British Speedway Forum

"Looked like another poor attendence for a GP. I wonder how the cardiff sales are going ??"

I cant imagine them being very good at the moment, i reckon they will be lucky to get 30,000 there!

This track is a disgrace......again :rolleyes:

I would liked to have seen it!!

Bloody Sky put and advert on right across the screen so we couldnt see anything!!! CRAP!!!

just got back. bloody great week, nice weather and a good gp. track far better than i expected and some good racing. roll on next year i say.

just got back. bloody great week, nice weather and a good gp. track far better than i expected and some good racing. roll on next year i say.

I`ve just got back as well-drink must have been flowing in the sponsors lounge if THAT track was better than you expected-clouds of dust in heat 1 unacceptable in my view and arguebly more ruts than last year.Paul Bellemy MD BSI wrote in the spring "a great deal of development work has taken place through the winter months into making our temporary tracks even better and we will be constructing new tracks at Ullevi and Cardiff this year " well they have already failed on the first count ! !

Track dreadful

Adams awful

Nicki's exclusion appalling

Emil sensational

My head this morning woolly :blink:

Track dreadful

Adams awful

Nicki's exclusion appalling

Emil sensational

My head this morning woolly :blink:

nothing unusual there then :lol:

Being the main sponsor maybe you could shed some light on the rumour all GP tracks are super slick so the sponsors adverts can be clearly be seen etc, have you heard anything? :unsure::wink: congrats again for your continued support of speedway.

Edited by speedy den boy

the exclusion was awful, nikki p robbed, feel sorry for the man

crump was lucky as he was beaten in both semi and final but got a second bite in re runs

well done hans for checking on walsceck when he t boned him. great sportsmanship

adams is gone as a rider on anything bar a smooth track as he is now safety first

scott having a nightmare, feel real sorry for ther guy

Would Emil really dive when he knew there was the possibility of being hit by Jason (and his bike) at 60mph??

no absolutely not...... not on what must be one of the fastest tracks in the world right at the end of one of the straights...... we know the guy has a bit of a wild streak but no one is that nuts!

Also the question has to be asked..... what would his motive be? Does he look intimidated by NickiP? Did he look like he wouldnt just take Nicki on the next bend again? (edited)

Cant believe what im reading on here . and is disgusting ...

As for nicki v emil

No matter what people think of nicki he was in front and had the line yes he tryed to take emil wide but if he in front then whats the problem .. but the inocent party in all this was crump who came off worse.

As for scott i feel so sorry for him he having a really rough time and i hope he doesnt quit the GP's he just needs a plan and as a team say i love it when a plan comes together :wink: COME ON SCOTTY

the only thing i will say is how are some of you any different to nicki when your swearing like troopers on here when it isnt needed .

Actually ... and this is the point..... Nicki P went from behind him to almost past him in a second or less....... but he didnt do it cleanly.... Emil didnt change direction..... and Nicki clearly decided to ride the man and shove Emil out (not for the first time this season) rather than make sure he went into the bend cleanly

I would suggest the majority of refs would feel in a difficult position to have to rule on it but would concentrate on the passing move the directions entering the bend and and ultimately who collected who

Dekker has found an interesting way of putting his point across but he is right about 1 thing at least........the key thing here is that Nicki has decided to ride the man rather than the track again this season and it is because he can no longer rely on his super fast machinery of the previous 2 years

Edited by spook

Also the question has to be asked..... what would his motive be? Does he look intimidated by NickiP? Did he look like he wouldnt just take Nicki on the next bend again? Was he not already in a qualifying position?

A qualifying position for what? It was the final.

quite true

we arent really saying that he didnt have ultimate confidence that he could take him straight away again are we?

What is the the problem here? Nicki passes Emil and as he starts to turn towards turn 1 his dirt deflector takes out Emil's front wheel. What else there is to do but exclude Nicki! :blink:

Problem for Nicki too is he doesn't seem to bend his right leg at the knee, so doesn't move his body weight as well on the bike, this also if you look tends to see him 'skate' across the corners especially if he goes in fast. You can see as well other riders know this and turn back under him when he does this. Last year too his bikes were moving forward on tracks where other riders were spinning up, this year the opposite appears to be happening.

Regards to all Alan.

At last someone else can see what I have been saying for years, the reason he rears and centre punches so many riders in the corners is because he rides with a straight right leg. This makes it difficult to shift body weight to steer the bike correctly. Have a look at some older photos of previous top class and world class riders, all have bent right knee, that enables you to push down on the footpeg and give you leverage to shift weight back and forth on the bike and turn it quickly. Nicki is very fast, but sorry thats all I can say about him, as far as a good speedway rider, nah, think back to some of the greats, PC, Ivan, Ole, Phil Crump, Ove Fundin, Michael Lee, Dave Jessup, Bruce Penhall, Erik Gundersen, Hans and many many others, how often did you see them come off their bikes, it was a rareity. This bloke is off nearly every GP at some stage or another, either himself or causing a fall from being out of control.

For those on here old enough to have seen some of those names as mentioned above you will know what I mean. For just pure control and smoothness, I have to say Ivan and Ole were poetry in motion. He may have won 3 titles, but to mention Nicki in the same context as probably all the names above as far as being a speedway rider in the total sense, is insulting to say the least.

Edited by twincamweslake

What is the the problem here? Nicki passes Emil and as he starts to turn towards turn 1 his dirt deflector takes out Emil's front wheel. What else there is to do but exclude Nicki! :blink:

Nicki was going in a straight line and Emil turned into Nicki's back wheel. A tough descision for the ref IMO, and an incident where no single rider was at fault. But if push came to shove and I had to exclude someone, I would have excluded Crump. :P

Nicki was going in a straight line and Emil turned into Nicki's back wheel. A tough descision for the ref IMO, and an incident where no single rider was at fault. But if push came to shove and I had to exclude someone, I would have excluded Crump. :P

I'm looking forward to catching up with you shortly, Blazeaway, you Pommy B. :angry:;)

PS If Nicki was going in a straight line he would have gone straight into the airfence. :approve:

I reckon Emil should be praised for taking out Nicki's back wheel thus saving him from further injury. :rolleyes: