British Speedway Forum

They sell alcohol in the stadium???

Do you think they were giving it away then........might explain why people were getting 5 or 6 at a time though :unsure::blink:

They sell alcohol in the stadium???

yeah. £5.50 for pint and a half. yikes !!!!!

i must have been lucky.

only saw a group of guys (who probably druck a few to many)near me,who really were just in a very party mood ie trying to start a conga and hokey cokey when the music cam on.

but i suppose some people might see it as drunken behaviour !!!!!!

Well, I was definitely there for a good 2 hours, so if you can't remember then I guess that says it all! :D

Yep that says it all ...... I do remember now saying bye :lol: in my defence here I had a raging headache am guessing it was from the stadium sound system and no not a hangover headache even I can tell the difference. I felt like a wilting flower :wink:

I just happened to come onto this site and saw that all the threads were about the misuse of alcohol at Cardiff and nothing about the meeting itself.

It is really sad to see that that something we prized as a "Family Sport" is being ruined by these people who cannot go to a meeting to enjoy the racing, but have to get drunk and spoil it for everyone else around them.

Cardiff is not a cheap event to attend so these people who spend so much on alcohol, must have more money than sense.

There was enough action going on on the track without the extra fighting in the stands, so I think the only solution is to ban alcohol completely from the GP and, as others have said, refuse entry to those who are already too inebriated.

This may upset many of the true fans who like a drink during racing, but surely it is the best way to go to save our reputation as a family sport?

only saw a group of guys (who probably druck a few to many)near me,who really were just in a very party mood ie trying to start a conga and hokey cokey when the music cam on.

What a disgrace, how dare they enjoy them selves, they must sit down at once and fill out their programmes in silence.

I did'nt really expect a defense for Barker as he more than likely told the young lad to spit on the Poles .

He is also responsible for the problems in the middle east and global warming.

The missus and me had a good laugh with the p1ssed-up Poles mid-tier bend 4. I was waving their Gollob flag as they wore our Swindon and England hats.

Perhaps there should be more alcohol controls though.

He is also responsible for the problems in the middle east and global warming.

and dont forget he is also responsible for Scotts poor form this season!!!!

In all honesty this is the first time I've ever seen fighting at Cardiff in the stadium in 9 years.

I accept that there were not only Polish fans being rowdy, aggresive or inconsiderate. I accept that the majority of Polish fans are decent people and that some of the English supporters can be, and are, just as bad and I accept that my 'Polish free zones' comment may have been ott BUT I was angry. It is our one, really special day of the year, just me and him, without his sisters and yet he doesn't want to go next year because he was scared and didn't like the aggresion shown to me.

Don't get me wrong, I am a doorman, 6,3" and 18 stone and deal with drunken morons every week, but when I am working, Idon't have to worry about the safety (physically and mentally) of my 6 year old Son. I've never taken my boy to a pro football game because of loutish behaviour and always thought we would be free of this at Speedway, but it would seem not so I won't be going again and will use the money to take him somewhere else next year, somewhere we will both feel safe.

Argh - just replied to loads of quotes but lost it.

Summary -

Ben Barker isnt innocent but he certainly wasn't as bad as everyone makes out.

One day though he will also be a 'has-been' or maybe Bird, he will just be another 'never made-it!!!' :wink::lol:

Seb was there Bird - I dragged him back for Pizza!!

Alcohol - I am normally duty driver but Cardiff weekend - the car is parked and I enjoy a tipple or two. So Im happy that there was beer in the stadium.

As for the wet clothing and programmes (sorry to those it happened too) but surely pints of lemonade and coke would have made them just as wet!

other bits I may remember later!

Edit - Horse - will you be putting some photos on facebook - I havent seen it yet!!!! :lol:

Edited by Sandie

I was just thinking the same, I spoke to him at the hotel and he gave his version of events, a forum members name was mentioned so maybe if they could post their version of events then this could clear Bens name :wink: When I told him what I heard had happened he said oh great my name is going to be all over the forum tomorrow for this.

Could be worse Ben you could be getting slated for calling certain ex-riders "Has Beens"

I cannot believe you spoke to him and are now defending him! :blink:

Come off it shazzy; that's a very selective version of what Ben said back at the hotel. :blink:

If what he said what true then he deserves everything that he gets. I wasn't going to post anything about this, but I'm not having you make out that he was a saint when quite clearly he wasn't. :rolleyes:

We were sat close enough to see the whole thing kick off and how he seemed to constantly wind others up! We had our own "eagle eye" that misses nothing!

Ben Barker isnt innocent

Quoted for future reference! :approve:

Although FWIW I don't believe the rumours circulating in our hotel this morning that he was also involved in Jacko's untimely demise on Thursday. B)

We also had some supporters behind us who were absolutely bladdered. However, they were British. They were stumbling aroind and kept coming along the row and trying to talk to us and pat us on the head, one in particular made quite a nuisance of himself. Although I know they were only drunk, I did feel very uncomfortable with them there, I didn't know what they were gonna do next. My son, who is 20, told one of them to p off. We were right at the top and there were plenty of seats and we moved a couple of times to get away from them, but they still bugged us. Made me laugh though, they were a constant nuisance to us and others all through the meeting, stumbling around and spilling beer everywhere, then one of them decides to light a cigarette, and then an army of security guards came up, shouting and being very aggressive towards them, threatening to kick them out of the stadium. As I said there was plenty of spare seats all around us and them having a cigarette wouldn't have affected anyone, but the heavies come charging in for that and forget about the constant drunken disruption to others. Before anyone says anything I know smoking is forbidden in the Stadium and it was wrong of them to light up, but it just seems so stupid to let them get away with the rest of it, but cause trouble over a cigarette that wasn't gonna hurt anyone.