British Speedway Forum

would it be possible for me to vote for the SNP as the sooner we get shut of you lot the better .There are of course a number of Edinburgh supporters this does not apply to. Not least Mike Hunter who is a credit to Scotland and Edinburgh speedway unlike you . If you wish to support a Dane that's fine by me but booing English riders and waving Danish flags at the british Gp with the intent of winding up the people who are there to support the home countries riders is not . And yes the English girl waving a Danish flag was a disgrace as well

Dont see the problem with it, it has been going on in speedway for years. Fans have a tendency to support their clubs riders before their countries. Remember the Test matches of the 80s between England and the USA and Denmark, there used to be plenty of home fans in the crowd with American or Danish flags supporting the likes of Penhall, Sigalos, Nielsen, etc..Speedway has never been as tribal as football in that sense. And for its worth I am proud to be both British and Scottish :approve:

Your a disgrace mitch ;)

Speedibee you think i pay 30 odd quid for a ticket, £100 in petrol another £30 on a room 50-60 on beer £6 on a Danish flag JUST to wind up supporters at a GP?

Your deluded mate you really are. As you have pointed out there are no Scots in the GP therefore i support Hans who happens to be a Dane. So by your thinking the only flags allowed into the GP should be English and Union flags.

Again i have to ask what my club has to do with who i support in a GP i just dont get how the two are linked.

would it be possible for me to vote for the SNP as the sooner we get shut of you lot the better .There are of course a number of Edinburgh supporters this does not apply to. Not least Mike Hunter who is a credit to Scotland and Edinburgh speedway unlike you . If you wish to support a Dane that's fine by me but booing English riders and waving Danish flags at the british Gp with the intent of winding up the people who are there to support the home countries riders is not . And yes the English girl waving a Danish flag was a disgrace as well

Why are people who support non-English riders a 'disgrace'? Unless you bought their tickets you have no say in who they support and should mind you own business!

:rolleyes:

Why are people who support non-English riders a 'disgrace'? Unless you bought their tickets you have no say in who they support and should mind you own business!

:rolleyes:

Exactly Lupus.

Maybe we could start banning away fans from league meetings too.

If there are child friendly zones, air horn free zones, can I suggest a large person zone.

My partner and I spent £67 each for seats in the stadium and on both sides of us were oversized people who completely filled their seats and spilled over onto ours. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against large people and I'm not being discriminatory against them, after all I'm not exactly skinny myself. I was annoyed to have paid all that money for decent seats and not be able to sit and watch the meeting in comfort. I even gave up filling in my programme because I couldn't move.

Isn't it time there was a section in the stadium where larger framed people could book seats and sit in relative comfort.

I know this post is non-PC and I mean no offence to anyone.

Everyone has their favourite gp riders and are entitled to support them! :approve:

My eldest son treated me to a seat at the GP and he and his fiancee chauferred me there and back. I thought the racing was great but the deafening gas horns right behind my ears and the constant to and froing of people buying beer and spilling it spoiled a good day. I suffer from arthritus and cannot get up quickly. These people were just pushing me before I could move.

Also, I personally don't like the fact Silver Bee has been named/dragged into this however it was done or whatever the intent. IF someone wanted his input, a PM would have been a much better way to go about it, he could have confirmed/denied your story that way and posted when he felt like it.

It's also interesting to note that the Poels were getting the blame to start with as were a number of rider accusing of wading in who were not even there at the time, maybe it's time for one or two people to stop adding 2+2 and dirtying the names of innocent people. I suggest a few people edit posts on here.

Get over yourself SCB, I mentioned (not dragged) SilverBee for the simple reason the name was said by Ben at our hotel when he was saying what had happend, if what he says is true then SilverBee could actually CLEAR his (Bens) name!!!!

we were also sat on the 3rd/4th bend and you cant just blame the poles from what we saw certain riders seemed to in the thick of it and not just to defend themself theses should no better even though they are not riding the still represent speedway the whole lot of the should have been thrown out

in response to the original question, no, alcohol shouldn't be banned from being sold. Banning alcohol is not the main issue here, what should be discussed is the issue of responsibility. Most people are sensible but sadly, you nearly always get a section of people who just pile the drink down one after the other until they're so legless they can't even remember who they are or anything. If people actually took responsibility and looked after themselves, it wouldn't cut it out complete but hopefully/probably cut down such behaviour. People should know their limits and act accordingly, and if they can't be sensible, they should be booted out of the stadium. I wouldn't want my evening at speedway to be ruined by drunken louts and no-one should have to experience that.

The British Grand Prix is the one day of the year where citizens across the UK (no matter whether they are from Scotland, Wales, England, Northern Ireland, wherever) come together and meet new people, as well as possibly catching up with friends they don't get to see that often and go to enjoy the whole spectacle of not just the day, but the weekend away. We should be proud to be able to say we're British but sadly, the behaviour of some has knock on effects for everyone and thus, we all get generalised in the same boat.

Right ok how about this for an idea?

each person can only get 4 alcoholic drinks while in the stadium. This wont be controlled by a stamp on the back of the persons ticket. Once this was full no more drink would be given to this person. Also all this i lost my ticket blah blah stuff wouldnt work. No ticket no drink.

Just one suggestion.

Nice top up to the eight already consumed outside.............

Personally i never saw any trouble inside or outside of the stadium, never saw any Police either!!

Cannot see the enjoyment of getting plastered only to miss the racing, i had 3 before and a couple after the meeting. :blink:

Edited by topaz325

I wouldnt restrict the drinking Topaz was just a wee suggestion

If someone wants to pay 30 40 50 quid to sit pissed then thats upto them.