British Speedway Forum

Personally, I have an opinion. Scott did leave Emil hanging out to dry. Did ya notice how he was looking over his shoulder as he rode him wide? If he was a bit less blatant, it would have been shrugged off, so I don't blame Emil for being p$$$ed off. However, I will say this. I was proud of Scott for sticking up for himself the way he did. He walked back to the pits, and took his helmet off whilst Emil (who appears to be a little fireplug, and no offence meant to him) was giving Scott crap while walking with his mechanic and only took his helmet off after he got back to his pit stall. I don't know, it was all a bit funny, and it did make good viewing. Quite sure the politico correctos wont agree, but it showed two racers who were wound up and passionate about their racing. I give them a draw. I do think Emil is a great prospect, he is a natural. As for Scott, I like him too & it was great to see him giving his all. :wink:

Best coverage the sport has had from the Daily papers in many a year.

I hope Emil and Scott will be seeing a nice bonus from IMG to go with their fine from the FIM :unsure:

Any news on the sanctions that must surely be taken against Holloway?

I agree Wembley Lion. Holloway was a disgrace, even more so than the 2 riders.

....maybe spook,but don't you think having Michael Buffer introducing every heat with....."Let's get ready to ruuuuummmmbbbllllleeeeee" would grate after a while? :lol:

thankfully I dont know who Michael Buffer is but yeah that would most definitely grate :D ... on the adults anyway :D

Ashley Holloway seems like he wants a bit of Emil's spotlight to me, not just for Saturday's events but his comments about Pedersen the other week.

He needs to remember it's all about the blokes on the bikes, not mechanics who want to get on the telly.

cant believe some people are making a big deal about holloway! as he ran past nicholls he pushed him... thats terrible isnt it !!!! i think the scuffle on track was a positive thing for speedway as its getting column inches. it happens in all sports and is nothing on the eye gouging that happened in a certain sport over weekend.

that must have been nicholls last ever cardiff appearance anyway

Best coverage the sport has had from the Daily papers in many a year.

I hope Emil and Scott will be seeing a nice bonus from IMG to go with their fine from the FIM :unsure:

Absolutely correct. It was a heated moment between two racers. End of.. Pretty soon it will be like Nascar where that sport is suffering from watered down sameness where they dont even let the racers express themselves. And they wonder why their popularity is plummeting. Corporate robots are not good for any sport, and that is exactly why Tony Stewart is my personal favourite driver. If it was up to them, he wouldn't even be allowed to sport a beard, or punch out Kurt Bush when he is begging for it. All in all looked a good evening, just wish for a bit more dirt as usual, but I am not on the anti Ole bandwagon for what it is worth. :wink:

I agree Wembley Lion. Holloway was a disgrace, even more so than the 2 riders.

The worst posible punishment, he should be made to mechanic for team GB in Peterborough :lol::lol:

Last week he was put forward as the saviour of British speedway :rolleyes:

Absolutely correct. It was a heated moment between two racers. End of..

They need to be shown the Icy Riders dvd if they think a bit of push and shove is tough :wink:

They need to be shown the Icy Riders dvd if they think a bit of push and shove is tough :wink:

All we can do Iris123 is try to illuminate and educate. Hell, it wasn't even a real fight. Got to give it to Scott for coming back at Emil in the pits when he walked by giving him crap (wearing helmet). Scott was yelling "now? ya wanna do it now?' Without helmet on I might add. Great stuff. As for Ice racing.. Remember when the Russkies used to 'spike" riders on purpose? Their favourite prey was the Czechs, and those tough guys didn't back off one bit (Czechs; Bring it on! ). Anyway, the promotors should have lowered Mitch Shirra or Gresh by cable from the top of the millenium stadium into the middle of the mix to make it interesting.. They would have hit whoever hit the ground first, like Jack Russells! :lol:

its not so much the fight that was the problem which was more like to girls trying to pull eachothers hair the simple face is if the move that Nicholls pulled was the other way around and Emil had taken Scott that wide. We would never hear the end of it and the GP would have to of been cancelled due to his toys being all over the track

Remeber last year when Dryml done exactly the same move to Nicholls?? Thats the same race where Scott tried to kick his handlebars. Seems like he thinks its one rule for him and one rule for everyone else when it comes to riding hard

did holloway used to be with rickardsson? i bet hed av been straight out of the team if he behaved like that with tr as his boss

its not so much the fight that was the problem which was more like to girls trying to pull eachothers hair the simple face is if the move that Nicholls pulled was the other way around and Emil had taken Scott that wide. We would never hear the end of it and the GP would have to of been cancelled due to his toys being all over the track

Remeber last year when Dryml done exactly the same move to Nicholls?? Thats the same race where Scott tried to kick his handlebars. Seems like he thinks its one rule for him and one rule for everyone else when it comes to riding hard

The move dryml put on him was to leave no room at all, scotty left plenty of room for Emil to go round him he chose to stay mid track. If he had wanted he could of moved out wider.

Wolfy!!!

not tony no but i believe he was worked in nickis team for a few seasons and also a couple seasons with jonsson,im not standing up for him as i dont know him or have met him but it was no big deal?? i remember seeing one of hamills crew doing the same to gollob in gp few seasons ago and nothing was made of it