British Speedway Forum

I had the unfortunate seat in seeing the trouble, sadly it involved messrs flint,cooper,tully,summers,robertson,mckinna,k morris and the entourage, im not sure if they started it but the stewards and police were involved, why is that these idiots are allowed into the stadium full of drink, there was young children in the crowd that witnessed this happening, these speedway riders and so called speedway riders should hang there head in shame.This was on the top tier of the stadium and could have caused a disaster. Many other fans filmed and took pictures of this so hopefully they will post them on the forum.

Disgusted

DRK

Not there myself so dont know the facts but Ive no reason to question what you say as these particular names are well known for this sort of behaviour. :angry:

Speedwaygp.com says the attandance was 42,000. What was last years as the crowd looked more sparse this year and I would suggest at least 5,000 less ?

I'm amazed more hasn't been made of Hans riding Emil's bike. This is an individual event and betting odds are fixed as such. Bookies set the odds on all sorts of factors, and if riders start swapping bikes i reckon bookies will stop laying odds. I know bikes are set up for the individual in many cases, but Kennett would not be 100/1 if Jason decided to lend him one of his rockets 2 minutes before the meeting. Those who backed Greg each-way, would have been hard done by when he was passed on the last lap by a lent machine. I'm sure the F.I.M. will put a stop to this!!!!!!

God I wish some people would get a life!! All they same to do is moan,moan,moan. Not many have made a big deal of it as you ask because it isn't a big issue to most sensible fans. Yes it is an individual event but what about when Greg Hancock and Billy Hamill were a team?, what about when Mark Loram and Leigh Adams were a team? I seemed to remember reading it was the best thing to happen to the sport as it made it look more professional. Yes I know Emil and Hans are not a team but they could be team mates at another club or best mates off track and to me if you are in trouble you try and help your friends. I am sure not many would of moaned if a rider had loaned a British rider a bike and he had won the final on it

Why is every one getting upset with Emil and Scott it was a school girl fight it spiced up the gp

I bet sky will show it on every advert for a gp from now on if so 1 will they get fined for bringing the sport into disrepute no and 2 Emil and Scott should get paid royalties and 3

Scotty should take lesson from Boyce

It might look inconsistant but IMHO this ref got the Nikki call right. I think that now someone has to tell refs to be aware of the speedway equivilent of diving and it looks like Nikki has got a pretty good ploy. All he does is lay on the back of the unsuspecting rider and steps off the bike. When it crept into football refs were caught out but now they're spotting it more. Because speedway is a more dangerous sport who is going to suspect a rider of deliberately falling off?

He was even ready with the hand gestures :rolleyes:

It might look inconsistant but IMHO this ref got the Nikki call right. I think that now someone has to tell refs to be aware of the speedway equivilent of diving and it looks like Nikki has got a pretty good ploy. All he does is lay on the back of the unsuspecting rider and steps off the bike. When it crept into football refs were caught out but now they're spotting it more. Because speedway is a more dangerous sport who is going to suspect a rider of deliberately falling off?

Going with that then Anderson took a "dive" to. :unsure:

Changeing the subject a bit what was Gollob jesticulating at Ulamek for in the semi or was Seb meant to keep out of his way so that Gollb could qualify for the final

Edited by sancho

Really enjoyed the whole day as usual. Re the alcohol. I love a beer and a boozy day as much as anyone. Drove yesterday so couldn't partake, but having been to over 80 football league grounds and been on some boozy away days by train, just cos' you drink it does't mean you have to kick off.

Going back to the first GP's at Cardiff, there was trouble with some Poole fans near us all booze related, and every year there is some form of incident. Sadly it appears that more security / police, and more regulating of who is sold booze is required. If you're in a pub, or at a football match, you don't get served if you are obviously off your face.

That way the people that don't drink, and the people that can enjoy a good drink sensibly can enjoy the day, and the people that can't don't ruin it for everyone around them.

Re Emil / Scott incident. They were meant to be in front of the jury straight after the meeting, so why hasn't news been put out as to what the punishment is? Would expect a fine, and suspended ban.

