British Speedway Forum

If you have Excel, I've thrown together a scorecard which can be found here.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/ampmracing/speedway1.html

Either one you can use on a laptop or an A4 printable version.

top man

Just 1 thing! stoney as reserve? surely not? were riding against birmingham tomorrow.

Edited by littlemisstextalot

top man

Just 1 thing! stoney as reserve? surely not? were riding against birmingham tomorrow.

Hmmm. Where did I get that from? I'm sure he was in the original list along with Bunyan as the reserves. Ok I'll change it so that both reserves are blank and then they can be filled out as and when/if.

Gonz

He always was wasn't he?

Not on his overall form this year, no.

Forecast is very good. Sunny and warm with lighter winds. Should be a cracker of a meeting tonight.

Lets hope for plenty of controvesy, great racing, and let the best man win. It would like to see a young gun make Cardiff.

Good luck to Eddie Kennett. I think he stands an excellent chance.

Forecast is very good. Sunny and warm with lighter winds. Should be a cracker of a meeting tonight.

Lets hope for plenty of controvesy, great racing, and let the best man win. It would like to see a young gun make Cardiff.

Good luck to Eddie Kennett. I think he stands an excellent chance.

Agree this has the makings of a great meeting, the best for years IMO, with the young riders in much better form that the old guard but the old boys will want to make a point. Can't see Bomber being a factor, he has been poor all season and just looks slow but i am sure Scott will not go down without a fight, i agree re Kennett, must have a great chance as he is riding well and knows the track well. Hope Tai doesnt win as the luv in on Sky would be unbearable!!

One thng that is puzzling me though is why this meet is not next Wed during school hols, surely the gate would have been bigger,i would have gone wth my two lads for sure but wont get back to MK until well past midnight so out of the question on a school night?

Any thoughts or even reasons for this?

One thng that is puzzling me though is why this meet is not next Wed during school hols, surely the gate would have been bigger,i would have gone wth my two lads for sure but wont get back to MK until well past midnight so out of the question on a school night?

Any thoughts or even reasons for this?

Well one very good reason is a rather large football match on next Wednesday!

Man Utd v Barcelona - Champions League Final

Well one very good reason is a rather large football match on next Wednesday!

Man Utd v Barcelona - Champions League Final

Yeah fair point having little interest in the overpaid prima donnas these days i had forgot but i think my point was surely half term week would have been better, plus i doubt they knew who the final was between in January when the dates were agreed.

Yeah fair point having little interest in the overpaid prima donnas these days i had forgot but i think my point was surely half term week would have been better, plus i doubt they knew who the final was between in January when the dates were agreed.

That I agree, and I am not a football person either (thankfully neither is my husband) I actually only know this as we don't have speedway at Poole next week due to this Football match!

I wouldn't rule bomber out, he may not be on the best form atm but he is really good around poole. Could be the meeting he needs to kickstart his season...

That I agree, and I am not a football person either (thankfully neither is my husband) I actually only know this as we don't have speedway at Poole next week due to this Football match!

I used to be a football fan but became seriously disallusioned with it about 10 years ago, thankfully thanks to Sky one Evening in 1999 i rediscovered Speedway after about 10 years away!!

I wouldn't rule bomber out, he may not be on the best form atm but he is really good around poole. Could be the meeting he needs to kickstart his season...

Let's hope so :)

Take your point but i just think the guy has lost it, not just speed but his interest, his body language looks awful and the couple of times i have been in the pits b4 meetings with the kids this season getting autographs of riders they haven't already got he just looks fed up. Hope he comes back, as at his best he is great to watch but i fear we have seen the best of him,

Take your point but i just think the guy has lost it, not just speed but his interest, his body language looks awful and the couple of times i have been in the pits b4 meetings with the kids this season getting autographs of riders they haven't already got he just looks fed up. Hope he comes back, as at his best he is great to watch but i fear we have seen the best of him,

Ive noticed that, he just seems to stand there on his phone or something, havent seen him smile in a while :neutral:

Hes still his usual self coming off track though, miserable so and so :lol:

Hi Tomcat

The track you remember at MK, when you said the word "bowl" I knew it to be Elfield Park, that was the second track at MK, the first being Groveway Stadium, an old Dog Track.

Elfield Park was indeed like a Bowl, the viewing for the customers was terrific, everyone looking down at the track, nobody's feet were below the top of the safety fence

You would have seen me when you came to the tapes as I was the Start Marshal

They were really happy days, Speedway was fun, I've made some good mates over the years, Riders, Promoters, Mechanics, Refs, the list goes on

Sorry everyone didn't mean to hijack the thread