British Speedway Forum

Ben Barker isnt innocent but he certainly wasn't as bad as everyone makes out.

One day though he will also be a 'has-been' or maybe Bird, he will just be another 'never made-it!!!'

Seb was there Bird - I dragged him back for Pizza!!

Ben Barker certainly isn't innocent but if SilverBee can confirm his "Story" it might go in his defence :wink:

Sandie not sure what words Ben was looking for when he was talking out his butt calling ex-riders "Has beens" when he gets his head together maybe he could let me know and I might forgive him :wink:

I cannot believe you spoke to him and are now defending him! :blink:

Not defending him as such especially after his comments earlier in the evening, maybe something else happened before anyone saw the rest :wink:

So out of all of you who have moaned,groaned,whinged,complained,slagged this and that off not going next year :wink:

I had a great time I'll be there I go to watch the speedway not the pre meeting entertainment :approve:

I have never seen Ben Barker move so quick as he did last night!!! :rolleyes:

1st time was when he launched himself into the thick of the action, and 2nd is when the boys in blue turned up!!!! Or was he just off to the bar!!!! :shock::wink:

Quoted for future reference! :approve:

Although FWIW I don't believe the rumours circulating in our hotel this morning that he was also involved in Jacko's untimely demise on Thursday. B)

ouch - selective editing!!!!! :rolleyes:

the reason that i could see for people carrying 3/4 pint carriers was probably the shocking bar and food queues ! :blink:

i missed 4 races when queing,so decided to get 2 rounds in at once.

a steward told me that the top seats only had two bars, one on each straight.

so this might not of helped, as buying 1-2-3 rounds at once is just silly.mind you still does'nt make loutish behaviour ok !

if you can't handle it - don't drink it.

So out of all of you who have moaned,groaned,whinged,complained,slagged this and that off not going next year :wink:

Keith M - I think some people won't be happy until the British GP is held in a library. :rolleyes::wink:

All the best

Rob

Guess I got lucky. I was in the top tier surrounded by Poles, a few Danes, and a large family from some Eastern European country that I couldn't work out what it was.

The Poles in particular were drinking pint after pint all night (including the women), yet none of them seemed to get drunk at all. Apart from cheering their favourites loudly, the only thing they did was to spend the meeting swapping scarves and passing cameras back and forth to take pictures of each other.

Pretty much our experience too. Hard to work out if you and we were just lucky or whether that was the general experience and the ones who had problems were in the minority.

I have never seen Ben Barker move so quick as he did last night!!! :rolleyes:

1st time was when he launched himself into the thick of the action, and 2nd is when the boys in blue turned up!!!! Or was he just off to the bar!!!! :shock::wink:

What boys in blue?? and he didn't launch himself into the thick of the action, I think you had a few to many beers!! Plus Barker didn't buy any drink at the stadium.

What a disgrace, how dare they enjoy them selves, they must sit down at once and fill out their programmes in silence.

That is a very silly and insulting thing to say.

I am always amazed that so many people believe that to have a "good time" it is necessary to get as drunk as possible. Admittedly, I once felt the same but then grew up and realised that having a good time is a state of mind and has nothing to do with how quickly anyone can get intoxicated.

Being considerate to others who also want a good time, is acting responsibly. If others want to have a few drinks, that is their decision but why must I and others have to suffer the nauseating sight and smell of drunks?

What boys in blue?? and he didn't launch himself into the thick of the action, I think you had a few to many beers!! Plus Barker didn't buy any drink at the stadium.

You must of had too many beers, if u didn't see 2 police officers present!! Cos i definatly saw them as did people around me!!!! But then again if you are one of Bens entourage, its a wonder you seen anything last night!!! :wink:

Ben Barker certainly isn't innocent but if SilverBee can confirm his "Story" it might go in his defence :wink:

I was sat with SB or more or less with him all night, he didn't (nor did I) see where Ben was at the time of the incident, we know he was around but that is it. All either of us can say is we did not see him getting involved.

Sadly, trouble has kicked off in an area where a number of riders were sat, they're now being accused of something just for being "name" in the area at the time.

Also, I personally don't like the fact Silver Bee has been named/dragged into this however it was done or whatever the intent. IF someone wanted his input, a PM would have been a much better way to go about it, he could have confirmed/denied your story that way and posted when he felt like it.

It's also interesting to note that the Poels were getting the blame to start with as were a number of rider accusing of wading in who were not even there at the time, maybe it's time for one or two people to stop adding 2+2 and dirtying the names of innocent people. I suggest a few people edit posts on here.

I was sat with SB or more or less with him all night, he didn't (nor did I) see where Ben was at the time of the incident, we know he was around but that is it. All either of us can say is we did not see him getting involved.

maybe it's time for one or two people to stop adding 2+2 and dirtying the names of innocent people. I suggest a few people edit posts on here.

With respect SCB, if neither you or SB saw what had happened or who was involved, how do you know who is or isn't "innocent"? :unsure: