British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
father jack

Has Anyone Raced Against 3 Generations

Because family lines are always male descendents - Neil Street grandfather, then unrelated bloodline Phil Crump, direct blodline Jason Crump to Phil Crump...indirect line back to Neil Street via his mother. Therefore NOT three generations.

That's just nonsense!! :rolleyes:

I'm sure many maternal grandfathers will be extremely upset to be told their family connection to their grandchildren is "indirect"... :blink:

That's just nonsense!! :rolleyes:

I'm sure many maternal grandfathers will be extremely upset to be told their family connection to their grandchildren is "indirect"... :blink:

You really are not strong on genealogy. Suggest that you do a few google searches! :rolleyes:

You really are not strong on genealogy. Suggest that you do a few google searches! :rolleyes:

But we're not talking the finer points of "genealogy" are we..??!! :rolleyes: You love avoiding answering a question when you're wrong...!

So I'll ask it again.

As Jason's FATHER was a Speedway rider and his GRAND-FATHER was too (irrelevant that this was his mother's father...), in what possible way does this NOT make him (ie Jason) a third generation Speedway rider..??!! :unsure:

But we're not talking the finer points of "genealogy" are we..??!! :rolleyes: You love avoiding answering a question when you're wrong...!

So I'll ask it again.

As Jason's FATHER was a Speedway rider and his GRAND-FATHER was too (irrelevant that this was his mother's father...), in what possible way does this NOT make him (ie Jason) a third generation Speedway rider..??!! :unsure:

Generation (1): Alec Grant, Rob Grant (senior), Rob Grant (junior)

Generation (2) Guy Allott, Nicky Allott, Adam Allott

Notice something? :unsure:

Edited by speedyguy

Generation (1): Alec Grant, Rob Grant (senior), Rob Grant (junior)

Generation (2) Guy Allott, Nicky Allott, Adam Allott

Notice something? :unsure:

You're doing it again. This is utterly irrelevant. Jason Crump IS Neil Street's grand-father. Only YOU think that he somehow isn't because Street his on his mother's side of the family. God help your grand-kids if you regard any of them this way!!! :rolleyes:

Jason Crump IS Neil Street's grand-father.

How old IS Jason then ? :shock:

BTW, I agree with speedyguy, sorry.

Edited by Sotonian

You're doing it again. This is utterly irrelevant. Jason Crump IS Neil Street's grand-father. Only YOU think that he somehow isn't because Street his on his mother's side of the family. God help your grand-kids if you regard any of them this way!!! :rolleyes:

You have to be on a wind up on this, it is not a matter of opinion to agree with or disagree with, it is just fact. Neil Street, Phil Crump & Jason Crump are not 3 generations of the same family, never have been never will be and absolutely no matter how much crap you spout on the subject never will be.

Boys, boys, let's be civilised about this!!! This has caused more controversy than the thread on gay speedway riders!!!!!

You have to be on a wind up on this, it is not a matter of opinion to agree with or disagree with, it is just fact. Neil Street, Phil Crump & Jason Crump are not 3 generations of the same family, never have been never will be and absolutely no matter how much crap you spout on the subject never will be.

That's is the point. I accept that Neil Street is Jason Crump's grandfather on the maternal side. It's just that it's not a direct male generation thing from Street to the Crumps as P1928 seems to believe...Phil Crump's father is the link in the generation chain...except he wasn't a speedway rider. :unsure:

Edited by speedyguy

Nothing like a Parsloes/Speedyguy spat is there?

Actually can see both sides.

From Jason's point of view his Grandad and Dad were both riders so I can see Parsloes point of view, But looking from Neil Street's perspective Phil is only his son-in-law so I can see (for once) Speedyguy's view.

If pushed I would side with Parsloes on this one. But it would help his argument if he didn't say "Jason Crump IS Neil Street's grand-father".

Is there a rider who has riden against 3 Generations of Street - Crump ? I mean Neil Street, Phil Crump and Jason Crump. The only one I can think of is Les Collins, any one else got any ideas.

...was the question originally :rolleyes:

As mentioned Gordon Kennett would appear to be the best candidate - any others, I hear Larry Ross still rides occasionally?

Edited by JC!

Nothing like a Parsloes/Speedyguy spat is there?

Actually can see both sides.

From Jason's point of view his Grandad and Dad were both riders so I can see Parsloes point of view, But looking from Neil Street's perspective Phil is only his son-in-law so I can see (for once) Speedyguy's view.

If pushed I would side with Parsloes on this one. But it would help his argument if he didn't say "Jason Crump IS Neil Street's grand-father".

And I think the general overall opinion on this backs my definition! :lol:

You are an extremely unpleasant person... I trust that you will get a warning for this.. :mad:

Oh, and Neil Street (grand-father), Phil Crump (father) and Jason Crump are CERTAINLY "3 generations of the same family" as far as Jason's concerned!!! :rolleyes: I just feel that THAT might be the most important thing don't you...

You are an extremely unpleasant person... I trust that you will get a warning for this.. :mad:

Oh, and Neil Street (grand-father), Phil Crump (father) and Jason Crump are CERTAINLY "3 generations of the same family" as far as Jason's concerned!!! :rolleyes: I just feel that THAT might be the most important thing don't you...

I cannot see what's upset you about Jeff's Post. I thought it was excellent commentary (see an earlier Post). :wink: I think the point Jeff was trying to make was that the descents line was not three Streets but just two Crumps in a family line.

Edited by speedyguy