British Speedway Forum

I'm fed up with people running Scott down at every oppurtunity, Sayfutdinov was behaving like the spoilt, petulant brat that he clearly is and Scott just reacted.

While I'm at it, Scott gets slagged off for 'daring' to not ride here this year, being called unpatriotic and a disgrace, yet no-one seems to worry about or slag off Rune Holta for choosing to be Polish ffs. I for one hope that he gets picked for team GB for the SWC as pound for pound, I still think he is one of the best we've got.

I find the title of this thread to be mis-leading my friend. It seems at a quick glance that you actually know what has been handed out, rather than you asking to know what it was.

No I don't know. I had originally posted this in General Speedway but it has been moved in to the middle of this string. It's still my forum title but for some reason I'm not at the top?

Still don't know if the GP result has be declared official

dont think scott did anything wrong but glad to see some will go toe to toe with him for a change about time some one had a go back

Edited by ashdad

strange that when ever there is hassle be it domestic or sgp scott is involved. about time he took up another trade. hope its not boxing though after that display :lol:

Hey I know, The know you could take him under your wing and teach him to install a stair lift at the local old peoples home.

Actually, best I ask your wife, I forgot she makes all the business decisions!

:lol:

Holloway's actions were those of a thug. He should be banned from the GP pits.

All the best

Rob

Indeed, fiery response from young Ashley.

Lets just hope he never finds anyone in bed with his girlfriend!

Now this is teamwork!

Having a local trackman holdingthe Russian back laughing and giving Scott a real chance to land one in! :lol:

The punch up is also number 3 on The Guardian's "Our Five Favourite Things This Week" list.........

And 50,000+ views on You Tube.....

Edited by Jenn

ah well....least out sport is getting mentioned now :approve:

Maybe Scott should send the BSPA an invoice for all those column inches , Help to pay his fine and a bit left over for some better engines :rolleyes:

The punch up is also number 3 on The Guardian's "Our Five Favourite Things This Week" list.........

And 50,000+ views on You Tube.....

well I hate to say it but that is publicity that you cannot buy............. that is the kind of thing that gains fans

edit: lol FSP :D

Edited by spook

The best thing that can be said about this incident is that will get some publicity for speedway! You could argue that's a bad thing, but some say any publicity is good publicity!

Seriously, there seems to be a lot of over reaction to the incident. As one poster has intimated, it was an overload of adrenalin from both riders, although I must say Sayfutdinov did seem to instigate the incident after the race by appearing to continue the "conversation" after Nicholls appeared to say "cool it, this is GP racing & that's what happens".

Personally, I don't think Nicholls did anything wrong in defending his position & as one wag next to me observed "He was lucky it wasn't Nicki, or he would happen drinking out of the Taff by now!" What I do find disappointing, however, is the many so called "British fans" having a go at Nicholls, who, if you take the time to actually talk to him is one of the nicest guys you could meet.

He is having a really tough time of it at the moment & it seems that many are jumping on the bandwagon of abusing him because of that. All riders go through it - Jason Crump has had a tough couple of years, Hans has had a very tough start & Leigh Adams is all over the shop but they don't seem to get the same criticism. Nicholls hasn't asked for any sympathy or special treatment & he seems to be trying very hard to make it all happen. It's an incredibly tough job, which 99% of us could/would never do, but sadly, we in this country do seem to have the habit of knocking our own.

Going back to the incident itself, the punishment handed out is neither here nor there really, did any of it really hurt anyone? Probably not, but I guess the powers that be had to make a point.

However, the person who merits a proper punishment is Ashley Holloway. His shoulder charge at Nicholls on his way up the tunnel was nothing more than a cheap shot & he should be thoroughly ashamed of himself. Perhaps his actions should be investigated & dealt with accordingly.

Indeed, fiery response from young Ashley.

Lets just hope he never finds anyone in bed with his girlfriend!

Fiesta, is there something you'd like to own up to then? :shock::lol:

All the best

Rob

He is having a really tough time of it at the moment & it seems that many are jumping on the bandwagon of abusing him because of that. All riders go through it - Jason Crump has had a tough couple of years, Hans has had a very tough start & Leigh Adams is all over the shop but they don't seem to get the same criticism. Nicholls hasn't asked for any sympathy or special treatment & he seems to be trying very hard to make it all happen. It's an incredibly tough job, which 99% of us could/would never do, but sadly, we in this country do seem to have the habit of knocking our own.

sadly before this it seemed he was getting stick simply for things like.... being given wildcards..... never winning a GP..... remaining the same standard within the gp's

I dont understand the attitude either......... as fans we can all get frustrated by shouting for a guy who we know doesnt gate well and hasnt had great machinery for a few years now but he is who he is and before this season he was always in the top 9 in the world despite ever slickening tracks......... I dont see that as any reason to have a go and ive thought for a long time that some of the professional Nicholls knockers need to get things into perspective....... either he has been riding to his natural standard or he hasnt (until this season of course)

If they need to blame anyone for their frustrations then they need to blame the riders who didnt come through to knock Scott off his perch........... and if thats unfair then blame the promoters who have been too busy bringing through Danish Aussie and Swedish riders due to their free asset registration status and low assessed averages

After Jenn's post i'm thinking well done Scott and Emil because in a few minutes of madness over hard racing that was 'soft' for guys like Olsen, Neilsen, Briggo etc they have managed to bring speedway to more new people in a way that will make them sit up and take notice than IMG and the BSPA combined over the last year..................... it could well be a new twist to anything we have been used to with speedway but ive been saying for a while that the wrestling approach would get bums on seats...... controversy works.. ask Ian Thomas

....maybe spook,but don't you think having Michael Buffer introducing every heat with....."Let's get ready to ruuuuummmmbbbllllleeeeee" would grate after a while? :lol: