British Speedway Forum
PhilK

Fim Team Under-21 World Championship

This is the thing if it wasnt for injuries the British team would have probaly walked it as would have lined up as

Bridger,Woffinden,Barker,Roynon and then between Mear and Auty

Im sure that team would have seen off the Swedes and Aussies it just wasnt meants to be the Brits year likewise for the Brits lads in the U21 ind

well i kinda doubt that.

Sweden could have put this team on the track:

1. Tomas H Jonasson

2. Simon Gustafsson

3. Billy Forsberg

4. Ludvig Lindgren

5. Linus Eklöf

but neither Simon Gustafsson or Billy Forsberg could participate due to injury and

they are together with Jonasson our 3 best U21 riders.

Unforunately for Billy this was his last chance of a U21 team title as he'll be 22 y.o. next year.

Edited by Ghostwalker

Just emphasises my point Ghostwalker that none of the teams had the full strength team they would of wanted. Flagrog just took patriotism a bit too far with that misjudged and truely false post.

This is the thing if it wasnt for injuries the British team would have probaly walked it as would have lined up as

Bridger,Woffinden,Barker,Roynon and then between Mear and Auty

Im sure that team would have seen off the Swedes and Aussies it just wasnt meants to be the Brits year likewise for the Brits lads in the U21 ind

:lol: Thank you flagrag, that has made my day!

It's a British thing. The Germans can't be any good or they would ride in Britain.

:approve: I think you have summed it up nicely, I'm afraid...

GO SWEDEN!

Judging by the scores, and what's been said earlier in the thread, it looks like Lewis Bridger got injured in this. Anyone know how badly? Was the early diagnosis of a dead leg and double vision correct?

Edited by Khabiboulin

All due respect to the "Fab 4" who turned up to represent their country today, I salute you. However, once again, the "management team" - yes you, Rob Lyon - who made such loud noises about "bringing on the youngsters" have shamefully let down the team and the whole of British Speedway with this episode!

Rob Lyon isnt in charge of the U21, If I remember correctly, isnt that Dave Crouchers job? :unsure:

People always go on about why Britain have no riders, they just don't seem to have the will power. Mitchell had less time to be called up and still rode yesterday - British riders just dont seem to have the fight in them.

Edited by hardtobeat

I wouldnt be suprised if England are now stripped of holding this event next year as punishment for fielding an under strength team. I mean come on Brendan WHO?? It should be the first 5 riders from the british under 21 final and if riders refuse to go then follow polands example and ban them! why do england even bother entering if they are gonna ride with an under strength team...

well done to sweden germany and australia for fielding strong teams!!

I wouldnt be suprised if England are now stripped of holding this event next year as punishment for fielding an under strength team. I mean come on Brendan WHO?? It should be the first 5 riders from the british under 21 final and if riders refuse to go then follow polands example and ban them! why do england even bother entering if they are gonna ride with an under strength team...

well done to sweden germany and australia for fielding strong teams!!

Brendan has shown commitment to the GB cause and his own, by travelling to Hungary and Slovenia for world events, he is hungry to ride, so we should be letting guys like Bren ride, who wants to ride, no matter off whats on offer!

I mean come on Brendan WHO??

sorry but that is just plain disrespectful!

He is a guy who was there to be counted ................. if you have an issue with the strength in depth that we dont have then maybe you should point yourself in the direction of our union jack flying promoters :rolleyes:

At least Brendan goes to meetings like this.. c'mon UK... just 4 riders? I'm sure there are more u21 talented riders in the UK... shows the interest in riding abroad.. not :wink:.

We have been informed on german speedway forum that Germany's Team member Sönke Petersen is paraplegic from now on due to a heavy crash in Heat 5.

I can't really believe it,and i'm very sad now.This is a heavy blow to german speedway.i wish him all the best for his future,and i hope he can deal with it.

Edited by MunichMassive

From what I can gather Dave # Name Removed # did approach other GB under 21 rider's about this meeting only to be told that they couldn't committ to it, so give Brendan a break he made the effort where others failed. It's all cracking experience for him. He's coming back to a double header up in Scunnie on Friday with his national team the Isle of Wight. He's alway's looking for new sponsor's if there's anyone out there interested!!!!

We have been informed on german speedway forum that Germany's Team member Sönke Pedersen is paraplegic from now on due to a heavy crash in Heat 5.

I can't really believe it,and i'm very sad now.This is a heavy blow to german speedway.i wish him all the best for his future,and i hope he can deal with it.

Sad day, a talented rider.

primarily a very sad day for HIM

secondly a sad day for speedway in general and German speedway in particular.

This is the last thing speedway needs, another paralysed rider who will be in a wheel chair the rest of his life.

Its been too much of this the past few years with deaths and riers who have become paralyzed :(

im just waiting for the anti-speedway mafia* to start yell "ban speedway!!!, ban speedway!!!".

* in Sweden they are more commonly known as media.

Edited by Ghostwalker

I mean come on Brendan WHO??

Total respect to a rider prepared to travel hundreds of miles at personal expense to represent his country.

"Rob Lyon isnt in charge of the U21, If I remember correctly, isnt that Dave Crouchers job?"

Sorry, but Lyon is in charge of the "Team GB" set up and should take responsibility for this fiasco. Don't blame the monkeys when the organ grinder is in control ! All we have heard for the last two years is "let's develop the youngsters", and we can't even field a full team !!!!!!!!

We have been informed on german speedway forum that Germany's Team member Sönke Pedersen is paraplegic from now on due to a heavy crash in Heat 5.

Terrible news

My thoughts are with Sönke and all those close to him.