Finally, I know this comment has been made re football, but why use a ref from a speedway backwater like Germany. He called it the way he saw it, and not doubting he doesn't know rules, etc, but has he been involved in a meeting with as high proflie, and as much atmosphere as that before?

Crumpie was lucky to get back in with AJ, he looked like he leant back in. Bomber did connect with Hans, who would have stayed on if he could have held his postion, but dropped it when he saw he wasn't going to, and then the same thing happens with Nikki P, and he gives the opposite decision?

Have to say Nicholl's was completely at fault, There was NO need whatsoever to do what he did. Its also not the first time incidents involving him have occured. Such as taking out Chris Harris to name but one example.

You can see from the video that Nicholls made a dive under and attempted to take out the young Russian rider, In fact it was so tight that Emil's back wheel almost hit Scotts. Emil went up to have a word with Scott and probably to tell him rightly so that dangerous riding such as that is in NO way acceptable. This is where accidents happen! There's hard riding and there's deliberate taking out - This is the latter.

Its sad that young riders have such appauling role models such as Nicholls to look up to...

Very unprofessional behaviour.

I agree. If he's coming from an outside gate and doesn't hit the front, Pedersen tends to lean on the rider to his left going into the first bend and then slides off. It can appear that he has had his front wheel taken away, and his theatrical gestures are intended to further persuade the referee of his innocence.

The ref got the earlier "diving" call correct too when Holta dropped it after Sayfutdinov charged up the inside and took his line without making contact.

I do think Andersen was lucky (or Harris was unlucky) in the original start. It was a messy first/second bend which saw Andersen slow, leaving Harris with little chance of avoiding him, although Andersen did go down very easily.

I also thought Jonsson was unlucky when Crump slightly changed direction and their paths converged.

Have to say Nicholl's was completely at fault, There was NO need whatsoever to do what he did. Its also not the first time incidents involving him have occured. Such as taking out Chris Harris to name but one example.

You can see from the video that Nicholls made a dive under and attempted to take out the young Russian rider, In fact it was so tight that Emil's back wheel almost hit Scotts. Emil went up to have a word with Scott and probably to tell him rightly so that dangerous riding such as that is in NO way acceptable. This is where accidents happen! There's hard riding and there's deliberate taking out - This is the latter.

Its sad that young riders have such appauling role models such as Nicholls to look up to...

You must have a different video to me then. Some of the other manouvers must have had you hiding under the table :wink:

Completely wrong.Emil spat out his dummy big time,Nicholls had every right to be livid with Emil after he almost fenced him coming out of turn two on lap one,it was hard racing from Nicholls and if Emil cant take it then he is better off out of the GP series.As for the Russians pit crew,what a complete disgrace they are.

You must have a different video to me then. Some of the other manouvers must have had you hiding under the table :wink:

I agree i dont thing Scotty did anything wrong, This russian kid is good but he does seem to spit the dummy out quite a bit, what was really disgraceful is when his pit crew ( i think it was ashley holloway) had a poke at Scott in the tunnel. Emil no doubt has the skill to go right to the very top of our sport but IMO he needs an attitude change.

Completely wrong.Emil spat out his dummy big time,Nicholls had every right to be livid with Emil after he almost fenced him coming out of turn two on lap one,it was hard racing from Nicholls and if Emil cant take it then he is better off out of the GP series.As for the Russians pit crew,what a complete disgrace they are.

you posted it as i was writing it lol !!

I'm referring to the last bend, where you can see the way Nicholls is riding is aggressive and moving the Russian rider wider and wider and when they reach the straight Nicholls actually moves directly in line in front of Emil and you can see that his dirt deflector and back wheel miss Emil's back wheel by inches. Obviously Emil would have had to shut off to avoid quite a pile-up.

I ride speedway myself and aggressive riding such as this is quite frankly dangerous and un-called for. Yes there is hard racing, but deliberately taking out other riders is unacceptable and is what leads to alot of accidents in speedway that shouldn't happen.

Is this meant to be a wind up because if not I dont think you should bother watching anymore speedway if you think nicholls was at fault.