British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DarrenCook

Gb World Cup Team

When do GB announce their team for Thursday evening?

Is there a set time as in other more professional sports or will it just be squeezed out at some random juncture?

And here we have it in a nutshell - Scott bring critisized for signing loads of autographs and taking the time for pics and a chat with Witches fans on Thursday night!

I was there in the pits and the excitment amongst the kids who got his autograph and spoke to him was great to see - these kids are the future fans of this sport so ANY rider that takes time to encourage them and make them feel special should be applauded regardless of people personal opinions on that rider (most of which is based on gossip and hear say)

By your own admission Shazzy you HATE Lee Richardson, I guess he must of done something terribly personally to you in order for you to feel that strongly (or you're just being mellowdramatic?) yet you sit there and try and turn a simple fact that Scott was making kids nights as something he should do because others do it - Scott does a lot more for the fans in the pits than a hell of a lot of riders I've seen at Ipswich in recent times, so how about you stop slating a guy for doing something you imply he should be doing as a matter of course anyway!

He has always been really good with the fans at Coventry, People at the top are there to be shot down and scott is having a tough time. I havn`t much time for much of the crap said on here so i doubt he would.

If Scott had have been in that team instead of Eddie or Tai then would we be talking in same way about the team that managed to beat Slovenia .??

I just don't get the attitude tbh .......... is this the 'British attitude' in full flow? ............. ie 'something positive is happening so lets concentrate on the negatives even if we arent quite sure if they are a negative' ............. don't we criticise our sportsmen for being infected with doubt and negativity? How can we expect our riders to hit their full potential if we are lurking behind every corner to have a pop at them?

...... and lets face it we arent actually just talking about 'a pop' with Scott are we? When we look back at some of the stuff posted about him over the last few years anyone would think he had committed mass murder!

Until it is explained by RL, Scott or someone else involved then I don't see how any kind of speculation does the team any good...... and tbh I hope it is all left until after the campaign if it is to come out

I just don't get the attitude tbh .......... is this the 'British attitude' in full flow? ............. ie 'something positive is happening so lets concentrate on the negatives even if we arent quite sure if they are a negative' ............. don't we criticise our sportsmen for being infected with doubt and negativity? How can we expect our riders to hit their full potential if we are lurking behind every corner to have a pop at them?

...... and lets face it we arent actually just talking about 'a pop' with Scott are we? When we look back at some of the stuff posted about him over the last few years anyone would think he had committed mass murder!

Until it is explained by RL, Scott or someone else involved then I don't see how any kind of speculation does the team any good...... and tbh I hope it is all left until after the campaign if it is to come out

Absolutely spook, it is the British disease isn't it?

Whether you like him or loathe him Scott Nicholls has in the past given of his best for his teams and his Country. It was entirely up to him if he decided to go to Peterborough or not and certainly none of our business. He is probably one of the most sociable riders in Speedway and the time he spends with fans is enormous. Try having a chat with the likes of Gollob and a few more of the top riders whether they be Brits, Aussies, Danes or Poles. One thing Scott realises is that the fans at the end of the day pay his wages.

Many top riders think they are a cut above fans, something special but at the end of the day they all come into this world with nothing and leave with nothing.

The same Gollob who unfortunetly missed out on his last ride with terrible terrible bike problems and he was clearly unable to ride it as he coasted round the track on it in a desperate attempt to make to start before the 2min warning was up, he looked throughly dejected and heartbroken of letting down his many UK fans that had paid to turn up......

Yet nobody seems to be mentioning that, imagine if Scott had of done it? These forums would of gone into meltdown!

The same Gollob who unfortunetly missed out on his last ride with terrible terrible bike problems and he was clearly unable to ride it as he coasted round the track on it in a desperate attempt to make to start before the 2min warning was up, he looked throughly dejected and heartbroken of letting down his many UK fans that had paid to turn up......

Yet nobody seems to be mentioning that, imagine if Scott had of done it? These forums would of gone into meltdown!

Your joking right ? if Team gb had won and scott had missed his last ride no one would had given a monkeys .

I for one had time off work and made the long trip to see Mr Gollob.

And yes felt really let down on his non appearance in the last heat.

Your joking right ? if Team gb had won and scott had missed his last ride no one would had given a monkeys .

Oh I think they would orion.

There are quite a few on the forum that pretend they don't care about him, but yet watch him with intensity to see if there anything they can use to have a go.

When do GB announce their team for Thursday evening?

Is there a set time as in other more professional sports or will it just be squeezed out at some random juncture?

No doubt there will be a set time for the team to be announced to the correct authorities.

Football i assume you are saying as a more professional sport but they don't have to confirm there team until an hour before kick-off.

I for one had time off work and made the long trip to see Mr Gollob.

And yes felt really let down on his non appearance in the last heat.

Well you seen him for four races, it wasn't as though he didn't turn up. It is a team event and his team couldn't do no more or no less on the night . Imagine if he had of went out and done what you wanted him to do and he had got injured :rolleyes: You never hear football fans complaining that they took time off work when their star player is taken off after 70 minutes if their team is winning 3-0,4-0 etc to save him for the next match do you? Yet again speedway fans finding something petty to whinge about

Sorry mis-understood not a whinge. Was really looking forward to

the race with Jason Crump thats all. When you support a guy and

only get to see him ride a couple of times a season you have to make the

most of it. Also I have only just joined the

forum and am getting used to the in's and out's of it all.

Sorry mis-understood not a whinge. Was really looking forward to

the race with Jason Crump thats all. When you support a guy and

only get to see him ride a couple of times a season you have to make the

most of it. Also I have only just joined the

forum and am getting used to the in's and out's of it all.

Okay sorry for saying it was a whinge if it wasn't but as you have just joined the forum you will not know that for some members whinging is their number one topic. Welcome to the forum anyway

Yep, welcome aboard Ando! :approve:

As KEITH M has just pointed out, you will soon get to see who the whingers are!

Normally whinge about trivial stuff like what commentators say, what the pit girl is like, pointing out spelling/grammar mistakes or having a go at Scott Nicholls for any number of reasons.

Also expect to see plenty of banter or vitriol about Britain!

Other than that, enjoy yourself! :lol:

No doubt there will be a set time for the team to be announced to the correct authorities.

Football i assume you are saying as a more professional sport but they don't have to confirm there team until an hour before kick-off.

'No' would have sufficed.