British Speedway Forum

"Harris, well he rode well buut I feel most in the stadium were a bit disappointed it went to him"

Tongue in cheek? Not sure. If I not I do know you are wrong.

What excited me after the meeting was thinking about the poor meetings I have been to and seen on Sky this season and to realise that my best evening of speedway so far this season was provided solely by British riders. I know some people will down that by saying the "best riders in the world" are not involved, but to be honest I just want exciting, passionate, exillerating racing (which the Elite League by and large does not provide anymore IMO) and the Brits went and provided it. Whether they went round Wimborne quicker or slower than Crumpy, Adams, Pedersen etc matters not a jot to me - I just need it to be exciting!

Couldn'tg agree more.

Indeed, excellent racing. Sadly another fab TV meeting ruined by the atrocious unprofessional commentators.

other way round,in my humble opinion!!!!!

Still, the fans that did turn up were entertained and by the sound of things it went down well with the majority of the armchair brigade.

I was an armchair fan tonight Steve, I would of given anything to be there as you all know down there I love a trip to Poole but 8hrs round trip on my own .... I don't think so.

Have to disagree there Steve, I was sat by Colin Pratt and we chatted quite a bit during the evening (as we do)

Oooooo ya likkle name dropper you :lol:

And mega congrats to Ed. Bloody brilliant.

What's this the Fairies are now Edward Kennett fans my how times change :P

what? is shouting professional then???

I didn't think they shouted as much as normal last night found it quite refreshing to have the volume at the same number all evening!

Unforunately agree. That bloke Lyons is out of his depth and has already made a howler in making Nicholls captain.

Made an even bigger one by predicting Richardson to win :lol:

Obviously the fans have started to boycott Poole already.

Or maybe not as has already been pointed out it was £20 entrance and a freebie to follow, the meeting wasn't put on by Poole it was just hosted at their track.

Anyway well done Chris Eddie and Tai. A great meeting on a good track.

And also very nice to see you and Mrs Brock on the tv., I did wave to you lol as well as to Tina.

To be fair they have been moving around a bit. It was at Monmore a couple of years ago which is a doddle to get to, though I take your point about making it a weekend to give people time to travel without taking time off work.

Now there's an idea 21stCH shall we book the hotels now just in case ..... woooohooooo another weekend away!! :approve:

I think it's quite obvious that Lewis needs some former world champion/world class rider in his pits

Lewis is doing ok for himself what he really needs though is encouragement, people are all to ready to put the lads down for one reason or another, he's grown up an awful lot since last season, maybe he's already been offered the help and turned it down.

So Harris won...Have noticed that he does seem to do better in individual meetings, when riding for himself. Better than when riding for a team....Is he not a team man??

I just got dejavu here wasn't this always said about Richardson?

Fantastic win for Bomber when it really mattered he came through ...... Hero of the night Edward Kennett (got my jacket on order for Cardiff) he just needs to become World Champion before 2012 and I'll be even more happy with the 200/1 bet I have on him and Lewis Bridger maybe at 150/1 before 2012 and I'll be chuffed to little mint balls with the pair of them if they both manage it they got 3 years! :approve:

I should choose another sport cos i disagree with you!

nicholls is very good at elite league level but will never cut it at gp level in my view after 70 attempts,the future is the likes of kennett,woffinden and harris ,thats my opinion and thats what this forum is about,opinion.

I don't care if we disagree, that is what the forum is about. But I feel it's pathetic when a speedway fan, presumably from GB, seems to be enjoying watching the GB captain having a bad run of form.

If your a fan of the sport and want GB to do well you would get behind him and not slag him off.

As i have said before he will never win a world championship but he has consistently been in the top 10 riders in the world over the last few seasons. Thats pretty good in my mind. Scott Nicholls is also an exciting rider to watch and gives everything in every race.

Sometimes supporters forget that speedway is given far more prominence in Denmark and Poland so the funding is better, the riders get given more. Our riders do not get it easy and that needs taking into consideration.

get behind him and cheer him on.

Unforunately agree. That bloke Lyons is out of his depth and has already made a howler in making Nicholls captain. An idiotic error. Will he have the courage to backtrack and take the captaincy from Nicholls, or continue with it to not lose face? I have a feeling it will be the latter.

Oh well hopefully he will fall on his sword after the SWC

I would hope that if Nicholls is still bang out of form come July that he will be dropped and another rider made captain - however the event is still seven weeks away. Would be foolish to make any rash decisions now.

Its a great shame though that you want Rob to fail before he has even led the team into a meeting.

Edited by Bagpuss

Like many British sports people i think the one`s who are more highly thought of are the people who nearly make it. Once you make it to the top the knives are out, David Beckham had it Lewis Hamilton had it last year but now people are behind Button more. Once they get to the top then people want to knock them down again soon enough.

Its a great shame though that you want Rob to fail before he has even led the team into a meeting.

No one in their right mine would want him to fail ..... if he fails then ...... TEAM GB fail.

Let's face it though with the exceptions what chance do we really have ...... although in all honesty that's a different thread :wink:

Is this a wind up about no National Anthem? I thought only professional sports with professional rules qualified.... :lol::blink:

Has it been played at previous British Finals then.....

Geez, some of you probably expected the riders to walk out on a long red carpet and the Union Jack to be raised and saluted on the centre green. :neutral:

Oh! and by the way, where were the fireworks at the conclusion of the meeting?

That is one thing that at the moment I am happy not to see.

If speedway is financially cash strapped then why waste money on two minutes of whoosh, bang, arhhhhhh!

What's this the Fairies are now Edward Kennett fans my how times change :P

A girl is allowed to change her mind isnt she.

Never disliked Ed, I just rarely saw him ride and never even shaken his hand.

Well, he's a Bee now and with that brings certain benefits :wink:

And I have found him to be a very polite young man with a great sense of humour.

Where can I order my Kennett Shirt ready for Cardiff

Is this a wind up about no National Anthem? I thought only professional sports with professional rules qualified.... :lol::blink:

Has it been played at previous British Finals then.....

Geez, some of you probably expected the riders to walk out on a long red carpet and the Union Jack to be raised and saluted on the centre green. :neutral:

Im serious about the anthem. It was our National Championship.

As Bomber stood on the podium having received his trophy the Anthem should have blasted around the whole stadium.

Instead it all fell very flat and photograhers decended!

Edited by Sandie

Where can I order my Kennett Shirt ready for Cardiff

Need something to go under your bomber shirt to keep you warm? :wink:

I dont think Scotty (or Bomber) would ever win a GP series to become World Champ. I do think he can win a GP as he's been 2nd and 3rd a few times so its only one or two steps up. He has made plenty of finals so at some stage maybe the cards will fall his way.

It just pi**es me off that some the GB supporters cannot get behind our guys. But then it's far easier to knock someone isnt it.

I guess that when Woofy gets into the GPs he'll be looked at as a potential world champ but then slagged off he he only gets to the same level as Scotty. Human nature is sad sometimes

I agree people are to quick to knock the brits

i thought the meeting was ok in the end with some good racing. The bloke who kept shouting 'whoaaa' at the top of his voice when 2 riders got close to one another was a bit annoying ;) and onto Average manipulation.. The comment i believe was 'matt made a big mistake by not leaving screen out of a meeting we had no chance of winning'. Isn't that average manipulation steve shovlar?;)

Edited by Jay

Perhaps Poole hadn't got a copy of the anthem?

Cheers to all Alan.

Perhaps the coffers are empty & they couldn't afford a copy now the budget has been busted for Andersen? :lol: