to be frustrated about.

I aint frustrated lmao.

Just because someone makes the gate in a heat named the "final" doesnt declare them a "worthy" winner. Doolan should never of had his 2 points from heat 14 as he should of been excluded so that makes him even less of a worthy winner.

As i say nothing to be frustrated about.

So chill out :lol:

You haven't told me what you thought of the racing, good or bad like I said in the original post to me it was a disgrace and a lost opportunity to show case the sport by Mr Mallett

Oh and by the way we all know that Kev is a much better rider than Fish :wink: