British Speedway Forum
Rob B

Pedersen Breaks Finger Having Tantrum

Am i the only person who feels sorry for nicki? :unsure: Bless him...Though my brother has tantrums like that, so i am used to seeing it everyday anyway!

No I doubt you are the only one to sympathise with Pedersen.But there won't be many on here that defend him. It's quite clear that those in authourity don't want to see him equal Ivan's three in a row. And I think his tantrum was justified. A ban for the ref would be more like it or one for Olsen for once again preparing a poor track for the world's best to race on.

Funny how the tantrum by everybody's Mr nice guy Greg Hancock has been swept under the carpet. Telling the camera man to go away...what was wrong Greg? No one wanted to interview you about Monster drinks or were you just upset that you have been upstaged by the Red bull sponsorship for mr Crump

Truth of the matter Pedersen probably wanted a couple of weeks off, he can afford it and he can have time away from speedway getting the stench of another Pole's awful decision out of his nose. Then reappear in Copehagen fresh and ready for a win, referees intervention apart.

Am i the only person who feels sorry for nicki? :unsure: Bless him...Though my brother has tantrums like that, so i am used to seeing it everyday anyway!

yes :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I reckon that it is not working with Tatum. I maybe wrong but his bikes / setup do not seem right. Tonight in one race that he was in a good position as he came out of the bend but two riders just zoomed by on the straight and were a few bikes length infront by the next bend. There just seems to be no speed in his bikes. I think that he is using the same tuner (Marcel Gerhard) that Tatum used when he won his World Long track titles. Maybe he needs to try other tuners instead of being brainwashed by Tatum. It is possible to compete with skill on the smaller tracks but on the big track tonight it was vital to have a good setup.

his biggest issue last night was riding in no mans land......... scott really does make me despir sometimes with his on track decisions........ it was patently obvious last night that there were 3 choices 1) take your chances over the ruts 2) take the wide line and take your chances with having your nose cut off by the guys on the ruts 3) take a midtrack line when already in the lead to reduce the % chance of the ruts wiping you out

Scott managed to find a 4th option....... go mid track straight away in the first two bends when he had no lead and guys would be overtaking him on the inside and outside

Things really are extremely grim for Scott and he looks like he is in the middle of a disaster mentally and mechanically which added onto his gating is something from hell.................... I really cannot see the answer for him and 17th out of 15 riders says it all

No I doubt you are the only one to sympathise with Pedersen.But there won't be many on here that defend him. It's quite clear that those in authourity don't want to see him equal Ivan's three in a row. And I think his tantrum was justified. A ban for the ref would be more like it or one for Olsen for once again preparing a poor track for the world's best to race on.

Funny how the tantrum by everybody's Mr nice guy Greg Hancock has been swept under the carpet. Telling the camera man to go away...what was wrong Greg? No one wanted to interview you about Monster drinks or were you just upset that you have been upstaged by the Red bull sponsorship for mr Crump

Truth of the matter Pedersen probably wanted a couple of weeks off, he can afford it and he can have time away from speedway getting the stench of another Pole's awful decision out of his nose. Then reappear in Copehagen fresh and ready for a win, referees intervention apart.

actually i'd say the evidence points to the opposite................... what else is going to suit a gating tart such as Nicki more than slick tracks?............. the tracks this season have been a joke for their slickness and with the inevitable rutting happening at Ullevi, Parken and Cardiff it was important for the first two GP's to have a decent surface

Am I incorrect in thinking that Ash Holloway moved to Emil's camp from Nicki's? This would explain a lot if it was the case.............. Nicki is no longer on rocket ships....... once he is overtaken he is clueless and powerless...... but most of all we are seeing the old Nicki resurface.... he will always be a competitive guy but when he has a fight on his hands he starts behaving like a big baby offtrack and riding the man instead of the track (in all 3 gp's so far)

re: the incident ............. I think it was the correct decision........... but only by 55:45.......... a very hard one for the ref to call but ultimately he went from being behind Emil to partially infront of him in a split second and did not pass him cleanly..................... did Emil look for it to happen? If he did then he is nuts and he will get injured because we all saw how fast he came off and how fast Jason came towards him.......... I think this was one incident thats all to easy to look at in slow motion and make assumptions about Emil with...... in reality it all happened very fast from Emil cutting up the inside to reaching the fence too soon to looking around to the incident happening

If Nicki is hard done by then I still have no sympathy as in recent years he has been the worst for the 'Neilsen dying swan' act................... i'm voting for Nicki to spend his holiday in the Cook Islands and for there to be a transport strike for a couple of years ;)

and I certainly have no sympathy over his finger ........... while I have respect for his showmanship as it is exactly what the sport needs to attract fans he should note that the wrestlers on WWE only ever hit air with their fists............. Sam seemed to think it was a chair that he kicked but it wasnt it was an immense roll of garage towelling ....and they are not light... im suprised he hasnt broken his foot as well!

Anyone got any ideas where Nicki could go on his holiday ?

For a long walk off a short pier ... :lol:

It will be like a pimple on your face to NP...

He's contentious and entertaining...at least he gives us something to talk about, my god it would be boring otherwise :approve:

Not anymore Jacques, there's a new kid on the block.

Move over Pedersen, Emil's come to play. :lol:

LMAO at this, what are the chances when he only has about 6 fingers anyway !

On each hand??!! :o

He's not from Norfolk, is he? :blink:

actually i'd say the evidence points to the opposite................... what else is going to suit a gating tart such as Nicki more than slick tracks?............. the tracks this season have been a joke for their slickness and with the inevitable rutting happening at Ullevi, Parken and Cardiff it was important for the first two GP's to have a decent surface

Mate I agree with much of what you say but to call Nicki a gating tart is complete and utter bollocks.

with the inevitable rutting happening at Cardiff

Really looking forward to Cardiff now spook!! :P

Really looking forward to Cardiff now spook!! :P

Well, they had to come up with some form of pre-match entertainment that would draw in the crowds... :lol::wink:

After feeling rather upset about scott nicholls,i found nicki pedersens interview hilarious lol,what a mardy bum.well as for his holiday :P hes got one now hasnt he?classic hehe.he should calm down a bit then he wouldnt of hurt himself would he?