British Speedway Forum
PhilK

Fim Team Under-21 World Championship

I see Team GB have been drawn with Australia, Sweden and Germany in the 1st Semi Final.

The second Semi Final is taking place in Pardubice on the 6th June and features Denmark, Finland, Czech Republic and Russia.

Poland are seeded directly into the final.

Does anyone know the teams representing Australia, Sweden and Germany? Of particular interest as I will be making my first trip to a speedway meeting in Europe :approve:

Edited by PhilK

No details of teams as yet, you may find the FIM site helpful as it contains a map of Abensberg.

http://www.fim-live.com/fileadmin/alfresco...R1_Approved.pdf

Thanks for that Peatbog, most useful.

Have just found the line ups on of all places Wikipedia :blink:

Sweden

1. T H Jonasson

2. Billy Forsberg

3. Linus Eklof

4. Simon Gustafsson

5. Ludvig Lindgren

Germany

1. Kevin Wolbert

2. Max Dilger

3. Frank Facher

4. Tobias Busch

5. Sonke Petersen

Australia

1. Darcy Ward

2. Justin Sedgman

3. Kozza Smith

4. Richard Sweetman

5. Josh Grajczonek

GB

1. Simon Lambert

2. Brendan Johnson

3. Tai Woffinden

4. Lewis Bridger

5. Robert Mear

3 solid outfits there :)

and

go brendan :approve: good to see him getting called upto into the Under 21's and the 19's now a world cup, what a start to the season!

Quite surprised by Justin's inclusion before Aaron Summers.

more suited to a bigger track than Summers

3 solid outfits there :)

As Germany has home track advantage, which team do you not consider being a solid outfit? :unsure:

Anyway, looks a cracking meeting! Go Sweden!

As Germany has home track advantage, which team do you not consider being a solid outfit? :unsure:

Anyway, looks a cracking meeting! Go Sweden!

I was wondering that myself,unless it was GB :blink:

I think Sweden look too strong in this meeting though.In fact i think there is one strong team and 3 teams with one or two good riders.If Germany click there is potential,but there are too many inconsistent riders.....and Australia and GB have one or two very good riders and a few question marks......

Tbh,and i have said this for a few years,i would rather see a meeting like this at Güstrow.Abensberg isn't much of a home advantage.At a place like Güstrow,Germany could really have some advantage i think

Edited by iris123

I was wondering that myself,unless it was GB :blink:

I think Sweden look too strong in this meeting though.In fact i think there is one strong team and 3 teams with one or two good riders.If Germany click there is potential,but there are too many inconsistent riders.....and Australia and GB have one or two very good riders and a few question marks......

Tbh,and i have said this for a few years,i would rather see a meeting like this at Güstrow.Abensberg isn't much of a home advantage.At a place like Güstrow,Germany could really have some advantage i think

Agree that Sweden look much the strongest line up on show.

Whats the Abensberg track like Iris123?

Thought I read somewhere it was a big track :unsure:

Agree that Sweden look much the strongest line up on show.

Whats the Abensberg track like Iris123?

Thought I read somewhere it was a big track :unsure:

I think Bavarian is the best to say just what the track i s like.That is way out of my area.But i have heard the same as you.But my thinking is that Abensberg is a track that most ride only once a year.Whereas a track like Güstrow at least some of the Northern guys will ride there 3 or more times and maybe practice there fairly often as well.

With all due respect to Brendan Johnson, is there any reason why he has been selected ahead of the likes of Josh Auty, Lee Smart and Kyle Hughes?

With all due respect to Brendan Johnson, is there any reason why he has been selected ahead of the likes of Josh Auty, Lee Smart and Kyle Hughes?

Dunno...but commitment to travel to Hungary and Krysko for Under 19's and 21's probably helps in the matter, still, all good experiance.

Yes Abensberg is a big, flat and fast 400m oval. It is the best of our tracks here in the south and usually hosts the most prestigeous meetings. Abensberg is a former Grand Prix venue. But it does not stage more than a couple of meetings each year. This doesn't give the German riders much of an home advantage, though most of them have ridden the track at least once or twice before. Still I can't see them beating any of the othere three teams. The second qualifyer in Czecho seems an easier route.

Just looking through the Speedway Star today, incredibly there is no information on this meeting!!

Surely our youngsters deserve better coverage :unsure: