British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
father jack

Has Anyone Raced Against 3 Generations

Morton and Pymar wouldn't have been racing when Nicky came on the scene (but could have raced against Tommy & Guy). How about Jimmy Squibb, Pat Flanagan or Ken McKinlay ? Can't think of anyone else riding over the period early 50's to mid 70's.

Ronnie Moore rode from 1950 - 1972. Barry Briggs 1952 - 1975.

Norbold, Briggo rode for Hull in 1976

Edited by Robbie B

Neil Street and Jason Crump are first and third generation Streets. Phil and Jason Crump are first and second generation Crumps. In no context is Neil Street any generation of"Crump" and equally Phil can't qualify any generation of "Street"

But that's not the issue and is pure semantics. :rolleyes: As Jason's father AND his grand-father were riders, then this MUST mean he a third generation Speedway rider; and - as it happens (to return to the question posed by this thread..) - we have uncovered one rider (Gordon Kennett) who has raced against all three of these 'generations'... :approve:

I don't think Moore could have ridden against Nicky but certainly Briggo could have (I don't have the records to confirm or not).

And I would query the three Allotts as well - with Guy very unlikely to have been in action against Alan Grahame (big chance for someone to prove me wrong :unsure: )

The accident that ended Guy Allott's career was in 1963 when he fell off the tractor at Sheffield. I think Alan Graham started riding a few years after that.

I don't think Moore could have ridden against Nicky but certainly Briggo could have (I don't have the records to confirm or not).

I think you are probably right. Nicky's debut was in 1972. He rode in two matches for Hull in the Second Division. His First Division debut was in 1974 when he rode in just one match for Belle Vue and then rode for Sheffield in 17 matches in 1975.

Neil Street and Jason Crump are first and third generation Streets. Phil and Jason Crump are first and second generation Crumps. In no context is Neil Street any generation of"Crump" and equally Phil can't qualify any generation of "Street"

You are correct. P1928 is wrong in a more recent Post. But it's useless pursuing it with him...he just does not give up! :rolleyes:

But that's not the issue and is pure semantics. :rolleyes: As Jason's father AND his grand-father were riders, then this MUST mean he a third generation Speedway rider; and - as it happens (to return to the question posed by this thread..) - we have uncovered one rider (Gordon Kennett) who has raced against all three of these 'generations'... :approve:

See the previous message. I couldn't link the quotes!

You are correct. P1928 is wrong in a more recent Post. But it's useless pursuing it with him...he just does not give up! :rolleyes:

This is because you are WRONG. There ARE three generations of rider involved here. Rider; his father; his grand-father..

How is that NOT three generations of Speedway riders..?! :blink:

And DON'T merely repeat that Street isn't Phil's father - we all know that.. THAT'S not the issue at all! :rolleyes:

This is because you are WRONG. There ARE three generations of rider involved here. Rider; his father; his grand-father..

And DON'T merely repeat that Street isn't Phil's father - we all know that.. THAT'S not the issue at all! :rolleyes:

Sorry, are you telling me that Phil isn't Neil's son..?? :wink:

I have been to bed with 2 generations but thats another story i only scored 1 point for cumming 3rd :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Edited by Jolly Roger

Because family lines are always male descendents - Neil Street grandfather, then unrelated bloodline Phil Crump, direct blodline Jason Crump to Phil Crump...indirect line back to Neil Street via his mother. Therefore NOT three generations.

Jolly roger -do you mean you went to bed with two generations of speedway rider-are you a female-(in which case can I have your phone number) or are you gay-(not that there's anything wrong with that!!)

Jolly roger -do you mean you went to bed with two generations of speedway rider-are you a female-(in which case can I have your phone number) or are you gay-(not that there's anything wrong with that!!)

Sorry i thought it was just 3 Generations :rolleyes: could only manage the 2 Daughter and Gran :approve: :approve: