British Speedway Forum

If both riders have only been fined then that is not enough, okay speedway is a high charged sport, but there is no excuse for fighting on the track in full view of the crowd.

Fines will not mean anything to them especially Sayfutdinov, what is needed is ban's to send out a clear message that this sort of action will not be tolerated.

I would give out the following bans;

Sayfutdinov; 1 Grand Prix meeting ban for Ungentlemanly conduct.

1 Grand Prix meeting ban for failing to control his pit crew.

Nicholls; 1 Grand Prix meeting ban for Ungentlemanly conduct.

The only way to stop this kind of thing happening is through bans.

If both riders have only been fined then that is not enough, okay speedway is a high charged sport, but there is no excuse for fighting on the track in full view of the crowd.

Fines will not mean anything to them especially Sayfutdinov, what is needed is ban's to send out a clear message that this sort of action will not be tolerated.

why stop it ? my daughter has just texted me from a bar in town after seeing the incident on sky news . so it brought speedway to the attention of 150 people who would otherwise be oblivious to it's existence .

I don't mind it. It brings a bit of excitement into things, livens it up, and as long as no one gets seriously hurt, I don't see the problem :approve:

Was Boyce banned after punching Gollob ages ago? I don't remember.

Mods please leave this in general discussions.

Suuuuuuuuperb,great,the best entertainment you could have on and off the track!!!

points to discuss

1-Emil and scotts friendship!! if i remember correct craig boyce was kicked out of the british Gp at Hackney,has the rules changed.?

2- Track was just great but why has it taken so long?

3- crowd trouble between the poles and brits anyone that went please post your views on the GP

4-Hans Andersen using emil bike,is it allowed,how did hans pit crew feel when emils lot took over?

5-referee standards.If i was Nikki p i would have paid a visit to the ref to see the view hes got from his box?

6-any other points

Only saw it on a web feed, so we didn't see any of they crowd trouble, it was very briefly mentioned but no detail.

I think it says a lot about the level that speedway stands at in the world of sport that, in a major televised event, two riders can have a fist fight on the track and stay in the meeting; if I were Scott Nicholls I would've walked away, if I were Sayfutdinov, I'd be careful with that sort of attitude, in case I found someone a bit more experienced who didn't mind putting me in the fence.

Can't see the problem with Andersen using another rider's bike and crew; they're all meant to be built within the same set of rules and the best people to look after a bike are the people that normally do, and he explained in interview that his main bike packed up and his reserve wasn't up to the job.

Not a major fan of Pedersen, but I thought he was seriously hard done by, given the decisions the ref had made previously; I thought both of the incidents in that heat should've been all riders back, but given that Harris was excluded for his prang, then the only conclusion was that Andersen would be as well.

I imagine he didn't bother to complain because he knew it wouldn't do him any good, and he seems to be resigned to the fact that things aren't going his way and this isn't his year; maybe adopting that attitude will take some of the pressure off him and his results will improve.

Was Boyce banned after punching Gollob ages ago? I don't remember.

NO the other riders paid his fine and said they would go on strike if any ban was enforced . hope someone will start a collection to pay Scott;s fine

Edited by speedibee

Well that was a ruckus... good job Emil had his helmet on cos if the right hand Nicholls threw had connected with his chin who knows... It certainly affected Emil more, and it made me laugh that Emil kept his helmet on as he walked back through the pits where as Scottie looked like he could have carried on. Perhaps his inital reaction is more signs he is struggling with the pressure. Crump on the other was awesome well done to hjim and surely another world championship in the bag.

Edited by Sir Jasper

Emil has a lot to learn about GP Speedway if he though Scott was hard on him. Ashley Holloway showed himself to be a complete muppet in front of the cameras. He should be banned from pit area ,what happened was between the riders and he had no right giving Nichols the nudge on the way past.Better keep his glasses on next time he sees Nichols :lol:

Edited by Fromafar

If its true and they are fined that then its absolutly pathetic. I agree they should be banned for a Gp, you cannot condone violence like that in professional sport. end of.

The fact this very rarely happens now suggests such draconian punishments are not needed and that comes from a Nicholls fan who would get the lesser treatment.

Was the best cardiff gp imo. Crumpys to lose now. Emil and nicholls punch up nothing, seen it all before with matousek wilson, need more like that imo. However nicholls did nothing wrong but we need this to liven it up. :approve:

First person to post a screen capture of Nicholls on the floor crying like a baby whilst Sayfutdinov spanks his ass, wins a prize.

Good meeting with some decent races on a track that held up very well for a change.

Some dubious ref decisions and handbags between Nicholls and Softnuts.

Fair old scuffle with some p@ssed up Poles and some English fans on the upper tier.

Some entertainment from some Glasgow fans trying to dance to Bay City Rollers after one or two bevvies over their limit.

jason Crump never looked like he would lose it tonight.

Laughing so hard at Lindgren falling off the back of his bike pulling a celebration wheelie after the final.

Harris and Nicholls riding so much better.

And all for £17.50....thanks Eddie

I can understand both points of view regarding the Sayfutdinov/Nicholls fight but both are role models to our sport at the highest level. Emil is second in the GP series, hes the hottest speedway talent on the planet an exciting talented speedway rider we should be seeing this after a GP not his ablity with his fists. He had a tantrum with Pedersen before so its not the first time remember.

Think it was Reg Fearman, who many years ago, was furious that two riders were fighting in the pits, and promptly ordered them to go out and fight in front of the main grandstand!

Laughing so hard at Lindgren falling off the back of his bike pulling a celebration wheelie after the final.

They said something about that on sky but they didnt capture it, poor freddie :lol: .