British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Tracy Bird

Vic Harding

spare a thought for vic harding who lost his life 30 years today at hackney 8th june 1979.still remembered as a really nice lad at weymouth.also thoughts for steve weatherley who was badly injured in the same accident.

Edited by Tracy Bird

i was there that night it was an awful accident and one i will never forget. it's hard to believe it was so long ago RIP vic.

Very Very sad day for speedway that night :sad: R.I.P. Vic

I was just thinking about that night I was only 14 and now 30 years on can still clearly remember it

RIP Vic and Best Wishes to Steve

Seems like only yesterday, I also remember reading an article in the Backtrack mag from someone who was there that night and their memories a real moving account.

RIP Vic.

as a young nine year old then .. being there that night has always been a sad memory of my youth.

witnessing the awful tragic accident unfold right in front of me at the start line area has stuck in my memory through the past 30 years , and comes back to haunt me when i see any other awful accidents in our beloved sport or any other.

The loss of any rider is tragic .. and never forgotten by anyone witnessing it however young or old.

gone but never forgotten .

RIP Vic

I cannot believe it is thirty years since that fateful night. I was there and I will never forget, many peoples lives were changed for ever, our beloved sport can be so cruel at times. Rest in peace Vic your memory burns as bright as ever. best wishes to Steve and all of Vics family and friends.

tony